Special Day

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara is checking everything in the garden ground for Seunghyun's birthday party. The guests already arrived. Sekyung is talking to Hyorin at that moment as Dara checks the sound system operator. She walks towards the mansion when Hanee steps on her way.

"Hi, Dara," Hanee greets her.

"Hi," Dara smiles timidly. She took a side step and started walking again, but Hanee followed her.

"Sekyung said that you did almost everything for this party. That's so nice of you," Hanee said. Dara glances at her and smiles. "It's all Sekyung's idea. I'm just helping her because she can't do it with her condition now," Dara explains. Hanee took a few steps ahead and got on Dara's way again. Dara looks at her quizzically.

"I get that. But why would she ask you instead of me? I'm her best friend. You're the woman who slept with her husband,"

Dara scowls at her, "Excuse me?"

Hanee shook her head, "I'm sorry, that was too much. You know what I mean. I can help her, too. I know her taste, and I've known Seunghyun longer than you," Hanee babbles.

"I don't know, Ms. Lee. Why don't you ask Sekyung instead of me? I have things to settle before Seunghyun arrives," Dara was about to walk away when Hanee held her arm tightly. Dara looks at Hanee. The tall woman smirks at her.

"Don't have any crazy idea in your mind, Dara-ssi. Seunghyun and Sekyung are so in love with each other. Even her illness won't break them apart, and I'm sure as hell that Seunghyun won't even look at you even Sekyung pass away," Hanee told Dara in a hushed tone.

Dara pulled her arm from Hanee's hold and smirked back at her, "For someone's best friend, you are too concern about Sekyung and Seunghyun. Sekyung shouldn't be worried about me," Dara leans closer to Hanee and whispers, "She should be worried about you," Dara finally walks away from Hanee.

Dara walks toward the living room and sighs. Lee Hanee is suspicious, but she can't just say that to anyone at that time. Her phone chimes. It was Donghwi, telling her that Seunghyun and he will arrive within 30 minutes. Dara hurriedly went upstairs to check the kids.

When she arrives, Haru and Haneul are playing with building blocks. They are already dressed for the occasion. She sat down on the floor with them.

"Daddy is arriving soon. We need to go down and prepare for his surprise." Dara told the kids. Haru looks up at her mother before nodding and starts cleaning up the blocks. Dara glances at Haneul. He's still playing.

"Haneul, we need to go down and surprise Daddy," Dara says calmly.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, my prince?"

Haneul looks up to Dara, "Will daddy like our gifts?" he asks.

"Daddy will love it. Anything that Haru and Haneul give is important for Daddy." Dara assures the little boy. Haneul pouts as he starts to put back the blocks in the toy bucket. "But it's just a card."

"A card that you made. I bet Daddy will even put it in his office, so people will see what his babies did." Dara smiles. Haneul sighs and continues to clean up.

After a while, Dara and the kids went down and joined everyone in the garden. The twins greet their aunt and grandmother before checking their cousin's robot toy. Sekyung approaches Dara.

"Is he arriving?" she asks.

"Donghwi sad they'll be here within 30 minutes. He'll text me when they arrive." Dara said.

"Okay. Great." Sekyung laughs nervously. "I feel so nervous. Will he like this?" Sekyung worriedly asks.

"You made this for him. I'm sure he will." Dara pats her shoulder.

"Do I look okay? I think I need more makeup." Sekyung said.

"Yah. You're perfect. Even you wear a plain shirt and pants, he will still see you as the most beautiful woman in this world. You're exquisite." Dara assures Sekyung. Then, Dara glances on the side and sees Hanee with a wine glass in her hand, glaring at her. Dara looks away from her. She doesn't want any negativity at that moment.

Dara's phone chimes, and she checks it. Donghwi said that they arrived. Dara tells Sekyung about it and signals the crew to closes the curtain of the garden entrance. She even called the kids to stand beside their stepmom while Dara stood behind Hyeyoun. Hyeyoun looked back at her and mouthed the words 'you did great'. Dara bows at her.

The curtain opens a few moments later, and Seunghyun comes out of it, followed by Donghwi. Aside from Seunghyun, they all yelled 'surprise' as two crew pops the confetti tube. Seunghyun was shocked at what was happening. Sekyung approaches her husband and hugs him. Seunghyun hugs Sekyung back.

"Happy birthday, baby," Sekyung said before kissing him on his lips. Seunghyun was still speechless. They let go of each other as Haneul and Haru approach. The two kids were holding a personalized card and present it to him.

"Happy birthday, Daddy." the twin said.

"Thank you," Seunghyun said as he took the cards from them. He opens Haneul's card first and smiles upon seeing he written 'Happy Birthday, Daddy. I love you from Haneul' in it with a few doodles of somehow their family. Then, he checks Haru's card. She wrote 'Happy birthday, Daddy. Thank you for being our daddy and giving us Mama Sekyung. I love you very much'. Seunghyun smiles as he closes the card. He crouches down, and to his surprise, the kids hug him and give him kisses on his cheeks. He hugged his children and thanked them.

"Happy birthday, son," the Choi Matriarch greets. Seunghyun looks up at his mother and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter