Twenty-Eight

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six raids. Six days straight. Back to back bombings, everything was chaos. Sana had lost more in the kingdom in a matter of a month than her father ever had during his reign. She had almost lost Tzuyu and Chaeyoung from her life, but they were both able to recover and handle themselves.

Every single royal was trained. Trained with the military in case of an invasion where they needed to help. Everyone was trained against better judgement. Everyone knew the reasoning as to why. They needed protection. Protection against the neighboring kingdom that had hated them since the start of their own kingdom.

“Sore?” Chaeyoung chuckled while watching her wife and sister-in-law rub their shoulders.

“Very.” Jihyo sighed, walking over to sit on her lap. “It’s not fair that you’re laughing. We’re just now getting into this… You’ve been in shape for years.”

“And I’m proud of these guns.” Chaeyoung chuckled while showing off her biceps before wincing at the pain from her new still healing wounds.

“Please take it easy.” Jihyo frowned, hurrying off of her wife’s lap and helping her relax.

“I’m okay, I promise.” Chaeyoung chuckled. “Just gotta stop flexing that hard.” She smirked. Jihyo rolled her eyes, shaking her head at the humor.

“You’re ridiculous.” Jihyo sighed.

 

--

 

Mina stayed silent as she watched the kingdom from her study. She had done all of the training lessons required, and more. She looked over at her collection of swords, debating on using them rather than the guns she was trained with. No one would suspect a duchess wielding a sword, but then again, they would kill her faster than she could kill them. Unless she had stealth on her side.

But life wasn’t one of her video games.

“Your grace.. Visitors.” A guard spoke quietly, looking at her with curious eyes.

“Send them in.” Mina muttered, refusing to glance in his direction. She heard footsteps, then the door opening, then another pair of footsteps walking in.

“It’s all working perfectly.” A deep voice stated calmly.

“It’ll be done by the end of the month. I need time to plan it perfectly.” Mina explained.

“You have until midnight on the last day.” The voice spoke.

“It will be done. We want to make sure nothing like this happens again.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter