NIGHT OF GAMES

Make It Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(JIMIN)

    “WHAT IS THIS?!” Hoseok flipped the notebook to show the photo towards the rest of the group, they were equally shocked by what they saw. In front of their eyes was a photo of a teenage Jinnie and me with their arms around each other, I smiled at the fond memory of the day it was taken. I was surprised that after all these years, Jinnie still had that book. Their heads turned towards us, they were eyeing me suspiciously and I was about to explain myself when Jinnie suddenly spoke.

    “I may or may have down played the nature of my relationship with Jimin,” she smiled sheepishly, their eyes grew wider. I watched Jinnie shift one foot to the other, obviously feeling a bit uncomfortable with the situation. I realised she did that a lot when we were younger, I guess old habits really do die hard.

    “Our parents were neighbours and best friends prior to our birth so naturally when we were born, we became the best of friends before I moved to Korea.” She continued and everyone was nodding their head seemingly understanding the situation.

    “Were you guys together in a romantic way?” Taehyung suddenly asked. She was dumbfounded by the unexpected question, so she looked at me with pleading eyes.

    “I guess? We were each other’s first love after all.” I in casually, I saw the shock evident on her face. I would be too because the old Jimin would have been too shy to admit that, it even took me a long time to admit it to my parents back when we in middle school.

    “She’s the girl you-“ I quickly cut Taehyung off when I realised where the question was going.

    “You guys ask too many questions. The food is getting cold.” I said pointing at the food hoping to distract them from the topic and surprisingly it worked, except with one person. Taehyung. However, all he did was look at me as if studying my face for any information, with a smile I just turned my attention back to my food that was less enticing as it was 5 minutes ago.

    After empty boxes of foods later, we proceeded in helping Jinnie and Taehyung with the song. I watched Yoongi snuck behind Taehyung and pressed the play button, a melody started to play.

    “Sick beat. Taehyung you made that?” Yoongi asked in shock, everyone else were amazed by the lyric-less soundtrack. Taehyung shook his head immediately and then pointed at Jinnie. Although I knew Jinnie has always been talented because I kept tabs on her work all these years, but her gift never failed to amaze me.

    “No, Jinnie did.” All heads turned to her and our faces were painted with awe.

    “Taehyung helped me with the melody. It was teamwork.” She tried to reason out.

    “Kkaepjjang.” Yoongi looked at her, he awkwardly smiled and pulled an equally awkward thumbs-up. I wanted to laugh at how Yoongi was trying to be casual but I knew he was too impressed by her to play it cool because he was smiling from ear to ear as he listened to the soundtrack over and over again.

     I watched as Jinnie interacted with each member with such ease, even Jungkook got along with her after her few attempts to engage in a conversation. They finally found something to bond over and it was to bully Jin. She got along with them like how I expected she would, it wasn’t hard to like Jinnie. She just has this charm that draws people to her and she has this way of making people feel welcomed. I smiled at the pleasing sight in front of me and somehow Jinnie seemed to notice my presence, she gave me a cheeky smile and continued talking to Yoongi on how to improve the melody. I could get use to this, I thought to myself.

    

(JINNIE)

 

By the end of the evening we were able to hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter