Chapter 9

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun was on her way toward the cafe nearby the university after Wheein texted her to have lunch together with Byul and Hyejin. She just finished her shift for clinical at the hospital while Byul was having his day off from hospital.

 

When Yongsun arrived at the cafe, Byul immediately stood up from his chair. 

 

"You guys can eat without me, I am still full from this morning." His eyes were still looking at his phone while pulled his bag to his shoulder.

 

"I go to study room first." He said and walked away from the cafe. He didn't even looked at Yongsun.  

 

Wheein turned to Yongsun. "What wrong with oppa, unnie?" She asked weirdly looking at Byul's attitude which looked different since several weeks ago. He seem like avoiding something. 

 

Yongsun just shrugged her shoulder. She also confused to see Byul's behaviour nowadays where he seem quieter especially with herself since that's night incident.  

 

The men from that night were already been taken into custody by the police. At first, she didn't want to cause a commotion about what happened, but after being advice by Wheein and Hyejin for who know how many times, she braced herself up to lodge a police report. 

 

A few more steps to reach counter to place order, she stopped. 

 

"Can you go eat first with Hyejin? I suddenly remember that I have something to do." 

 

"Unniee...." Wheein whinnied.

 

She smiled to Wheein and quickly walked away. Wheein scratched her head confused. 

 

"Let's go Wheein-ah." Hyejin pulled her arm and they walked to the counter. 

 

Yongsun let out a breath as soon as she arrived outside of the study room. She pushed the door to find someone who was inside in the room that full with thick books, papers and other medical equipment. Of course it was in messy state where they spend their most time in the room aside of hospital and library, sometimes it became their bed when studied for exam and thesis. 

 

Yongsun turned as she heard a cough not far from her standing. She walked and saw Byul's back. That man was facing his textbook at the table near the wall. 

 

Byul closed his eyes as he became aware who was coming to him. 

 

"What do you want, Yong? Didn't just now you were going to have lunch?" He asked without looking at her. He leaned forward to reach a pen on the table. Before he could use the pen yet, Yongsun's hand snatched it first. 

 

"What the hell with you?!!" He slammed the table with both hands as he got up from the chair. He griped his knuckles until it turned white while looked at Yongsun with tense. 

 

"I should be the one who ask that question. What is your problem with me??!" Yongsun snapped harshly at him. 

 

"Nothing." He sighed a deep breath. 

 

"Nothing??! You said nothing??! I called you but you never pick up, when I asked you, you didn't answer. You didn't even look at me. What the hell is going on with you??!!" She pushed his chest rough. Finally all the feelings that she was hiding in her heart for several weeks burst out. 

 

Byul took a deep breath until his chest rose high. Trying not to be rough with her. "Can we talk about this next time, Yong? I have a lot of things to do now." He replied in restrained tone. 

 

"If you have a problem with me, just tell me!. Don't treat me like i am invisible!!" 

 

"Then how do you want me to treat you? Same as I treat Krystal? Yah... You are not someone special, Yong. We are just friend, Yong!!" Nothing more than that!" Byul yelled at her. 

 

Yongsun stunned. His words were sharply stabbed her heart. She bit her lips, trying to hold tears. Slowly she nodded. 

 

"I know my place. You didn't have to remind me, because I also never though you were more than a friend. But if you don't want to be friends with me anymore, just tell me, Byul-ah. Don't make me look like a fool." 

 

After that, she quickly got out of the room. As soon as her feet stepped outside the door, tears fall down to her cheeks. She step down from the building with sobbing. 

 

"Arghhhh!!!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter