Night Drive

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So..." Hayi cleared her burning throat after downing a shot of vodka. "Back to my question earlier today. What was your first impression of my little sister?"

 

Eunbi couldn't help but cough uncontrollably from Hayi's sudden question. She thought that maybe Hayi would've forgotten about their whole conversation in the car, but she was wrong.

 

"Well..." Eunbi began, her eyes eyeing her half-empty shot glass. She knew to just take it down in one go, but she didn't have such a high tolerance of alcohol anymore ever since she left her stressful past. "When we first met, I was at a much higher position than her. I was kind of like her boss you could say, so my first impression was that she was just another employee. But..."

 

"But?" Hayi rose an eyebrow. "I'm listening."

 

The director sighed, finishing the rest of her alcohol, making a mental note that it would be her last shot of the night. "We got closer and I realized I misjudged her and that was my mistake. It kind of made me open up to her more and I always had trouble making friends, so, she was patient with me. Then we became even closer. She was one of the best people I've ever met."

 

Hayi blinked rapidly. "Was? What do you mean was? Did you guys stop being friends or something?"

 

"Sorry we took so long," Seohyun interrupted as she came back with Yewon. Eunbi immediately looked away to make conversation with the assistant next to her.

 

The night quickly passed with several conversations being exchanged, a handful of bottles of alcohol passed around, and loud laughter taking over the restaurant. Yewon was the only one who chose not to drink only because she enjoyed being sober to watch over everyone else. Plus, she wasn't much of a drinker. Alcohol never suited her tastebuds.

 

"Alright, let's head home." Seohyun's eyes were barely open, having to use the table as support to stand. "Yewon, come on. You're driving us home."

 

"Mm-mm," Hayi refused, throwing her older sister's arm over her shoulders to help her walk. "My manager will take us home. Yewon can drive Eunbi back to her hotel."

 

"Oh," Eunbi shook her head, her cheeks pink from the alcohol. "It's fine. I can take myself home."

 

"Yeah sure, a tipsy woman who's alone riding a taxi by herself at almost 2 in the morning. As your boss, I'm telling you to get a ride from Yewon. Our sister brought her car anyway."

 

Eunbi exhaled in defeat as Yewon finished her water, a cold exhale escaping her lips. "Fine. I'll take her home."

 

"Good," Hayi chuckled, guiding the oldest out of the door.

 

Yewon and Eunbi's stride towards the vehicle was quiet since they didn't have much to say to each other.

 

Eunbi wasn't sure what to say. All she did was sit there with her seatbelt tight over her body. Seeing Yewon in the driver's seat weirded her out for sure. She wasn't used to the sight of the younger being the driver nor did she even realize she even had her license.

 

Yewon's grip around the wheel tightened when she glanced at the GPS, inwardly cursing upon the realization that the drive was going to take at least twenty minutes.

 

I guess it wouldn't hurt to be nice.

 

Yewon pressed on the gas, pulling into the highway that lead straight to where Eunbi's hotel was.

 

"So..." Yewon started, her gaze glancing at her rear view mirror for safety. "How have you been with your shoots? I heard you've been doing pretty well."

 

The photographer had to double-take after hearing her ex's words. Was Yewon really talking to her or did she misjudge the amount of alcohol she consumed? 

 

Yewon turned to face the other for a moment. "What?" She exclaimed. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

 

"Sorry," Eunbi apologized. So Yewon did want to talk to her. "Yeah- Yeah! I've been well. Doing what I love and... You know, I've just never been happier with my career," she laughed, sobering up from how joyful she felt because the other finally wasn't as cold as before. "I get to go to work on my own terms and then leave on my own terms."

 

"Mm," the designer nodded, stopping in front of a red light. "Isn't it kind of similar to when you were a CEO though? You had your own schedule. You just never left since you were such a workaholic," she chuckled.

 

Yewon's small laughter caused bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter