Chapter 20

Are we still best friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun just had finished her night shift at the hospital. She massaged her neck while walking out from the AMC. She did not bring her car last 2 days because it suddenly broke down at home when she wanted to go work and at the end she took the bus to the hospital. 

 

Byul who came early to hospital this morning even on his day off because he wanted to pick his yesterday forgotten-document at his office. After picked it up, when he came out from the lobby he saw Yongsun with her bag walked toward the hospital entrance. 

 

"Where is she going? Didn't she have a car?" Byul mumbled. He followed the woman at her back like a stalker. 

 

Yongsun who was in her half-sleep stated walked on the sidewalk to cross the road. She was very tired after working her on-call duty, had several surgeries on her 48-hours nonstop shift. She didn't realise the traffic light had changed it colour. 

 

Without hesitate, she crossed the road without looking. Byul who followed her at the back quickly run and pulled her when he saw a running bike coming toward her direction from far. Both fall on the sidewalk.

 

"Yahh!! Are you blind?!!" A man on the bike stopped and shouted to them before drove away. 

 

Yongsun froze in Byul's arms. She looked up to see his face. "Byul-ah." She called in shock. Byul let her go and sat on the sidewalk while held his arm. 

 

"Byul-ah. Are you okay?" She asked in worried when saw Byul frowned. He shook his head. 

 

She took Byul to the convenient store nearby after got away from shocked. He sat on the chair outside the store while Yongsun went inside. A few minutes later, she came out with an icepack in her hand. She sat beside her husband. 

 

"Give me your hand." She said before pulled his hand and place it on her laps. His shirt sleeve buttons were opened. 

 

"No need. It just a bit." Byul declined. 

 

Yongsun groaned. Slowly she pulled and folded it upwards. Clearly some cuts and visible bruise on his arm. She suddenly felt guilty. 

 

"Even like this you still said it does not hurt?!" She said before pressed the icepack on the bruise. Byul whined. Yongsul rolled her eyes while put icepack pack gently. Both were in silence. 

 

Byul's eyes were fixed on her face that clearly showed worried. There was a feeling tickled in his chest. Her soft hands that touched his arm gave a tingling sensation in his heart. 

 

"So beautiful..." 

 

"Huh?" Yongsun looked up to see his face. Did not hear what he was saying. 

 

Byul quickly looked away to the front. How his mouth could blurted it? 

 

"No. Nothing.. I think it’s enough already." He pulled his arm back. 

 

Yongsun sighed. She held the icepack while looked at the vehicles that busy passed on the road. She went inside the store again and came out with two sticks ice-cream. 

 

"Here... Your painkiller." She handed one to him. Byul looked at her. 

 

"What the heck with the ice-cream in the morning?" Youngsun pouted. 

 

"Never mind if you don't want. Just give me back! I can eat both." 

 

Byul quickly snatched the ice-cream away from Yongsun with his other hand. They quietly enjoyed the ice-cream. 

 

Yongsun turned to Byul on her side. Seen that Byul was enjoyed his ice-cream with did not lose a smile from his lips. She frowned. Didn't know what that man was thinking where his smile was still not faded. 

 

Suddenly her naughty idea came. She tapped hard his hand who was eating the ice-cream. A moment later, she burst out laughing at his ice-cream-covered nose. 

 

Byul startled. He bit his lips as he turned to Yongsun with rage. But when saw Yongsun laughing happily, immediately his anger disappeared. The laughter make him missed their past memories. Her beautiful face was shined by the morning sun brought the vibrations into his chest. 

 

"Sorry..." Yongsun wiped his nosed with the tissue from her bag. Her laughter was still there. Byul ended up laughing too. Their laughter joined together for a while before slowly stopped. 

 

"Byul-ah. Thank you for saving me earlier." 

 

Byul cleared his throat. "No problem." 

 

"But what are you doing her? Are not today is your day-off?" 

 

Byul panicked. "I'm just had my breakfast at the cafe nearby." He quickly lied before his followed-Yongsun-planned revealed. 

 

Yongsun nodded. 

 

"What are you doing here, Yong? Where are you going?" 

 

"I want to take the bus to go home. My car broke down yesterday." 

 

"Have you eaten yet?" 

 

"Not yet. I want to go home. I'm very tired." 

 

"Alright. Let me send you home. Wait here. I will get my car now. Don't go away." 

 

"It’s okay, Byul-ah. I can take the bus. I don't want to..." Her words stopped when Byul already got up and walked away. 

 

Byul quickly run to his car at the hospital parking lot as he didn't want Yongsun waited long. As he got in the car, he mumbled. "What the heck am I doing? Why did I run to here?" He scratched his head. 

 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

 

"Thanks for send me home." Yongsun said as soon as the jeep stopped in front of her house. 

 

"Welcome." Byul nodded. 

 

She took her bag from the back seat, pushed the door opened and came out. Yongsun pushed her house gate. 

 

"Yong..." 

 

She turned to Byul. "Yes?"

 

Byul stared her for a moment before shaking his head. "Nothing."  

 

Yongsun nodded in confused. "I get in first. Don't forget to put icepack on your arm later and... Thanks again. Bye." Yongsun smiled before walked away. 

 

He looked at her back until she got into the house.  "Bye, Yong..." He mumbled before drove away from her house. There was a smile engraved on his lips. 

 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

 

 

Yongsun closed her eyes enjoyed the night breeze. She laid on the gazebo outside the house while humming slowly. Her gaze was directed to the night sky. Suddenly the empty space beside her felt occupied by someone. She opened her eyes. Mrs Kim appeared with a cup of hot tea. 

 

"Here." She got up from her lying. 

 

"Thanks, omma." The cup changed within the hands. 

 

"Slowly. It's hot." Yongsun blew it before took a sip. 

 

"What did you think in the middle if the night, Yongsun?" Mrs Kim asked. She noticed from earlier from the sliding door that her daughter was sitting outside after their dinner. She was in a deep thought. 

 

"Nothing. I just need some air to release the stress." Yongsun placed her head to Mrs Kim's shoulder. 

 

Mrs Kim pulled her hand and gripped it softly. 

 

"Other people if they get stress, they would like to go on vacation or doing shopping. But you... just sit at home." 

 

"I don't have time to go on vacation, omma. With patients and my works too. There is a new project, even if I want to eat also I keep thinking about works." She complained to her mother. Her sleeping time also became chaos for these weeks as to complete their project reports. Her eyes were about to popped out. That's why she had fall asleep in the meeting this morning. 

 

She didn't know what was Byul's problem with her this week. Including this time, her reports had been rejected by Byul three times alr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter