Chapter 12

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just one year, babe. I want you wait for me just one year. After that, we will get married. I promise.” He kissed the girl’s hand. After one week in silence, only now Krystal had agree to meet him. His mind was in a mess of this one week.

 

Krystal cried. Her heart was wounded by what had happened. In a blink of eyes, her boyfriend was taken away by Yongsun in front of her own eyes.

 

“Anything can happen in a year, babe. Can you guarantee that you will not fall in love with Yongsun? That you will never touch her?” Krystal asked for many times already. Man? If a woman was already serve in front of their eyes, can they resist it? She didn’t believe.

 

Byul lost his words thinking about that possibility.

 

“See… You yourself cannot even promise me about that. How do you expect me to wait a year for you?” She said while turned away. All her dreams to build a family with her lover had shattered.

 

“I promise.”

 

Krystal looked at him. He held both her hands tightly while looked at her mixed feeing faced.

 

“I promise, babe. I promised you that I will never fall in love with Yongsun. And I will never touch her during our marriage.” Byul made a promise because he himself was sure that it will never happen between them.

 

“Easy for you to promise. If you insist with your grandpa earlier, all this thing will not happen. Why don’t you break up this engagement if you really love me?”

 

“Because I don’t want to be a rebellious son, babe!”

 

“Then what about me?” Krystal snapped. Her tears started to running down to her cheeks.

 

Byul pulled his hair. His chest heaved. He didn’t know what to do.

 

“You really don’t love me, don’t you? Because you actually fall in love with Yongsun.”

 

Byul shook his head. “No babe. I don’t love her!”

“Who do you want to lie to? Your eyes have told me everything, Byul.” He pulled her body into his arms. Tight!

 

“I love you Krystal. I admit, maybe I was once confused with my feeling. But after all this things happened, I know that I just love you. I am not willing to lose you.” His hug was tightened again hoping that his lover believe in his love.

 

“I don’t know whether I can you or not, Byul.”

 

“Look at me, babe.” He held both her shoulders.

“Just one year, babe. After that I will be yours forever. There is nothing can restrain our love. I promised you!”

 

She looked into his black eyes. Can she Byul? If the opposite happen, how it will be? There was no point in waiting for him. But in the end, she nodded her head in agree. Lost to his love. Maybe in the beginning, she only saw the pleasure that he could give her later. But that feeling was gradually disappearing replaced by a sense of love. She really love Byul and unwilling to let that man belong to other woman.

 

“Thank you, babe.” Byul smiled in relief.  

 

“Don’t you worry. Our relationship will be as usual even after I get married to Yongsun.” He added. He didn’t even think about his future wife’s might felt at all.

 

“That means I am like your mistress. Is it like that?” Krystal asked. Disappointed.  

 

Byul shocked. “What are you talking about? Never equate yourself with a mistress. You are not a mistress!”

 

Krystal sighed. “What about Yongsun?”

 

“You don’t need to worry about her. I will tell her later.” Byul said as he didn’t want to prolong the conversation, let alone when Yongsun involved in it.  That line of name alone was enough to dispel his hatred.

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

The car keys was placed inside the large bowl on a shelf near the TV. His grandpa who was in the living room was not even glanced by him.

 

“Byulyi, let’s have breakfast together.” Mrs Moon said as she saw her son just got home from jogging at the lake.

 

“Later, mom. I go upstairs first.” He quickly walked toward the staircase.

 

“Byul!” The voice was heard as soon as his feet stepped on the stairs. He was silent. His anger was still mounting and showed no signs of reducing in the short time.

 

“Tomorrow night invites Yongsun to have dinner here. I want yourself to pick her up at her house.” Grandpa Moon said while his eyes still sticking at the newspaper.

 

Lazy to argue with his grandpa, he just snorted and disappeared to upstairs. He laid on the bed.

He shut his closed, but those who came in his minds were Krystal and Yongsun’s face. Added the mess in his head. Suddenly, his IPhone in his sweatpants pocket rang.

 

”Hello.” He picked up lazily.

 

“Hyung… What is going on with you? Sound like a problem.” Hyejin said at the end of the line. Almost one month he saw Byul and Yongsun behaved strangely. One to the north, one to the south, they were not as closed as usual. He also asked to Wheein, but she also didn’t know what was happened. But what surprised them was the rumour that started to blow.  

 

“Nothing. I just got home from jogging. Tired.” He lied.

 

“I have something to ask you, hyung. Is it true what I heard that you and Yongsun noona…”

 

“What wrong with Yongsun and I?” he cut Hyejin words. His heart beat fast.

 

“Got engaged?”

 

He snorted. His heart ached at the word ‘engaged’. That means their engagement news had already spread across the campus.

 

“Did Wheein not say anything?” He asked. Wheein and Yongsun were best friend, who kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter