Chapter 22

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"But, Wheein-ah... Do you understand that I am not willing to live like this anymore?" 

 

"Than, what do you want me to do, unnie? Do you want me to go and attack Byul oppa so that he want to let you go?" Wheein said at the end of the line. 

 

Yongsun who was lying on her bed quickly got up. She sighed deeply. "I don't mean it like that, Wheein-ah..."

 

Her brain began to work hard to find the other ways. Suddenly she got an idea. "Can you ask your boyfriend to help me? Ask Hyejin to advice Byul to divorce me." That was the only way she could think at this moment. She was so desperate!

 

"I... I feel so wrong to that, unnie. I don't want to become the cause of your broken marriage." Wheein expressed her feeling. It was not that she did not want to help, but Yongsun was her best friend and so did Byul. How could she chose between both of them. She was stuck! 

 

"What broken marriage Wheein-ah if before this the marriage itself was not even exist?" Yongsun replied. Weak. 

 

Silence. 

 

"Do you really want to marry Eric, unnie?"

 

Yongsun touched her temples. Lying back on the bed. Dizzy. 

 

"Can you not ask me about married again, Wheein-ah. What I want just now is to get out from this marriage. That is my only wish." She said. The issue of getting married again was never crossed her mind for now. Even now she was still stuck with Byul and later she wanted to marry someone else? 

 

"Are you really want to get divorce? Have you thought about it wisely? Don't you love Byul oppa anymore, unnie?" She knew that first love was never easy to forget. 

 

Her tongue paralysed when heard Wheein's question. Without realised, the tears began to fall from her eyes. Her heart heaved. It will be a lie if she said the love for him was not there anymore. But she didn't want to live in a dream continuously. Because her love all this time was one-sided only. She never had it reciprocated. 

 

"No." She lied. 

 

Wheein silence at the end of the line. 

 

"If that is the case, it okay. I will talk to Hyejin about this latter." Wheein decided. She also wanted to see her best friend being happy. If that decision could make Yongsun happy, she will tried to help. 

 

"Thanks, Wheein-ah." 

 

A few minutes later, the call ended. She opened the door and walked downstairs. Seeing that her parents still laughing in front of tv at the living room. She walked to the kitchen and poured the water in the fridge into a glass. 

 

 "I thought you were sleeping." 

 

She screamed. "Omma!" She turned around while rubbed her chest. 

 

"Luckily I have no heart problem, omma. I have some works to do. What are you having so much fun with appa just now?" 

 

Mrs Kim grinned. "Nothing. We just reminisced our old stories, where we just met." 

 

"Awww... So romantic!" Yingsun . She drank to finish her water. When she will feel the happiness like that? She sighed. 

 

Mrs Kim looked at her daughter who fall into a deep though near the sink there. She placed down the apple and knife. 

 

"I have told appa everything." 

 

Yongsun turned to her mother. "About what?" She asked did not understand. She washed the glass. 

 

"About Byul. Appa asks you to invite him for a dinner. He wants to meet him." 

 

She dropped the glass inside the sink. Quickly she turned to Mrs Kim. 

 

"Why did you told appa.."

 

"Why cant I knew about it too?" Suddenly her father's voice was heard. Seen that her father was standing near the wall. 

 

"Appa... That is not what I mean. I just feel like that I can settle this things by myself." Did not want her father to feel sad. She didn't want her parents to get burdened by her problem. 

 

"I knew my daughter already grown up and able to settle her own problems. But this is not a small thing, Yongsun. This is about your marriage, my daughter's happiness. Don't I have the right to know too?" 

 

"Appa..." She walked to Mr Kim and held his hands. "I am sorry. I just don't want you and omma worry about this. I can handle this."

 

Mr Kim rubbed her head. "I understand. But this is also my responsibility to make sure that my daughter is happy. Invite him over this weekend." 

 

Yongsun raised her head to look at her father. 

 

"Huh? But appa..."

 

"No more but, Yongsun. After all he is not an outsider. He is mu son in-law. I just want to meet him. Was he so handsome that he was willing to leave my beautiful daughter." 

 

Yongsun did not know what to reply. She looked at both of them with mixed feeling. 

 

"I want to get divorce, appa." She said without hiding. Their faces changed. 

 

"Have you think about this wisely, Yongsun?  Have Byul know?" Mrs Kim asked worried. She was not very supportive of her son-in law's action, but to see her daughter divorced at the young age, she also not willing. 

 

"Yeah, omma. I had discussed with him already about this. But... he still don't want to let me go." 

 

Mrs Kim touched her shoulder while looking at her husband. 

 

"You invite him to come here later. And I will try to talk about this with him." Mr Kim finally decided. If this was the path that his daughter chose, he will help as much as he can. 

 

"Thanks, appa." Yongsun hugged her father. Slightly her feeling relief. 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________ 

 

 

 

While Byul was finishing his night round at the ward, suddenly his Iphone in the white coat vibrated. He took the phone out. Received text from someone. 

 

"Yong?" He walked to his office to take a seat. As arrived, he sat on the coach and quickly opened it. 

 

 

Appa invites you to come home this weekend. He wants to meet you. 

-Yong

 

His eyes widened. In instant he felt butterflies in the stomach. Met his father-in-law? When they got married before, Mr Moon was the one who walked on the aisle with Yongsun while her own father was still at London. He never meet him before. His chest began to beat uneasy. What did her father wanted to say?

 

"Alright, Byul... Be gentleman. You want Yong, right? So you need to meet him." 

 

He had made decision. He wanted to start a new phase as husband and wife with Yongsun. Wanted to correct all his mistakes. His fingers moved on the phone's screen. 

 

Alright. I will come when I free. Do you want me to bring anything? Maybe some fruits? After all, I want to meet my beloved in-laws. :)

-Byul

 

He sent the text with a big smile on his face. Knowing that Yongsun would be pissed of with him. 

 

No need. Just get ready to let me go. 

-Yong

 

"Not that easy, Yong." He mumbled with shaking head. 

 

Don't be overconfident, babe... who knows maybe your appa is the one tells me to take a good care of you after this. 

-Byul

 

Five minutes had passed, still no reply had received. He laughed alone. 

 

"You have loose, Yong." Byul can't help but chuckled. He laid down on the coach with a satisfied smile. 

 

Far away from hospital, Yongsun gripped her phone tightly. 

 

"Arghhh!!" Yongsun screamed in rage. Annoyed by Byul. Suddenly a load knocked on her door was heard and her scream stopped. 

 

"What wrong, Yongsun?" 

 

"Arrr... Nothing, omma. I just saw a cockroach." She but her lower lips, lied to her mother. She looked at the text that still appeared at her phone's screen before threw it on the coach. She slammed her face to the pillow and screamed as much as she could to relief her rage feeling toward Byul. 

 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

"Wait!" Yongsun shouted with both hands full with her bag and documents. The almost closed eleva

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter