Three

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo sat in her study, her eyes focused on the documents in front of her. She was hyper focused on the documents, wanting to please her father with her contract and negotiating skills. All she wanted was to at least show him that she had some kind of knowledge instead of just being the youngest princess that no one expected much of. 

“Someone is incredibly focused.” Jihyo looked up, smiling at the voice. “Maybe you can use a break.” Chaeyoung whispered, placing a hand on her shoulder. 

“I can’t just take a break. I want to finish this.” She frowned while looking down at the pile of papers in front of her. 

“You can take a break. It’s nearly eleven.” Chaeyoung frowned. Jihyo let out a small sigh, shaking her head. She felt Chaeyoung’s hands start to gently massage the tension out of her shoulders, relaxing slightly. 

“Maybe I should sleep…” Jihyo finally admitted. Chaeyoung smiled, glad that she was able to convince her to get some kind of rest. “Will you stay?” She whispered, looking up at her girlfriend. 

It wasn’t something they had never done. Chaeyoung had spent the night multiple times throughout the relationship. Nothing ever scandalous, just Jihyo wanting someone to comfort her while she slept in case of another nightmare. She was outright terrified of the world and had every right to be… 

“I’ll stay.” Chaeyoung whispered. 

--

Over the course of the next few days, Jihyo had properly created multiple documents, all breaking down negotiations and trade deals with the other countries they had ties with. Her father was impressed, happy that his daughter had found her skill. 

“I am proud of you Jihyo. I know your mother would be too.” He spoke quietly as they walked down the hall. 

“Do you miss her?” Jihyo asked, a small look of worry on her face. She looked up at the man next to her, the one who raised her as a small child when everything had gone to hell. 

“Everyday…” He answered with a sigh. His eyes closed briefly, recalling the memories of his late wife. “I feel awful that you were robbed of her.. That your sisters were able to grow with fond memories of her… While you had little to none.” He looked down, placing a hand on her shoulder. “I hope you can forgive me for your life.” He whispered. 

“I could never be angry with you… It wasn’t your fault.” Jihyo gave him a sympathetic smile, knowing that he had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter