Twenty

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything seemed to be moving too fast for everyone. After Dahyun’s funeral, everyone seemed to be on edge and it was not a pleasant feeling. Mina had spiraled into a deep depression, staying in her study rather than seeing the world.

It had made sense. She loved Dahyun with all of her heart, and wanted to grow old with her. Maybe even adopt a child or two just to have a family of their own. Everything just seemed perfect in her head.

Rumors had spread like wildfire of the young duchess. Some said that she had died along with her wife, but no one was speaking of it and pretending as if everything was normal. Others stated that the duchess didn’t care for her wife and had to pretend as if she cared.

It fueled Mina’s rage as she listened to their rants and rumors. She had been kind to her people from the start. Making sure they had enough to live with and when she had gotten married, Dahyun even cared about the people. Wanting them to have better lives for themselves. But the people didn’t see that. They saw an angry, bitter widow who refused to see the light of day because she was grieving.

“Your grace… You have visitors.” Her guard informed, looking at the woman sitting over her desk and continuously writing. “Duchess Mina.”

“I don’t want visitors.” Mina muttered.

“These visitors are rather important..” He continued. “Duchesses Tzuyu and Nayeon with the young duke himself.”

“They shouldn’t be here.” Mina muttered while standing up from her desk. She passed the guard, walking down to the parlor to see her friends. “You shouldn’t be here.” Mina muttered.

“Wow, what a way to greet us.” Nayeon frowned.

“We came to check on you.” Tzuyu gave her a worried look, stepping closer to the older girl. “You’re my sister… I want to make sure you’re okay.” She frowned.

“We aren’t related in the slightest Tzuyu. You and I both know that.” Mina glared. “Your parents adopted me because they couldn’t have another child.” She frowned. “Mine were dead and they pitied me.” She muttered. “My palace isn’t a safe space. You shouldn’t have come.” She said before turning on her heel and leaving them.

“Mina, I get you’re grieving but you don’t need to be so cold hearted about this.” Tzuyu started. “You’re my family and I care about you.” She frowned. Mina stopped in her tracks, frowning at the whole idea of having someone care about her.

“You don’t.” She muttered before walking away from the litt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter