WE MAKE A GOOD TEAM

Make It Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(JINNIE)

    Throughout the drive back to the apartment, I was trying to process everything that happened. Sumi asked me a couple of times if I was okay and I just nodded thoughtlessly.

    “Unnie ah, how are you and BoGum oppa talk like nothing ever happened to you guys?” I suddenly brought it up and Sumi was surprised at the question. She gave it a thought before smiling, for the first time, I didn’t understand her expression.

    “I personally just didn’t think too much about what happened in the past. And fortunately he did too, so it was easier to communicate.” She said and I was deep in thought again. P

    “But of course, it’s like not addressing the elephant in the room. You just go along with it… in hopes that the elephant would disappear. It’s hard though…because you don’t know if what you’re doing is okay…” Sumi continued but with a less enthusiastic tone. So even if it looked so natural for them to interact, Sumi was actually feeling the same confusion I was feeling?

    That evening I kept myself mainly in the mini studio, the song I wrote last night didn’t seem appetising to me anymore. I took a blank sheet of paper and started scribbling away aimlessly, it was a habit I had for years when something bothered me.

    “AISH!” I ruffled my hair in a nest when I was still stuck scribbling after 15 minutes, this was something that always interrupted with my songwriting when I’m not in the mood. Then I thought about today’s event and the way I saw Jimin, how 7 years has changed us. I took my pen and the book I hold so dearly and began to write.

 

Was it fear or uncertainty that stopped me

To look at the sky that held the beauty

A beauty one should not ever miss

But I chose to close my eye and let it go

 

And when I see again, will it be the same as yesterday

Or will it be a stranger to whom I have nothing to say

A familiar face in the crowd, I thought of you

All the same. The way you smiled and the way you talked too

But in the end of the day, when all is done

You’ll be east and I’ll be west

 

Writing the last sentence, I felt the weight in my chest being lifted. With a content sense of feeling, I concluded tonight’s session with a scoop of ice-cream before heading to bed.

    

    Two days later, I was able to meet Taehyung at the studio to finally start planning. My days before meeting Taehyung consisted of a session in the gym, catching up with K-dramas and squeezing the last of my creative juice. So by the time I got to the studio, I was itching to hear anyone’s suggestions besides my own. 

    “Thank you again for openin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter