Baby Shark

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you have to meet your mother now?" Seunghyun asked his wife as she accompanies her to the main door of their home. The car is waiting outside for Sekyung. After what her mother did to Dara a few days ago, she decided to meet her mother and talk to her.

"I'll be fine. We'll meet in a private room of a restaurant in Gangnam. Don't worry too much," Sekyung assures her husband. Seunghyun opens the door for her as she heads out. Seunghyun watches Sekyung enters the car. Sekyung looks back at him and smiles. Seunghyun waved his hand at her as the car starts to drive away. Seunghyun sighs before he enters back his home.

He went to the garden to check on the kids and their mother. Dara is spending time with the kids as much as possible since she's heading back to university for her master's degree by next week. She already enrolled and already bought the necessary stuff she needed like books and a new laptop. 

When he reached the garden, he found the twins dancing to the song about a baby shark while their mother is cheering on them. Both Seunghyun and Sekyung were worried about Dara after the incident with Mrs. Shin. She was quiet the next day and busy taking care of the children. Thankfully, after she settles her enrollment to her master's degree, she became normal again. She only has a week left before the class starts. She already bought necessary stuff like books and a brand new laptop.

"Wow. I didn't know you two can dance," Seunghyun said. Haneul runs towards his father and Seunghyun immediately catches his son and carries him.

"Daddy, do you like sharks?" Haneul asks. Seunghyun looks at Dara who stands up from sitting on the grass and just shrugs at him.

"I do like them as long as they are not going to eat me," Seunghyun said simply. 

"Have you seen a shark in real life?" the kid inquires. 

"No. Just on TV," Seunghyun answered.

"Then we should go to oceanarium so we can see some sharks!" Haneul declares. Seunghyun grins at his son. He then looks at Haru who looks hopeful and smiling too.

"Haneul, it's your daddy's rest day. Let's not disturb him," Dara said. Haru frowns upon hearing what her mother said. She glances at her father. Haneul also frowns.

"No, it's fine. Daddy is free. I wanna see sharks too," Seunghyun said quickly. Haneul immediately smiles and hugs his father's neck. Haru is smiling too while clapping her hand. Dara sighs.

Seunghyun let Haneul down and take out his phone from his pocket. 

"What are you doing?" Dara asks.

"Calling the driver so he can drive us at the oceanarium," he said. Dara shook her head. "I can drive, remember? And I'm using your wife's car. You don't need a driver. I'll just get the kids prepared. Wear something comfortable too. Oceanarium is huge, you know." she smiles before she leads the children back inside to dress them up.

Seunghyun sighs before he walked back inside his home.

An hour later, Dara is setting the car seat for the twins on the back seat when Seung Hyun when out of the front door. He's wearing a black polo shirt with white safety pins print design, leather shoes, and thigh-hugging pants. He also has sunglasses on. Seunghyun looks at the children, they were wearing matching clothes but in different colors. Haneul is wearing a blue one while Haru is wearing pink. 

Dara, on the other hand, makes Seunghyun dizzy. Even though she's in here 30's she still looks like a college student. She's wearing a simple printed shirt, a denim jacket, and skinny pants that match her black sneakers. Her hair is also tied in a high ponytail. Sekyung did a total makeover on Dara's wardrobe. He approaches them.

"Haru and Haneul are sitting on the passenger's seat?" he asked.

Dara nodded as she helped Haru settle on her seat while Haneul climbs his seat by himself. "Yeah. It does not allow to let kids seat upfront unless their feet can reach the car floor," she explains.

"Where am I sitting then?"

Dara blinks at him, "In front, of course," she said casually. Seunghyun gulped and just went to the front seat. After Dara made sure that the kids are settled, she closes the passenger's seat door and went to the driver's side. Dara starts to drive out of the Choi's mansion. 

The children are singing and playing at the back while the adults are tad quiet. Seunghyun told Sekyung that he's going out with Dara and the kids. He felt bad that Sekyung is not with them but Sekyung assures her that it's fine and they can go out all together sometimes.

Then, Dara speaks, "I wish Sekyung is with us," she said. Seunghyun looks at her. He can see the sincerity on her face. He glances back upfront. "Yeah. I told her that we're going out with the kids. I feel bad that she's not with us but she told me it's okay and enjoys my free day." Seunghyun sighs "I still don't understand why she needs to talk to her mother. My mother-in-law never listens,"

"She'll be fine. Sekyung is a strong woman. She can handle that," Dara said.

Seunghyun smiles, "You're so fond of my wife,"

"Of course, she's nice ever since I meet her. Although I feel guilty about what I did before, she never made me feel bad about myself. And she does take care of the kids well. She and I are friends now, you know," she chuckles.

"I noticed. It's good that she has new friends. She rarely has close friends aside Honey and Hyorin. Some of her acquaintance before just likes her for being rich and married to me," he paused. "I think she and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter