Chapter 14

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

7 years later....

 

 

The black Volvo XC90 stopped right in front of Seoul National University Hospital. A minute later, an early thirty-year-old woman who was in her blue shirt and black pants came out in hurry. The beautiful face could not cover the gloom on her face. She run quickly into hospital's lobby. Several staffs greeted her but she was running too fast to greet them back. 

 

She pushed the ward's door with Kim Taeyeon's name on it. 

 

"Yongsun...." 

 

All the eyes there focused on the woman. Maybe surprised by her sudden presence. 

 

"Grandma..." She walked slowly step by step. The white hospital's linen that covered the entire body on the bed was like a knife stabbing her heart. Tears welled up on her cheeks. 

 

Mrs Kim who was standing next to her husband came to her and hugged the slender body. It was the first time she hugged her daughter after almost a year they had returned to South Korean after Yonghee's death. Her mother's heart sank when she saw her daughter cried. 

 

"Grandma..." Yongsun sobbed as she approached the bed. Who would have thought that just yesterday she had a long conversation with her grandma on the phone because she was in Busan for a week as she had attended World Cardiology Summit Conference 2020, but today her grandma was gone. She pulled the white cloth and the more she cried as she saw the pale face that seemed to be smiling calmly. 

 

"Why don't you wait for me, grandma? Why don't you wait..." She sobbed. 

 

"Calm downs, noona... Grandma already being happy there." Yongjun held his tears back. He gently touched his sister's arm. 

 

Yongsun bit her lips. She remembered her grandma's last words before she hung up the call yesterday. 

 

You have sacrificed a lot for grandma and others. Don't sacrifice your heart anymore, Yongsun-ah.. Before I left, I wanted to see my beloved granddaughter being happy as anyone else. 

 

She just laughed at those words. She didn't think  those were the last words that left for her. As if she knew that the time was approaching her. Her forehead was met with her grandma's cold forehead. Tears dripped down to the older's face. 

 

"How do I want to live after this, grandma?" She sobbed again. She stared at her grandma's face who had been cared and loved her for twenty-seven-years unconditionally. She was crying for a long time at the edge of the bed before leaned forward to kiss her grandma's forehead for the last time. 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

Late at six in the evening, all the funeral arrangements were settled. All the Kim's family went back home. Yongsun sat the dining table. Her tears already dried. Yet she was thankful that she was able to accompany her grandma at her last moment by her side. She was the one who took care of her after her heart surgery seven years ago. She had to manage her time between her grandma and hospital. During her day off from hospital, she would spent her whole time with her grandma. Everything was just her grandma and her career. 

 

Suddenly her hand was touched. She turned to see her mother sat on the chair next to her. The warm touch made her heart heaved again. It was the second time that hand touched her after almost so long she longed for a mother's touch. Her tears burst again. 

 

Mrs Kim also w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter