Twelve

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My choice at first was a hard decision to make.” Sana started. “But after some time… With each suitor… I’ve chosen Yoo Jeongyeon.” She stated calmly. She wanted to smile, and run into her arms, but she couldn’t. Not with the cameras. Not with the thousands of eyes watching her. 

The audience gasped, most applauded her choice. Everyone seemed… Happy at her choice. 

Later on when everything had calmed down, Jeongyeon was escorted to the king’s study. She was nervous, the last time she had spoken to him, he was everything nice. But now that she was chosen… Who knows how he would react. 

“Your majesty.” Jeongyeon immediately bowed, slightly shaking at the thought of him being in front of her. 

“No need for formalities.” The king chuckled. “Well, in public yes. But around here, you’re my future daughter-in-law.” He smiled. Jeongyeon lifted her head up, seeing the king in front of her, and Sana behind him. “Sana told me… Everything.” He sighed. 

“Everything?” Jeongyeon gulped. 

“Everything..” Sana sighed. “He needed to know…” She whispered. “He’s not angry. Honestly, he’s happy I found someone who was willing to fight for me.” She chuckled while walking over to her. “He just wants to brief you on everything you need to know.” She smiled. 

“What?” Jeongyeon was confused. What did she need to know. “What information do I need?” She asked. 

“Well, seeing as you're a commoner, the ins and outs of the palace, who to trust, who to talk to when it comes time for many occasions. Of course you’ll need to learn the ancient skill we pass down to royal children… Etiquette… Many, many other things that you’ll learn before your wedding day.” He listed off. “But as of right now, the territories.” He said while walking over to a table with a giant map on it. “Sana.” He smiled while gesturing to the map. 

Jeongyeon felt Sana grab her hand, and tugged her towards the table. She was lightly pushed into a seat and watched as Sana stood next to her. 

“The Northern Kingdom.” Sana pointed to a blue patch on the map. “One we do most of our trades with. We send crops, while they send a lot of furs and jewelry.” She smiled. “The Eastern Kingdom.” She pointed to a large yellow patch on the map. “They bring us fish, crops we don’t have and things from the ocean while we trade them crops, and whatever we don’t need from the Northern Kingdom.” She explained. “Mainland is us, while the Western Kingdom… We watch carefully and do not associate ourselves with often.” She frow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter