Two

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina sat with her back against the wall, watching as Tzuyu got ready. It was the day of their wedding and everything seemed chaotic. 

“I’m a little nervous.” Tzuyu whispered. 

“Don’t be.” Mina smiled. “Nayeon loves you.” She stood from her chair, walking over to help her friend with her dress. She helped her zip up the back, watching as the younger girl smoothed out the front. “I’m so happy for you.” She whispered. 

“Thank you… Aren’t you going to get married soon too?” Tzuyu asked her. 

“It hasn’t been approved by the King yet..” Mina frowned. “I don’t think it will since… Dahyun is a commoner.. But, I’ll still date her, and keep her in the mansion.” She let out a small sigh, knowing how hard it was to get married. 

“I’m sure he’ll approve of it. Dahyun has been a friend to us for years.” Tzuyu reassured her. “Just because she’s a commoner, doesn’t mean he’ll reject it.” She turned to face her friend, pulling her into a sudden embrace. “Thank you for being there for me… I mean it. After everything all of us went through… You were the only one to keep checking on me.” She whispered. 

“That’s what friends are for Tzu…” Mina whispered, holding her tighter. “After everything your family did for mine… It felt right to be helpful.” She added. 

--

Mina looked around at the crowds. A princess marrying a duchess was something for the books. To have her stepping down was another. It shocked everyone that Nayeon was stepping down to become a duchess herself rather than Tzuyu moving up in rank. But everything just seemed right for them. 

During the reception, she wandered out to the gardens, seeing the many royals from all over plaguing the area. Mina was a duchess herself, but hated having to go through all of the formalities. She snuck away, hiding herself from the party. 

“Boo.” Mina looked up, seeing the few people she had wanted to see. 

“You guys sure know me well.” Mina chuckled while going through the little opening in the hedges. 

“The only other royal we like to see is Hyo.” Chaeyoung chuckled. Mina smiled at her group of friends, happy that they still accepted her. 

Momo was her neighbor before everything had gone to hell and she was picked up by Tzuyu’s family. She was a breeder, which meant she was well known to the royals. Able to get them specific breeds of dogs or point them into good hands. 

Chaeyoung was a guard to the princesses, and also Jihyo’s lover. The two had started off as a little fling, but had quickly turned into something more than just a fling. Mina had met her when she was her personal guard during a raid. They had grown close, and both had realized how much in common they had with one another. 

Dahyun was Mina’s girlfriend. Before they were schoolmates until Mina was taken from her home and placed in a new school. They rekindled their friendship, which then had turned into a beautiful relationship built on their trust with one another. Dahyun wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter