Ten

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon watched as Sana rolled her eyes at yet another failed attempt to woo her. She couldn’t help but let out a small laugh when Sana had up and left the duke. The princess had walked out of the parlor, away from everyone. Whatever he had done, really left a mark on her. Jeongyeon escaped the giant room, following the princess out quietly. 

She found her not too long after, pacing in a smaller room. 

“Are you okay?” Jeongyeon asked quietly, shutting the door behind her. 

“No.” She sniffed. “He was so rude and completely out of line.” She muttered. Jeongyeon didn’t say anything, she just walked over to her, and wrapped her arms around the younger. Sana clutched onto her shirt, crying into her chest. “He said that my mother died because she wasn’t born of royal blood.” She sniffed. “Saying how it was god’s wrath against her.” She mumbled. 

“Your mother did not die because she wasn’t royal blood.” Jeongyeon frowned, rubbing the younger’s back. “He must be sent home.” She whispered. 

“I plan on it. My father would never stand for that.” She sniffed. “Thank you.” She whispered. 

“No problem. I’m always here to help you. No matter what.” Jeongyeon whispered, reassuring Sana. “Look.. I’ve been meaning to talk to you about all of this.” She frowned. Sana looked up at her, frowning when she saw the serious expression on her face. “You.. Have to marry someone from the kingdom your father made the deal with. So me being here… Really doesn’t matter does it?” She asked. “You’ll have to choose one of them, and then I’ll go back to my old life.” 

“I really don't want you to go..” Sana whispered, wrapping her arms around the older’s waist. “Please don’t leave me here… Just the thought of you in the palace puts me at ease.” She whispered. 

“You don’t need me here… You just want to keep me here as a good thing in your life.” She frowned. “And honestly, as much as I want to marry you, I know it can’t happen.” She sighed. “I’m going to withdraw myself. That’ll leave you with two other people, and that way it’ll make your decision easier.” She explained.

After a few hours of consoling Sana, she had locked herself in her room, hiding everyone away. Jeongyeon let out a small sigh and found herself in the throne room with the king himself. 

“What is so important that a suitor needed me?” He asked. 

“I’m withdrawing myself. Your… Daughter deserves someone better than me.” Jeongyeon told a half truth. She knew Sana deserved better, but she knew of the deal that was done. “I’m not royal… And I know she’ll choose someone else other than me by the end of the week. So what’s the point of staying?” She chuckled slightly, feeling a large pain in her heart. 
The king looked down at the girl, knowing how upset she was. He could see it hidden behind the fake smile, and brave face she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter