Decisions

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun carries a bouquet of roses for his wife as he walks in the hospital lobby. A few days ago, they found out that Seunghyun is a father to a fraternal twin. It was a shock to him but what's shocking is his son, Haneul, who has a blood disease and needs a bone marrow transplant. After he visits his wife that day, he undergoes a blood test. The next day, he found out that he's the perfect match for his son. Dara sobs when she heard the news. The operation is scheduled soon. He and Haneul are both preparing for it. As he heads to Sekyung's room, he saw Dara, pushing a wheelchair where Haneul is sitting while Haru is walking beside the wheelchair while holding a doll. They are heading to the garden of the hospital. He looks at his watch. Then, he decided to follow them.

Haneul smiles as his mother brought him out. It's been five days since he was admitted. Dara found a bench so she can sit while Haneul and Haru play. She found a spot and get the small picnic mat from the bag she's carrying and lay in on the ground. Haru sat on it first as she helps her son get off the wheelchair and sit on the mat. He's carrying his toy robot, Blu, with him. Haru and Haneul start to play as she sits on the bench and watches them. Haneul will have his surgery in three days. Dara is so thankful that he and Seunghyun matched. She hasn't answer Sekyung yet about them living with them. But, she wants to consider it because Haru keeps on talking about Sekyung, and Haneul becomes friendly with Seunghyun. She thought of telling the kids that Seunghyun is their dad but she didn't know how to tell them. All she wants is for Haneul to get better. Having their father in their lives is just a bonus.

"Haneul-ah, how do you feel, my prince?" Dara asks.

"I feel better, Mom. I like being outside." Haneul looks up to her. "Mommy, when are we going home?"

"Soon, baby. Very soon." Dara assures him.

"Mommy, if we go home, can we still visit Auntie Sekyung?" Haru asks shyly.

"Of course, baby. Auntie Sekyung will surely like that." Dara tells her child.

Haru smiles "Auntie Sekyung is pretty when she smiles. She looks like a princess. She said that she's happy every time she plays with me. But she's sick. I want to make her happy."

Dara gets off her seat and sat down beside her daughter. She touches the little girl's hair. "You do make her happy." Then, Dara thought of Sekyung's request. "Haru, Haneul, Mommy wants to ask you something."

The two kids look at her. "You see, Haneul needs to rest for a long time after the doctor checks if he's not sick anymore. Since Haru wants to spend more time with Auntie Sekyung, what do you think if we stay at their house? Just until everything is okay. That way, Haneul can rest well and Haru can play with Auntie Sekyung. What do you think?" Dara asks them nervously.

"I love that, Mommy." Haru grins at her. Haneul is pouting on the other hand.

"What's wrong, baby?" Dara asks.

"Will Uncle Seunghyun be there?" he asked.

Dara nods "Of course, he is. He and Auntie Sekyung live in the same house."

Haneul grins at her. "Okay, mommy."

She sighs. "Good. So, when Haneul is okay to go home, we will stay with Auntie Sekyung and Uncle Seunghyun. Okay?"

"Okay, Mommy." the twins simultaneously said.

Not so far away from then, Seunghyun is admiring how Dara is talking to their children. She talks to them in an equal manner and let them decide on what they want.

He decided to approach them.

"Hi guys." he greets them. They all look up at him. Haneul stood up and run towards Seunghyun and hugs his thighs. Seunghyun pats his head. Haneul looks up to him with a bright smile on his face. "Hi, Uncle Seunghyun," Haneul said.

"Hi. What are you doing here?" he asks.

"The doctor said I can go outside for a while. I wanna play with Haru outside. Blu is with us too." Haneul said excitedly. He holds on Seunghyun's hand and pulls him towards the picnic mat. Haneul sat down and Seunghyun sits beside him. Haru is staring at the bouquet of roses he's carrying. Seunghyun noticed it.

"Hi, Haru," he said. Haru looks at him and bows.

"This is for Auntie Sekyung. She likes flowers. Do you think she will like this?" he asks. Haru nodded. "But she will like it more if it's pink." the little girl murmurs.

"You're right. I'll buy her pink flowers next time." Seunghyun smiles at her. Haru nodded in agreement.

"Uncle Seunghyun, Mommy said that we will live with you and Auntie Sekyung when I got out from here," Haneul said excitedly. Then, he paused. "Is that okay?"

"Of course, I would love for you and your sister to live with us." Seunghyun said.

"What about Mommy?" Haru asks. Seunghyun looks at Haru before glancing at Dara. She just smiles timidly at him.

Sseunghyun gazes back at Haru "Yes, princess. With your mommy too." Seunghyun said. Haru hugs her doll and smiles at him. Seunghyun smiles back. Haru is very charming like her mother. No wonder Sekyung is fond of her. 

Seung Hyun checks his watch again. He then stood up. "I need to go. I need to visit Sekyung and give these flowers to her." Seunghyun told the children. Haru stood up.

"Can I come?" the little girl asks. Seunghyun looks at Dara. Haru did too.

"Sure, baby. But you shouldn't let go of Uncle Seunghyun's hand on your way there, okay?" Dara tells Haru. Haru nodded and stood up. Haneul is looking at them sadly. Dara pats his back. "We'll visit Aunt Sekyung too. We just need to ask your doctor first,"

"Okay, Mommy," Haneul said and continues to play.

"I will bring back Haru later at Haneul's room," Seunghyun told Dara. Dara smiles timidly and nodded.

"Let's go, princess?" Seunghyun asks Haru. Haru holds on to his hand and they walk back inside the hospital. Dara sighs. As their children are getting closer to Seunghyun, Dara is getting more nervous about telling them that Seunghyun is their father.

---

Sekyung and Seunghyun's friends Jiyong, Seungri, Youngbae, Hyorin, and Daesung are heading to Sekyung's room. Seunghyun told them that her condition is getting worst but Sekyung is trying to be strong about it. As they walk in the lobby, Jiyong saw a familiar face. Lee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter