Chapter 15

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The trolley was pushed out of international arrival hall. The black aviator sunglass that placed on his pointy-nose was taken away. His eyes darted to find someone in the crowded of waiting people. 

 

"Dr Moon!!" As soon as he saw a smile in the crowded, automatically his smile was also carved. 

 

"Long time no see, hyung. How are you?" Hyejin hugged the body tightly. 

 

7 years. 7 years Byul disappeared like a dust after Krystal gone. 

 

Hyejin himself, only two years ago he got the news when Byul suddenly called him. Byul told him that his hospital wanted to do collaboration with hospital in Korea and he wanted Hyejin to be the important person that in-charges the project.  

 

"Im fine. The flight was delayed a bit, that why it arrived a bit late." 

 

"Let me see.." Hyejin held Byul's shoulder. He looked at the man top to bottom with a small nod. "Still handsome as before. Back for good?" 

 

"Hopefully so." Byul said before being hugged again by Hyejin. He chuckled. Both walked to Hyejin's car. 

 

Since 3 years ago, Byul had been pursued in cardiology fields. He and his team at John Radcliffe Hospital had developing new technology for cardio surgery and the project went succeed. Byul had proposed to his hospital to do collaboration with hospital in Korea as to introduce the new technology. His family who was one of the largest shareholder in Asan Medical Centre and he used those chance to do partnership with them. 

 

"So.. How was here?" Byul asked after they got inside Hyejin's Audi R8. He took off his black Thom Browne's jacket and placed it on his laps.

 

"About life or work, hyung?" 

 

"Of course about work, Hyejin-ah." 

 

"Come on, hyung! Can we not talk about work today? You just coming back after 7 years... For god sake..." He whinnied and wanted his friend to realise that this life was not just for work alone.  

 

Byul laughed. Hyejin was so exaggerated. 7 years was not so long. It was id it's 10 years or 20 years. 

 

"Are you hungry, hyung?" Hyejin asked when he saw Byul got quiet. 

 

"Can you take me to grandpa first, can you? Then we can go eat."

 

Slowly Hyejin nodded before focussed on his driving. 

 

Byul leaned back to the seat. It had been 6 years since his grandpa passed away, exactly a year after he left the country. He never contacted his grandpa except his mom and dad. His ego was still mounting, blaming his grandpa for what had happened to Krystal before. 

 

Until now, the resentment still remained. Because the last memories of him with grandpa were just full with hateful words. He still remember how rude he vented his anger on his grandpa before he left Korea. 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

"How is Wheein?" Byul asked after waiter walked away before placed the meals on the table. He sipped the kimchi stew with feeling. His longing for korean meals were indescribable. Although all these were quite easy to find in England, but the feeling remains different. It won't be same with at the country itself. 

 

"Wheein is good. She just getting more busy with her works and we just met at home several times a week." Hyejin replied. They both had been lived together after the graduation but worked in different hospital and it made they had less time together at home but both being contacted every time through text and always met outside. Wheein succeed with her dream to become paediatric while he choose cardiology as his field. Same as Yongsun and Byul. 

 

"Does Wheein know that you are working with me?" Hyejin shook his head. 

 

"No. She know that I work at Asan Medical Centre but she didn't know that you are my new boss." 

 

"What if Wheein knew that all this time I had contacted with you, hyung. Of course I will get hit." Hyejin laughed. 

 

Byul chuckled. Among all their friend, Hyejin was the only one who knew about him over the time. He had deactivated all his social medias since he left the country. One by one their memories during university came to his mind, making him smiled alone. 

 

"Hyung... Don't you want to ask me anything?" Hyejin asked carefully. He didn't know how was him after 7 years. 

 

"About what?"

 

"About Yong..." His words stopped when Byul's hand was raised quickly gave him signal. His face was serious. 

 

"I don't want to know anything about her, Hyejin-ah. Just... keep it for yourself." 

 

"If that is what you want, hyung." Hyejin sighed. 

 

He looked at his friend. Tried to dive into his mind. He didn't even want the name to be heard, let alone want to meet. But why brought up the past if each of them still hurting? The  friendship that used to be intact, had been shattered until can't be reunited. Whose fault was that? He also didn't know. 

 

"Where are you staying now, hyung? Your family house?" 

 

"No. I stay by myself. I am grown up. Its kind of funny if I still staying with them." After all, he was more free if he stayed alone. 

 

The had been talking about 3 hours before Hyejin sent him home. Byul got off the car and picked up his luggage from the back of the car. 

 

"Alright, anything later, I will call you. Thanks for picked me up,Hyejin-ah."

 

"No problem, hyung. When do you want to get work? I can tell others. You know, their new director wants to get work. Should we lay the red carpet for you?" Hyejin . 

 

Since last week he already inform the hospital about Byul's return.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter