Chapter 21

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun got into the elevator. There was no one yet because the clock just shifted to 7.30 in the morning, an hour before peak hour where changing shift and most people got into works. She pressed the button to close the door. A bit before the door about to close, there was a hand that suddenly blocked it. She almost dropped her phone in her hand. Weak-hearted!

 

Byul who appeared was also surprised to see Yongsun. He cleared his throat.

 

“Sorry.” Then he walked into the elevator. The door closed and began to move upwards. Both stood in silence. 

 

“You are early today.” Byul broke the silence. 

 

“Urmm… I have to do some works before meeting later.” Yongsun replied. She clasped her fingers tightly. Sometimes her eyes raised to look as the elevator screen. Why did she felt like the elevator suddenly moved to slow? 

 

“Did you slept well last night?” Byul still tried to prolong the conversation. 

 

His question made Yongsun shocked. She looked at him weird. It was never once in her life though that Byul would asked if she slept well or not. 

 

“Okay. You? What time did you arrived home last night?”

 

Byul smiled widely. “I am okay too. I arrived home around 10.”

 

Yongsun nodded. As soon the elevator door opened, she sighed in relief. 

 

“I go first.” Just a few steps she took, she turned back to Byul when remembered about their meeting this evening. 

 

“About this evening… Is it still happen?” She asked to make sure.

 

“I need to go back to my parent’s. Can we do it tomorrow?”

 

“Alright.” Both walked to the cardiac thoracic department. 

 

“Yong…”

 

Yongsun turned in frowned. “What?”

 

“Let have breakfast together.” 

 

“Huh?”

 

“Accompany me to breakfast?”

 

Yongsun nodded without realized.

 

“Alright. See you here in five minutes.” Byul smiled widely before walked into his office.

 

“What?” Yongsun frowned. Did I agreed to him? Feeling like wanted to bang her head to the wall.

 

Five minutes later, both were standing inside the elevator again. 

 

“Where do you want to eat?” Byul asked.   

 

“Can we just eat at the café?”

 

“Sure. No problem.”

 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

Yongsun stirred the kimchi stew in her bowl. She was awkward when being alone with that man. There was no Hyejin to cheer up the atmosphere. And also did not knew what to talk about with him. 

 

Byul glanced at Yongsun. The dishes in her bowl was touched a bit. Not that he did not knew that Yongsun was not comfortable with him. His seolleongtang on the tray were brought to his mouth. 

 

“Does it not tasty?”

 

“Huh?” Yongsun raised her eyes to look at Byul. 

 

“No… It is tasty.” She took a spoon of kimchi stew. Suddenly she got choked. Her face reddened at the spiciness that went up to her nose. Quickly she drank the water in front of her. 

 

“That is my water.”

 

Hearing those words, her face became flushed. It was lucky that she did not spit the water inside . She took the tissue that handed by Byul even if she felt like to bury her face in the ground. 

 

Byul held his laugh. Yong was so cute!

 

“Sorry.” Yongsun said in embarrassed. She placed the glass down and changed her glass with Byul’s. 

 

“I didn’t drink yet that water.” She mumbled. 

 

Byul grinned. “I don’t mind it. We are not anyone.”

Those words hit Yongsun’s ears. She shocked. Was she misheard?

 

“I heard from Hyejin that your parents already came back to Korea.” Byul changed topic. Did not want the woman to continued felt embarrassed.

Yongsun looked at him, surprised how did that man could know it. 

 

“Hurmm… Last year. After my sister passed away, they came back here.”

 

“So… Are you already okay with them?” He could not even imagined if he was at her place. She was left alone since childhood, then suddenly they appeared when everything had changed completely.

 

“Better. Maybe at early days there was a bit awkward. But not, everything have become better. After all, grandma also had gone. Whether I want or not, they are the only family that I have.”

 

“Grandma had passed away? When?”

 

“5 months ago.”

 

Byul silence. Remembered when his first day he stepped at Korea. Hyejin wanted to say something about Yongsun. Was it about that? Maybe. Because at that time he did not even want to know anything about his wife at all. Maybe that why Hyejin just kept to himself. 

 

“Your patents know about me?” Suddenly the question came in his mind. 

 

Yongsun looked at him and nodded. 

 

They continued to eat. Suddenly an empty table not far from them was occupied by a group of teenagers, two girls and two boys. Judging by their styles, they looked like students. Maybe the intern students who had their clinical at the hospital. Moreover, the other girl looked like the old her. Suddenly Yongsun smiled.

 

"Why are you smiling?"

 

Yongsun turned to him and pointed to the group nearby them. "Just remembered the old four of us." 

 

Byul looked at them. Uncontrollably his smile also carved. 

 

"Miss we?" 

 

Yongsun shrugged. "A bit when remembered the crazy things that we had done before." 

 

"We broke into Prof. Park's room. Then got busted with the security guard ajusshi. Everyone run away line crazy and we quickly drove home. At the end, Wheein was left at the campus." 

 

Yongsun burst out laughing when remembered the incident of that night. Got feared of being chase by the security guard, but when they arrived at the university entrance, they just noticed someone was left behind. The funniest thing, the security guard ajusshi was the one who send Wheein back to their house. Wheein had been raging at her for a whole week, sulking and refused to talk to her. 

 

When Yongsun realised that Byul's eyes were staring at her, immediately her laugh stopped. Her chest trembled as she was stabbed by his black shiny eyes. 

 

"Yeah... I missed too." Byul mumbled between heard or not. 

 

Both their eyes met, flickered the feeling in her heart. Quickly Yongsun looked down to finish her meals. Stop it, Yong... You had made a decision. Don't get shaken anymore! 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

That evening, they had a meeting at SNU Hospital. Their present was greeted by Eric's secretary. They were taken to the meeting room. 

 

"How are you, unnie?" Bomi asked. 

 

"Good. My office is not covered with dust, right?" Bomi laughed. 

 

"Dr Nam took a good care of it. He cant wait to finish this collaboration. So you can come back here faster." Bomi said. It nit she did not know that the whole hospital already aware of their chairman son's feeling toward Yongsun. He had confessed in front of the crowded at hospital dinner party last time. But still had no news raised. That night, Yongsun just stood silently and did not reply to him. Maybe she embarrassed. 

 

" I also can't wait for all this to end." Her eyes raised to glance Byul who not far away from her. Her feelings toward him grew stronger day by day. So she wanted to complete this as soon as possible. So that her life will returned to normal as before. 

 

"Can I ask something, unnie?" 

 

Yongsun looked at Bomi with raised brows. "What is that?" 

 

"Urmm... Is Dr Moon still single?"

 

Yongsun shocked to hear Bomi's question. "Why? Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter