Chapter 17

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning!" Byul raised his head after he sat on the chair at the nurse station of cardiothoracic unit (CTU) of Asan Medical Centre. He looked at Hyejin who had finished his morning round with other fellow doctors. 

 

"It is afternoon, Dr Ahn." He replied before sipped his hot coffee that he just bought from vending machine around the corner. Almost 2 months has passed after the incident that happened in Bucheon. But everything was still fresh in his memory. That beautiful face still stuck in his mind like chewing gum. 

 

"I want to remind you that we have an appointment with director from SNU Hospital at 3pm, hyung."

 

Byul nodded. "Siwan already remind me just now.  Are all the documents ready?" 

 

"I asked Dr Lee to prepare everything. But he said Mr Nam can't attend its today, so his son will replace him later." Hyejin told. 

 

He just found out earlier that their hospital was entrusted to be involved in developing new technology for cardiothoracic surgery same as they did with Radcliffe Hospital last time. But this time they will collaborate with local hospital as to spread the new technologies around Korea. 

 

"Have you ever met with Mr Nam's son?" 

 

Hyejin thought in silent. " I'm not sure, maybe I haven't." 

 

"Alright, later can you remind me back, Hyejin-ah?"

 

Hyejin nodded. "I have to meet my patient in 10 minutes. See you later, hyung." He turned to walk away. Suddenly Byul spoke again. 

 

"Hyejin-ah..." 

 

"Yeah..." Hyejin frowned. 

 

"You..." Byul cleared his throat before continue. 

 

"Do you know where is Yongsun working now?" Finally the question came out from his mouth. Hyejin's face changed in instant. 

 

"Ermm... Wheein once told me before, but I don't remember. I will ask her again later." He looked Byul weirdly. 

 

"Why do you suddenly want to know? All this time, your ego was really high even you don't want to hear her name again."

 

Byul shrugged his shoulder. "No reason. Just curious." 

 

"Whatever your excuses, hyung. Later I'll ask Wheein." Hyejin shook his head. Such an egotistic!  He walked away to his office direction. 

 

At 2pm, both of them and other doctor drove to SNU Hospital. Their arrival was greeted by a woman and they were taken up to the sixth floor of the hospital. 

 

"Please take a seat first. Dr Nam will come in a moment." The consultant said as soon as the meeting room door was opened. Each took their places at the big table. Byul pressed his on button of his MacBook after they sat on the chair. 

 

"Is Dr Nam still young?" He asked. 

 

Hyejin rubbed his chin. He had never met the man but he heard some stories about the man from their staff. "I think he is still young. If I am not mistaken, he just two years older than you, hyung."

 

Byul nodded. A moment later, their conversation stopped when the door opened and two men and a woman came in. They got up and moved closer. One if the men held out his hand. 

 

"Welcome to Seoul National University Hospital, Dr..." 

 

"Dr Moon." Byul replied. The outstretched hand was welcomed professionally. The man nodded with small smile. "Dr Nam. Eric Nam." 

 

"Glad to meet you, Dr Nam." 

 

After all of them got introduced, without wasting time the meeting started. As the collaboration project was still in its early stage so not much can be discussed. Almost one hour and half later, the meeting finally ended. 

 

"Ms Yoon..." Eric called his secretary. The woman walked toward him before he whispered something to her. 

 

Papers on the table were collected and documents were packed before they all got up from their chairs. Eric walked towards Byul. 

 

"I am sorry, Dr Moon. The other doctor could not attend our meeting this evening because she suddenly had an emergency surgery." Eric told him. There was one more doctor that should be involved in their meeting but there was a surgery that she needed to perform. 

 

"It's okay. After all, we still have a lot of time left. Anyways... Thank you Dr Nam for willing to work with us. Hopefully this project will go smooth as planned." 

 

"Alright. About the placement of my doctors at your hospital, is there any problem about that?" Eric asked. Since this was one of the big project for their hospital collaboration, he wanted the best team to carry out the project in a short time around 6 to 8 months. So they planned to placed two of their doctors at AMC so that all the discussion and project implementation can run smoothly and neatly. 

 

"No problem. They can come by next week." Byul also had been informed earlier about it, so he already instructed Siwan to tidy up an empty office in their hospital. 

 

"Alright. Thank you very much Dr Moon for your cooperation. And excused me, I have an appointment after this." Eric shook their hands again before came out from the meeting room. 

 

"Lets go eat, hyung." Hyejin said as soon as they arrived in front of the elevator to go down to the hospital lobby while rubbing his stomach gently. 

 

Byul just laughed and shook his head. "Lets go but you are paying!" 

 

"Hyung, you are the one who richer than me. You are paying!" 

 

"No... You are paying or we cancel it?" 

 

"Fine... Alright... You are so cheapskate." Byul chuckled. 

 

Just when they entered the elevator and the door almost closed, a woman with blonde-tied-hair stepped out from the elevator next to them and was passing in front of their elevator. 

 

Byul's heart suddenly beat at unusual pace. He quickly pressed the open-button to look outside. Nothing was strange. Suddenly his gaze was fixed on a woman who was wearing a scrub attire. She looked chaotic walked to the office but her face was hidden from his eyes. 

 

"What wrong, hyung?" Hyejin asked when Byul still standing in the middle of the elevator, prevented the door from closed. 

 

"Huh?" He looked at Hyejin and shook his head before got into elevator again. 

 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

Yongsung panted as soon as she arrived at the Eric secretary's desk. 

 

"Have the meeting finished, Bomi?" 

 

"Yeah, it just finished unnie. The representative went back just now." The secretary, Yoon Bomi replied with a sympathetic face. Eric suddenly came out from his office, she quickly got up. 

 

"You just come, Yongsun?" Eric asked. 

 

"Sorry I'm late. Suddenly my patient got into cardiac arrest and needed an emergency surgery." Yongsun told him. Otherwise, she had already finished her schedule with her patients three hours ago. 

 

"It's okay. It's good that you didn't come, because the doctor who came was very handsome. I'm afraid that he will flirted with you in front of my eyes." Eric joked. But it was undeniable that the doctor named Moon ByulYi had his own charms. Otherwise his secretary would not have been stuck earlier. 

 

"Right. I will meet him later too." Yongsun said while rolled her eyes. She also will be involved in the project too. Sooner or later, she will meet that man. 

 

"Alright. I want to see my dad. So see you later, Yongsun." Yongsun sent his steps until he disappeared behind the wall there. 

 

She turned back to Eric's secretary. 

 

"Was that right, Bomi?"

 

"What was right, unnie?" 

 

"Was the doctor handsome?" Yongsun raised her brows and seen that girl was already shy. 

 

"He was like this!" Bomi gave thumbs up to approve. Yongsun burst out laughing at her overrated-facial expression. 

 

"You are funny, Bomi. What if he was someone's husband?"

"If he was a husband, of course I will frustrated. But you need to be careful later, unnie. I afraid that you will fall for hum. After all, you guys will meet everyday." Bomi laughed. 

 

"Hahaha... Stop talking nonsense, Bomi. Is there a copy off the meeting document earlier?" 

 

"Of course. Later I will sent it to you." 

 

"Alright, I go to my office first." Yongsun went down to her office on the second floor. Fifteen minutes later, her door was knocked. 

 

"Come in." Bomi appeared with files on her hands.  

 

"This is the document, and this other file, Chairman Nam asked me to give you." She placed two black files on her table. 

 

"Alright. Thanks, Bomi." 

 

"After this, it will be hard to see you, unnie." 

 

"Omo... It not even far. I am still at Seoul too. Just for six months only. It is not that long, after that I will comeback here." She was reluctance to work at other hospital. Needed to meet new people, new atmosphere. But she had received the instructions from her superiors, what else can she said? Just can accept it.

 

After Bomi walked out, she pulled the files closer to her. 'Asan Medical Centre' She looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter