Five

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina let out a small sigh as she looked over the gardens. She hated being so upset, but all she wanted was to marry Dahyun. She had dreamed of that day for a full year, thinking she could have her happy life, but no… She was going to be forced into some loveless marriage with some royal that came second to Sana. 

“Are you still dwelling on it?” Dahyun asked her, peeking into the study. 

“I can’t help it.” Mina sighed, stepping away from the window and over towards her. “The king denied my request… And said that I needed to marry a royal..” She frowned. “I don’t want someone else… I want you.” She whispered, taking Dahyun’s hands in hers. 

“I know… I spoke with the king about that…” The younger whispered. Mina’s eyes widened, shocked that Dahyun would even bring something up like that. “He said… We could get married on the condition you stepped down… Became a commoner like me… But if you don’t want that, then you would have to marry a royal…” 

Mina let out another sigh, the thought of even marrying someone other than Dahyun hurt her. It felt wrong, everything about it screamed for her to give up and become a commoner once and for all. 

“I know this is all you know… So I would never ask you to do such a thing.” Dahyun immediately stated. 

“I would rather be a commoner, and love you.. Rather than be placed in some loveless marriage without you.” Mina immediately said quietly. Dahyun looked up at her, concern laced throughout her entire body. She had heard her correctly, Mina would give up everything royal just to be with her… “I have no real ties to the royal family… I was one the of the orphans during the war. Tzuyu’s family took me in and raised me as their own. I was old enough to know I wasn’t born of royal blood.” She sighed. “I was shocked to see them treat me as such and give me an estate to rule over. But, I would give it all up in a heartbeat to be by your side.” She whispered, holding both of her hands in hers. 

Dahyun felt uneasy, she loved Mina, but the fact that she would give up everything just to be with her. It made her both scared and extremely happy. She didn’t know why Mina, one of the Duchesses would even think of being with her… 

“I.. I don’t want you to make any rash decisions… Are you sure you would give everyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter