VINNIE

Make It Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JINNIE

 

    While I was still in a state of shock, my mom and Jimin’s mom brought me into a familiar living room. My mom wasn’t kidding when she said she’d try to decorate the place as close to as it was 7 years ago, there were a few furnitures that had been changed but all in all, it was a replica of my childhood home. Even the two older men who sat by the dinning area reminded me of the old days. They had matching surprised look on their faces however, my dad was able to recover and stood up to give me a welcoming hug.

    Next thing I knew I was seated across Jimin and his parents while my parents are adjacent to me. The two couples were chatting away while Jimin and I avoided each other’s gazes at all times. Sumi had to suddenly leave to the guest room to attend a conference call of some sort, leaving me to fend for myself much to my dismay.

    “It’s been so long since we’ve all been in the same room together. Jimin here has finally decided to visit after so long, it’s just amazing how coincidentally that Jinnie was able to come a week earlier. Maybe it’s fate.” Jimin’s mom teased while my mom joined in, I wanted the ground to swallow me whole at that moment. Jimin suddenly look uncomfortable that he had to take a big gulp of water that was served in front of him.

    “Eomma…” I looked at her in hopes she would get my signal to stop, thankfully she got it and tried to change the subject. In the moment I saw Jimin’s attention on me and when I looked at him, he decided to look away immediately. I let out a soft sigh.

    “So Jinnie, are you seeing anyone right now?” Jimin’s mom asked as I took a sip of my water, I nearly spat it out after being caught off guard by the question. I took the napkin on the table to wipe my mouth while clearing my throat. Meanwhile, five pairs of eyes trailed my every move.

    “Um…well…” my eyes slowly connected to the pair of brown orbs across me, Jimin looked at me intently. I wonder what was going through his head at that moment and I wondered what was going through mine when I uttered the next word.

    “Kind of.” It came so suddenly that before I could even take it back, Jimin’s eyes no longer held mine and the room becoming so silent.

    “Oh.” The two older women said in unison and the air suddenly became awkward, no one seemed to dare continue the conversation.

    “Eomoni! I missed your japchae, by chance will you be able to bring some?” Not being able to bear the tense atmosphere, I changed the topic in hopes to lighten the mood. It seemed to work when Jimin’s mom stood up to present the food I’ve requested but at that point, all I wanted was to hide myself.    

 

JIMIN

    Shortly after catching up with the Lee family, they took the liberty to prepare homemade lunch. However, my appetite was long gone and all I wanted was to leave after Jinnie’s revelation. I wanted to know if it was Taehyung she was pertaining but asking right now seemed to be inappropriate. So when we finished lunch and our parents were busy in the living room, I joined Jinnie who had offered to clean the dishes.

    “Let me help you there.” I offered, she jolted a little bit as she turned to me. She must have been in deep thoughts to not hear my footsteps.

    “Oh.. thanks.” She said curtly before turning back to washing her dishes.

    “How are you feeling?” She looked at me in confusion so I continued.

    “The night of the comeback stage performance, we were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter