Twenty-Three

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu had spent the day with Chan, taking him into the town and keeping their minds somewhat busy while Nayeon checked in with her sisters.

Jihyo was happy to see Nayeon again, engulfing her in a tight embrace the second she had seen her. Sana did the same, smiling at just seeing her again.

“Tzuyu’s been so worried about Mina. She’s been pushing her away.” Nayeon sighed while holding her teacup. Sana looked over at her, giving her a worried look. “It’s gotten worse now that her domain has been raided.” She frowned.

“I can’t even begin to imagine what she’s going through…” Jihyo frowned. “Mina is close to us like a sister, but… Again… It wasn’t one of you..” She added, looking down at the little table.

“She’ll come around.” Sana muttered. “She’s a strong woman and knows her limits. She wouldn’t push her away for long.” She took a small sip of her tea, staying quiet as she waited for someone else to talk again.

The rest of their visit was spent chatting about different things about their kids, Jihyo wishing she could already be at that step of her life, but both her and Chaeyoung had agreed to wait a little later.

The two younger sisters had left, leaving Nayeon alone until Tzuyu came back from her adventures with their son. It brought a smile to her face just thinking about how Tzuyu was handling Chan. Making him laugh and taking him to see the animals.

“She’s smiling.”

“At least she’ll have one last happy thought before she dies.”

 

--

 

Tzuyu smiled while carrying a still giggling Chan in her arms. He held onto his new plushie tightly, his little hands clutching onto it as if it were to disappear if he were to let go of it. The young girl made her way back to the palace, frowning when she saw the guard blocking the entry way from the public. As soon as the guard saw her, he helped usher her inside, taking her to safety before anything else.

“What is going on?” Tzuyu frowned at the captain. “Where is Nayeon? Is she safe?” She fired off multiple questions, only for him to hold up a hand, and shake his head.

“You might want to sit back down… And put Chan down.” He whispered.

Tzuyu set the toddler on the floor, watching him stand next to her before looking back up at the captain of her guard.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter