Chapter 16

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you want some more, Yongsun-ah? You ate a bit only.." Mrs Kim asked and she quickly got up from her seat to get more rice but was quickly stopped by Yongsun. 

 

"It is enough, omma. I already ate with Eric this afternoon. I swore that I ate a lot." She ate too much and felt the food went up to the throat. Didn't know what ghost had possessed her that everything looked good in her eyes. 

 

Mrs Kim shook her head as she sat back on her seat. "I want to remind that tomorrow omma and appa will fly to Japan."

 

Yongsun make a long face. "Yes, omma. My ears are going to melt. You had told me almost hundred times already. You are so afraid of people wanted to mess your honeymoon." Yongsun bragged and her mother chuckled. 

 

"I am not afraid. Just worried that my children will die because of not eating when omma and appa not around." Both of her children were least to be expected. The youngest one, Yongjun after coming back from his classes, will sleep in his room until tomorrow morning. The daughter in front of her too. Was a kind of coming back from work but don't know how to find food by herself. Needed to be invites like a princess and later will come downstairs to eat. Of course she was worried. 

 

"We can survived, omma. If you are that worried then you can restock ramen in the kitchen." Yongsun gave her a clever suggestion. 

 

"What are you talking about? Do you want to eat ramen every day? Don't you get sick of it? I already bought all the ingredients this morning. You just need to cook only, Yongsun-ah." 

 

"Who said that I want to cook?" Yongsun quickly replied. When she saw her mother started to frown, she laughed. She really loved to mother. Thanks God their family relationship was getting better every day. After all, she had no other place to rely on and to love other than her parents and her brother. Let all the bitterness of the past be forgotten, she also wanted to be happy. 

 

Mrs Kim got up after stacked the dirty dishes on the table. 

 

"Learn to cook diligently, Yongsun-ah. Later when you get married, it would be easy for you." Mrs Kim said unconsciously. 

 

Yongsun jolted. Her hand stiffly held the chopstick. Realising her mistake,Mrs Kim placed the dishes back on the table. She touched Yongsun's shoulder gently. 

 

"I am sorry, Yongsun. I didn't mean to..." Yongsun shook her head. 

 

"It's okay, omma. What you say is true. I am married but I had no husband. I was the one who act like I am single woman. It's funny, right?" She looked at her mom with grinned. 

 

Mrs Kim's heart sank. She knew that smile didn't show her true feeling. Why was her daughter being tested so much? 

 

Yongsun got up with her dirty dishes and walked to the kitchen. 

 

"Omma... I forget to tell you. I will not be home tomorrow too. I have to go to Bucheon for 3 days. There is some work that I need to attend. Can you tell Yongjun. I afraid that he will wait for me later." Yongsun told as she remember need to be there. 

 

 

"Really? Alright I will tell Yongjun later. You can go upstairs first. I can settle the dishes here." 

 

"Thanks omma." She kissed her mom's cheeks before went to her room. 

 

She pulled the hair band on her wrist and tied her blonde hair. She opened her wardrobe and was standing there silently for several minutes to choose the clothes she wanted to bring. She turned to her bed when her phone rang. 

 

"Hello, Wheein-ah!" Yongsun greeted. She pulled her vanity's table chair before sat on it. 

 

"Hello, unnie? What are you doing?" 

 

"You call me just want to ask what am I doing? It's like you cant use Kakaotalk." Wheein's laughter was heard. 

 

"I missed you, unnie. You know that I don't have any friend other than you, right?" Wheein whined. If she was not spoiled, it was not a Wheein. 

 

"So sad.. Am I only your friend? So pity. Hahaha. Where is Hyejin? Straight to the point, Wheein-ahh. What gossip do yo want to tell me?" She cut Wheein. She knew Wheein very well. If she had call, it mean there was something important to tell. 

 

"Vromance's Janghyun getting married!" Yongsun rolled her eyes. Wheein and her Vromance were never been separated. 

 

"Oh my god, Wheein-ah... It been months already since the new came out. Did you just find out?!" 

 

"I am kidding. I was the first one to know, because he called to tell me first." 

 

"You... And your delusional. Never ending story!" The shorter girl's laugher was heard again. 

 

"Alright... Alright... I have more important things than that. But I am afraid you don't want to hear it." 

 

"What? Did Janghyun broke up with his fiance?" Yongsun tried to make a stupid joke. 

 

"Byul oppa was back!"

 

Yongsun jolted. Her whole body seemed to be electrocuted when she heard that name. Her hands cold and her breath stuck.   

 

"When?" 

 

"I don't know. That is what Hyejin told me." Wheein also was still in shocked. For years he disappeared. There was no wind and storm but suddenly he was back. Apparently all this time, the hospital that Hyejin worked also most of the share belonged to Byul. 

 

"Up to him, Wheein-ah. After all, his families were here. Wouldn't he don't want to come back here forever, right?" 

 

"Okay, you have your point, unnie. I just wanted to tell you that." 

 

"Alright, I want to pack my things, Wheein-ah. Talk to you later." 

 

"Okay, unnie. Good night, sleep tight. Don't think so much!" She was worried if Yongsun's mind was disturbed by the news earlier. She knew, it will affected her by time. After all, between Yongsun and Byul, there was still a relationship that had not been completely cut. 

 

"Good night, Wheein-ah." Yongsun said before she hung up. She thought for a long time before patted her laps hard. She stood up. 

 

"No need to think, Yongsun. He is nothing!" She said before walked to the wardrobe, several pieces clothes were pulled out and placed in the luggage. 

 

Her spit felt like sand. She looked up with wet eyes. "He is something, Yongsun... And you know that." 

 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

Byul walked as soon as the elevator's door was opened. His Iphone in the pocket rang and he stopped near the wall to answer it. 

 

"Hello.." 

 

"How the meeting, hyung?" 

 

"Good. Later or tomorrow, I will email all the meeting detail to you. Later you see which one is better for our project." Byul replied to Hyejin at the end of the line. 

 

"Alright. What are you doing, hyung?" 

 

"I just want to go out for a dinner. I want to entertain Mr Smith a bit, he does not always come here, right?"

 

"It's great,hyung. One more thing before I forget, Mr Seo had called this morning and he wants to meet us next week to discuss about his heart surgery." 

 

Byul nodded. "Later you tell Joo Won to arrange everything." 

 

"Alright. I have something to manage after this. Have fun, hyung. Bye." Hyejin said before hung up the call. 

 

Byul placed his phone back into his pocket. He raised his hand as he saw his staff, Im Siwan and Mr Smith sitting at the hotel lobby at Bucheon.  

 

"Do you have a good rest, Mr Smith? Byul asked as he stood beside him. 

 

"Yeah, absolutely." Mr Smith tapped Byul's shoulder. 

 

"Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter