Eight

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon couldn’t believe what was going on when she walked into the palace gates. Tzuyu stayed close by her side as they walked in. The older frowned as they walked through, seeing many suitors packing their things and leaving. 

“What’s going on?” Nayeon frowned when she saw a guard. 

“Princess Sana narrowed her decision down to five suitors. The people here weren’t chosen.” He explained. Nayeon nodded, aware that she was having an arranged wedding, but didn’t know she had a little bit of choice. When she walked in, she saw Jihyo holding Chaeyoung’s hand. 

“Looks like someone found love too.” Nayeon joked when she got closer. Jihyo immediately let go of the younger’s hand before turning around, and letting out a small sigh. 

“It’s only you.” She breathed. 

“Yeah, only me.” Nayeon chuckled. “So… Wanna talk about it?” She smirked, glancing at Chaeyoung. 

“No.” She muttered. “It’s better to wait until after Sana’s chosen who she’s going to marry and once everything is finalized and done.” Jihyo whispered. “It hasn’t been great here lately.” She frowned. “You’re so lucky to have gotten married when you did.” 

Nayeon listened to Jihyo as she explained everything that had happened. She was shocked that Sana had taken the brunt of everything just so everyone else would be happy. 

“I should talk with her..” Nayeon frowned, looking back to Tzuyu. “You’ll be okay without me for a bit?” She asked while holding her hand. 

“Of course. I can catch up with Chaeng.” Tzuyu smiled, looking at her old friend. Nayeon looked back at the guard, only to see a small smile on her face when she did. “Be careful… Don’t get yourself too stressed.” She whispered before letting her go. 

Nayeon walked down the halls, remembering everything and where every single room was. She recalled the days when her and Sana would run up and down the halls, giggling and playing with their mother before she had gotten pregnant with Jihyo. She remembers Sana stopping to help her up after falling on a loose carpet, wiping her tears and dragging her into one of the many bathrooms to clean her skinned knee. 

She found the younger in her study, seeing her writing something on a paper. She walked in, peeking at her near perfect handwriting. 

“What are you working on?” Nayeon asked quietly. Sana turned her head, seeing her older sister made her practically jump for joy. She put the ink pen down, standing up to engulf her sister in a tight embrace. 

“I’ve missed you.” Sana whispered. 

“I’ve missed you too.” Nayeon chuckled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter