Passing Time

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 YEARS LATER

 

The restaurant was familiar in Eunbi's eyes. Ever since she made the decision to finally move on from her ex-girlfriend, all Yerin and Sojung offered were specially picked blind dates. This date was the fourth one this month, and as much as she wanted to stop, she couldn't say no to her friends. All they wanted was the best for her and she knew having company would be better than being alone in her studio all night.

 

Eunbi stepped inside, the hostess almost immediately recognizing her from the amount of times she's visited the restaurant. She wore an oversized bomber jacket with a black turtle neck tucked beneath her boyfriend jeans, combat boots hidden beneath the cuff of her pants. Working as the head of a successful company in the past, she didn't have much freedom to dress the way she wanted to, but being an independent photographer, her job allowed her to wear what she wanted without the fear of being too unprofessional. 

 

"I see you're back again," the hostess chuckled. "I wonder which lucky lady will get to meet you this time."

 

"You flatter me too much," Eunbi snickered. She sat down, a bottle of white wine resting deep in a bucket of ice. Her eyes glued onto the menu that laid flat on the table. She wasn't sure why she was looking if she already knew what she wanted. Perhaps it was because she didn't want to seem too alone while waiting for whoever was going to meet her.

 

Wrapping her fingers around the stem of her glass, Eunbi poured herself wine, watching the way the alcohol poured from the bottle. She stirred the glass carefully, trying her best to pass time. This was the first time a date of hers was more than ten minutes late and if another five minutes passed, she was simply going to walk out.

 

"Eunbi?"

 

A soft voice called from behind, causing her to turn her head. There stood a woman with long black hair, her white blouse flowing over the waistband of her jeans. She was fair and thin with an obvious dimple on her left cheek.

 

"O-Oh, that's me." Eunbi quickly stood up to shake the other's hand. The greeting was awkward, but so was every first meeting she had with each date.

 

"I'm sorry I was late, the taxi I took here broke down so I had to wait for another one." The other woman hung her purse over her chair, pulling herself closer to the table. "I'm Jinnie, by the way. I should've introduced myself first."

 

"It's fine," Eunbi shook her head in reassurance, pouring Jinnie her own glass of wine. "Sojung told me your name, I might've just blanked out."

 

"I see," Jinnie laughed, finding Eunbi's flustered expression adorable. "I had a feeling I knew you from somewhere... You're the daughter of a rich family, right? The one who lost their stocks because of a lawsuit?"

 

"Yeah..." Eunbi murmured, uncomfortably scratching the back of her neck. The fact that only people knew her as her parents' daughter annoyed her.

 

Jinnie noticed the shift in Eunbi's mood and immediately changed the subject. "It's so cool that you're a photographer now though! You're pretty well known in the industry too."

 

"Oh?" Eunbi was taken aback by her words. "You know about photography?"

 

Jinnie nodded her head. "I've been into photography since I was young, but I only do it as a hobby now. I'm too busy as a surgical assistant to do anything."

 

"I used to do it as a hobby too!" Eunbi bit down on her lower lip. This was the first time she had anything in common between the women she was set up with, and somehow, she felt more comfortable. "Now I do it as a full-time job, obviously."

 

"And I'm glad. Your work is amazing. I see the piece you did for Uhm Junghwa. They trended for a while." Jinnie sipped her wine. "You really have an eye for art."

 

Eunbi tilted her head to a side in amazement. Usually, whenever she talked to her dates about her career, they immediately moved onto the next subject because they were never sure how to respond, but Jinnie was different. 

 

 

"Miss Kim?" 

 

Yewon tilted her head up from her iPad, stopping halfway through her sketch. Winter was only around the corner and she wanted to try and release a new line of luxurious seasonal outfi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter