One

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana let out a small sigh as she looked out at the fields. She didn’t like the whole idea of riding alone, but she wanted some space from the world. Everything seemed to be collapsing and she hated it. 

“Come on Moonie..” Sana whispered, pressing her heels into the horse’s side gently. She flicked the reins, leading the horse away from her home grounds. When she knew she was far enough, away from prying eyes, she took off. Weaving through the forest area that surrounded their mansion. “Good girl Moonie.” Sana praised as the horse galloped, easily dodging trees and bushes. 

She had a little path that she followed. A secret spot she called it. She just needed to breathe and feel safe. And nowhere near her home could offer that, well, except her little paradise. She slowed the white horse to a trot, coming up to her secret spot in the woods. A small pond, surrounded by trees… Secluded and hidden. 

She hopped off her companion, leading her towards a fallen tree that she always used to tie Moonie to. She sat on the log, letting out a sigh. 

“Moonie… I really messed up.” Sana whispered. “I don’t know what to do… Everyone is expecting me to be the perfect princess… And I can’t even do the stupid duties correctly.. The only thing I can do right is just be a placeholder.” She muttered. 

“Oh you’re not a placeholder.” Sana jumped at the new voice, looking over to see Jeongyeon riding her horse into her little hiding place. “What? Not excited to see me?” She smirked. 

“I wanted to be alone.” The younger sighed. 

Jeongyeon frowned, watching as she hugged her legs tight against her chest. She slid off her own horse, tying him next to Moonie. 

“I know you like to be alone, but sometimes… Being alone in the middle of the woods isn’t always the best bet.” She sighed while sitting in front of the younger girl. “You know I care about you too much to let you sit in the woods until it gets dark.” She gave her a small smile, hoping she would at least look at her. She watched as a few tears slipped down her cheek, looking at the ground next to her. “Sana… What’s wrong?” She asked, scooting closer to her. 

“Nayeon is getting married.” Sana sniffed. 

“And that’s bad?” Jeongyeon asked quietly. 

“To a duchess… Tzuyu. She’s stepping down.” She explained. “I’m next.” She whispered. Jeongyeon’s eyes widened, now understanding why she was upset. 

“Which means.. Suitors..” Jeongyeon frowned. 

“I don’t want to have some guy my father chooses.. I want you.” Sana fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter