Seven

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana stood in the throne room the next morning, seeing everyone hurrying for preparations. Her father had accepted her proposal, allowing Mina to marry who she chose, and to her hesitation, she again brought up Dahyun. The king had finally approved, allowing her to marry the commoner, bringing her status to Duchess with Mina. 

Dahyun was excited when she heard the news, but when she learned that Sana had ultimately given up her life for theirs, she couldn’t help but feel guilty. Mina assured her that everything would eventually be fine, that when she ascended to queen, that she would force her husband out and marry who she so pleased. 

“There has been one change to this. Duchess Mina will no longer be courted. She has accepted a hand in marriage and will no longer need suitors. Those who are here for only her, may leave immediately. Those who wish to court my daughter will be given a room to stay in.” The king explained. 

Sana saw the cameras, all of them watching her as the king spoke. She kept a neutral face, her eyes scanning over the men that were leaving and others that stayed. Until she saw a few girls staring at her. Jeongyeon being one of them. She wanted to smile and say that she picked her suitor, but of course, it was never her decision. She was to pick two, and the king chose for her. If she were already queen… It would be different. 

And with that, everything began. Sana being pulled in almost every direction. Some tried to woo her with their language skills, others with their politician knowledge. Others were just flat out boring. 

As she made her way through, she felt a hand on her arm. She turned her head to see another princess holding her arm. 

“I understand you’re looking for suitors, but wouldn’t you much rather spend your days with me?” The woman smirked. “Someone who can actually please you, and take care of you?” She added. “All of these men are only here for the kingdom. To ruin it for you.” She scoffed quietly. 

“I’m only doing this because I made a promise.” Sana sighed. 

“Promise to your father?” She asked. 

“On the condition someone else got to marry who they pleased.” She admitted. The other princess nodded her head, giving her a worried look. “I’m sorry… I didn’t catch your name.” She muttered. 

“Princess Eunha.” The woman curtsi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter