Thirty - End

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon thought she would never see the day. Aisha was almost a full grown adult, looking more like Sana everyday. How she presented herself and how she acted reminded her of her. Everything about her just screamed Sana most days.

“And then you turn.” Jeongyeon’s voice was soft as she led Aisha through another ballroom dance. She remembers Sana teaching her in the woods all those years ago.

“Just turn like this.” Sana chuckled. “It isn’t that hard.” She giggled.

“For someone like you who has an instructor and lessons everyday? Maybe. For someone who hasn’t had anything in their life? It’s hard!” Jeongyeon complained.

She recalled the way how Sana’s eyes lit up with happiness as she laughed at the older’s issues with the dance. Neither of them knew that they would dance the same dances together in the palace as a married couple.

She never thought she would be teaching her daughter how to dance for her own wedding day. Marrying someone she chose for love, in another kingdom. Strengthening their unity with the Western kingdom once and for all.

The assumed dead king had been the one behind it all. Having his men kill everyone while his sons only cared about just making peace. As much as they were about their own military, they didn’t like the idea of going in and killing anyone and everyone. They wanted reasons for their attacks, and a long ago generational feud was outdated.

Aisha had fallen head over heels helplessly in love with their new king’s daughter. She had met her once and had just fallen quickly. Jeongyeon couldn’t help but tear up at the sight of her daughter, seeing Sana in her lovestruck eyes almost immediately. The way how Aisha had just lit up at the sound of her name, constantly fussing over her looks when they would meet again, just… Everything about her screamed Sana to her.

“She’s grown to be a beautiful young woman.” Jihyo smiled at Jeongyeon.

“I know… It seems like just yesterday… She was this little infant in my arms..” Jeongyeon whispered, recalling the time where she didn’t even want to get attached to her when she thought at any moment she could die in a battle. “How are your kids?” She asked quietly.

“The boys are great.” Jihyo chuckled. “Minho and Felix have fun with Chaeyoung outside while Yeji just wants to hang around me all the time.” She sighed, a small smile on her face.

“Speaking of the little girl, where is she?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Probably got dragged into one of her older brother’s games outside.” Jihyo shook her head, hoping they weren’t too rough outside with each other.

Everything seemed to have worked out for them. Tzuyu had remarried to a wonder woman named Elkie. She had helped Tzuyu through everything and helped parent Chan when he was ten. After a few years, they had approached Jeongyeon about the idea of marriage, to which she happily allowed. Within another year, they had another child, Minju. She was the most adorable little girl and ready to take on the world when she was excited.

“It’s scary how fast they grow up..” Jeongyeon sighed. “I wish I could’ve given Aisha siblings.” She frowned. Jihyo placed a hand on her arm, giving her a sympathetic look. “She would’ve loved them…”

“She has so many younger cousins. So many that she considers siblings.” Jihyo explained. “And a mother that loves her to no end.” She added. “That’s all she could ever ask for. Besides the obvious.” She sighed, looking away from the older.

Jeongyeon watched her daughter sit in the gardens, her little flock of peacocks surrounding her. From the two that Mina had given her, they had chicks. A good few that she helped raise. They lived in the gardens of the palace, except one. One was born fully white, and completely thrown out of the nest. So Aisha deemed it a house peacock. She took the little bird everywhere with her, even when it had gotten too big for her to hold, she kept the bird on her shoulder.

“Do you think Moonlight will find a mate?” Aisha frowned at her mother, obvio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter