Chapter 19

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul walked into the kitchen. The smell of kimchi stew entered his nose. But that was not what he wanted. He was searching his black box under his bed that went missing. 

 

"Where is mom, ahjumma?" 

 

The maid who was busy cooking turned to him. "I think she is at the backyard with Yesol. I almost finish cooking. In a few minutes it can be serve?." 

 

"Alright, ahjumma. I want to ask, where is my black box that below my bed? I couldn't find it." Byul asked. He already searched it in every gaps and corners of his room, but still could not find it. 

 

"Black box?" 

 

"There was my name on the box cover." He told as to remember her. Before he went to England, as far as he could remember he keep the box under his bed. 

 

"Ahh... I keep it in your grandpa's office. It was covering with dust under your bed, so that's why I placed its there. If I'm not mistaken I put it beside your grandpa's bookshelf." 

 

"Alright. I will look for it. If you are already done cooks, just call me, ahjumma." Byul got out and walked toward his grandpa's old office. He pushed the door slowly opened. For a moment, he just stood by the door not moving. Byul stared at the office surrounding. They still looked the same as seven years before when he left the house. Grandpa Moon's favourite place. His chess set that placed on the coffee table was still well cared. 

 

He enter the office and walked to the bookshelves by the walls. One by one piles of the books next to it were lifted up. He coughed when some dust entered his respiratory tract. A few minutes later, the black box that he searched was found. He lifted ad brought the medium-heavy box to his grandpa's desk. 

 

"Waahh... I still have these stuffs." He muttered when rummaged all his things one by one. He smiled at the old memories. The sketchbooks from his high school days was also in the box. Just waited for the time to rot. Suddenly his eyes were fixed on a big white album that tucked between his old magazines. 

 

"What is this?" Byul pulled the album out. He surprised to see the font that engraved on the album cover page. 

 

Our Wedding

ByulYi & YongSun 

June 19th, 2013

 

When did this album was placed in his box? For a minutes he pondered the cover, finally he opened it. The moments from the night of his and Yongsun wedding seven years ago was photographed. He stared at the pictures until his eyes stopped at the image of Yongsun wearing a white dress. She was too beautiful with the makeup and the dress. 

 

But why did her face looked sad? Shouldn't Yongsun be happy after she managed to snatch him from Krystal? His dad's words months ago echoed in his ears. Was it true that Yongsun married him as to save her grandma?  

 

"Of course she can pretended... even a happy face can looked sad." He denied the feeling that slowly came into his heart. 

 

"Oppa..." 

 

Byul turned to the door. 

 

"Let's eat." Yesol invited. She frowned when looking at the box on the desk. 

 

"What are you doing, oppa?" Her feet stepped into the office. 

 

"Nothing." Byul quickly packed his things back into the box. But his sister's hand was faster. The album in his hand was snatched away. 

 

"Give me back, Yesol!" He tried to snatch it back. But Yesol run fast to hide behind the big chair.   

 

"No. Let me see it first!" 

 

When the album was being opened, Byul surrendered. He sat on the coach watching her sister's reaction. 

 

"I have never seen these photos before." Yesol also sat on the coach in front of her brother. She observed the photos one by one with interest. 

 

"Your wife is really beautiful, oppa." Yesol commented. Byul's face changed. Either the words 'beautiful' or 'wife'. Just between those two only. 

 

"I think she was just common." He took the album back and placed it in his box. 

 

"No... You don't understand. She is really beautiful!  If a woman herself says that a woman is beautiful, it means that she is really beautiful!  Why did mom not like her? Compared her to Dahee unnie, I think your wife would have won without even contesting." Yesol blurted. She never met her sister in-law before. During her brother's wedding also, she was taking her exam. So she can't got back home. 

 

Yesol was thinking strange too. How did their mother did nit stop wanting his brother marry to Dahee? Although it was already cleared that her brother was married.. Even though it looked like he acted liked having no wife but the fact it was there. 

 

Byul shrugged. "I don't know. Mom already did not like her from the beginning. Maybe because she was a boyish girl." 

 

"But now she is not, right?" 

 

"How do you know?" Byul shocked. 

 

"Have you ever seen a 31-year-old boyish girl?" 

 

There was a logic too. Byul agreed in his mind. 

 

"No, right? So that means your wife now is becomes a real woman."  

 

"Yeah, that's right." He answered without realised. 

 

"What?? Have you meet Yongsun unnie?" Yesol pulled his brother's shirt. 

 

Byul silent. "Not only just meet. But I need to see her face everyday." 

 

Yesol frowned. "What?! How could you didn't tell me, oppa? Why are you meeting her everyday? How is she now? Was she still beautiful?" Yesol asked liked a machine gun. 

 

"Yahh... One by one, Moon Yesol!"   

 

"Okay." Yesol calmed herself. She breathe in and out. "When did you guys meet?" 

 

"Still new. Just 2 months." Byul answered even though he actually met her several months before, since at Bucheon. His hand quickly put back the stuffs he took out earlier. 

 

"Why are you meet her everyday?" Second questions.  

 

"She works temporarily at my hospital." He looked at Yesol's frowned face. "The fact is... she is a doctor from SNU Hospital and now my hospital is having a collaboration project with them. So, Yong is one of those who involved in this project." 

 

"Then...?" Yesol's eyes widened looking at her brother. Still waiting for the story continuation. She really didn't like this hanging story. 

 

"That's it."

 

"Oppa... What with this endless story? Tell me how is she now. Has she changes or was still the same as before? How did you feel after meet her again? How was it?" 

 

Byul frowned heard her question. 

 

"She changed..." Then he sighed deeply. "But about my feeling... No comment." He closed the box and arranged it next to the stack of the books beside the bookshelves. Yesol followed him at behind like a puppy. 

 

"What? That's it?" Yesol pouted. 

 

"That's it, Yesol. Let's eat." Byul stepped out leaving his sister who still did not finish questioning him like a police officer. He deafened his ears, let his sister blabbing alone. 

 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

 

"Hyung... Let's eat. It almost 2pm already."

 

He leaned his body to the chair while massaged his numb neck. Didn't even realised how many hours had passed he did the morning round, teaching interns, had surgery and doing their project paperwork since this early morning. He peeked his watch on the left wrist. 

 

"Where?" H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter