Sixteen

Calligraphy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon watched carefully. Her eyes trained on the horizon of the water in front of her. She couldn’t enjoy herself fully. Everything in her mind drew a small blank. She wanted to relax, but everything in her mind told her not to. Nothing seemed right.

“You should be relaxing. Not on your feet.” Tzuyu’s voice brought her out of her trance, turning to see her wife walking down the path to where she was standing. 

“I can’t help it. My mind is racing and I thought something like this would calm me.” She let out a small sigh while explaining, letting Tzuyu wrap her arms around her. She felt the younger’s hand land on her swollen stomach, rubbing it gently. A smile appeared on the older’s lips, happy that she was always fussing over her. 

“You’ve been out here for a while…” Tzuyu whispered. 

“The river calms me…” Nayeon sighed. “I used to come here with my parents when we were younger.. Jihyo wasn’t born yet. Sana was barely walking.. I remember everything.” She smiled, looking down at the little pebbles that scattered the shoreline in front of her. “When we got older… Sana and I would try to skip rocks.” She whispered. 

“I’m glad you remember the happy memories.” Her wife whispered, resting her chin on Nayeon’s shoulder. 

“Sometimes… I don’t remember the happy ones.” Nayeon sighed. “I want to… But my mind gets so swarmed with the bad ones… Because.. That’s all we knew.” She frowned. 

--

It was quiet in Mina’s domain. The sun barely set in her little town as she walked through the halls of her small palace. Dahyun was on her way back from the king’s palace, a full day of work under her belt already. Rey and Ari trailing right behind her as she walked to her study, planning on drafting a few notices for the farming lands. Explaining that the King had implemented a new law. One that they would be furious about. 

She fought tooth and nail against the king, demanding that her farmers be given a break, explaining that if they over farmed, terrible things would happen. Not only to their people, but to their own crops. 

“Your grace.” The guard stated when she walked in. 

“The people will hate me.” Mina whispered. “And in turn hate Dahyun.” She sighed. 

“Another new law?” He asked. 

“I was given this portion of the land because it’s the farm land. No one here has hated me… I’ve done my best to give the people what they wanted.” She whispered, walking to her desk. She sat herself down,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter