Lost Opportunity

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes!!!” Hyoni shouts after the professor left the classroom. Her classmates look at her. Others are glaring at her because she’s too happy. Dara slaps her arm.

 

“Ouch! Why did you hit me?” Hyoni asks as she grabs her bag.

 

“You’re too loud,” Dara stood up from her seat. Kiyong agrees with her, “You’re always loud,” Kiyong said. Hyoni flips her hair back, “Why? I’m just happy that we got an A in our report,” she shrugs as she heads to the door. Some of their classmates are still glaring at Hyoni since some of them got a lower score. Dara and Kiyong follow Hyoni out of the room.

 

“We should celebrate!” Hyoni said as they head out of the building, “Why don’t we eat out after class. My treat!” Hyoni stated.

 

“Naaah. I need to hit the gym later. I missed some sessions since I need to focus on the report,” Kiyong shrugs. Hyoni looks at Dara.

 

“Haru and Haneul have dental check-up today. I need to go home to comfort them. They hate going to the dentist,” Dara mutters.

 

“Aww… Poor babies. Wait! I’ll buy ice cream for them. Is that okay? Just bring it to them later,” Hyoni said. Dara just nodded.

 

“I miss those kids already. I only meet them for a few hours but I love them already,” Kiyong pouts.

 

Hyoni nudges him, “You’re just too happy because Haneul likes you!”

 

“Seunghyun is jealous of you, actually. I don’t know. He’s also jealous of Ilwoo because he knows a lot about Pororo than him that Haneul likes Ilwoo too,” Dara smiles.

 

“Wait, Prof. Jung met Haneul and Haru?” Hyoni asks.

 

“Yes. Ilwoo went to the Choi Mansion to give me the book I lost in the library. He had dinner there and bonded with Haneul,” Dara shrugs.

 

Hyoni smiles playfully, “Unnie, are you hiding something from us?” she teases. Dara scowls at her, “What do you mean?”

 

“You and Professor Jung,” Hyoni winks at her.

 

“No! We’re just friends!” Dara defensively said. Kiyong chuckles while Hyoni giggles like a fangirl.

 

“OMG! I won’t be surprised at all if you two start to date!” Hyoni smirks. Dara shook her head. Hyoni is so tactless.

 

“Hello!” Minho greets them. Hyoni, Kiyong, and Dara bow to him and Ilwoo stood beside him. Dara smiles at him and he returns her smile. Hyoni giggles.

 

“Done with your class?” Minho asks.

 

“Yes, Professor,” Hyoni answers.

 

“Ilwoo ad I will grab early dinner. Would you like to join us?” Minho offers.

 

“I will!” Hyoni raised her hand. Ilwoo chuckles.

 

“Sorry, professor, but I need to hit the gym. I missed a lot of sessions,” Kiyong grins. Minho pats Kiyong shoulder, “Fine, but let’s drink sometimes, okay?” Kiyong nods. Minho looks at Dara, “How about you, Noona?”

 

“I have to go home. The kids have their dental checkup today. They’re always upset after the check-up,” Dara excuses.

 

“Is it that bad?” Ilwoo asks in concern. Dara shrugs, “Haru will just cry nonstop and Haneul will just remain in the corner and stay quiet. Hyoni offers to give them ice cream,” Dara smiles.

 

“Wait. I have something in my office for them. Let me just get them and gave it to them. Can you wait for me?” Ilwoo asks.

 

“You don’t have to, Ilwoo-yah,” Dara frowns.

 

“It’s nothing. And it’s for the kids,” Ilwoo said. Ilwoo was about to leave when Minho stops him, “Wait! You met her kids already?!” Minho asks. Ilwoo nodded. Minho looks at Hyoni and Kiyong. Kiyong shows his phone with Haneul and him in his lock screen while Hyoni just smiles sheepishly. Minho glances at Dara with a hurt expression on his face.

 

“Noona, how can you betray me like this?” Minho said. They all laugh beside Minho, who’s sulking at that moment. Minho looks offended and pouting.

 

“You’ll meet them too. I’ll arrange something,” Dara shrugs.

 

“Promise me that!” Minho said, “Or I will not talk to you ever!”

 

“Ohh please, Dara. Don’t show the kids to him so he won’t bother you anymore,” Ilwoo teasingly stated. Dara nodded, “Great idea!”

 

“Noona!” Minho whines. Ilwoo nudges Minho to calm himself. Minho sighs in frustration.

 

“Don’t worry, Lee Minho, you’ll meet them someday,” Dara says. Minho crossed his arms in front of him, “Why do I feel like I will never meet your children, Noona?” Minho sighs deeply.

 

“Dara Noona, Hyoni, I’ll go ahead,” Kiyong said before bidding goodbye to them. Ilwoo excuses himself to get the gift he wants to give the twins.

 

After a few moments, Ilwoo returns with a paper bag with stuffed Pororo dolls. Dara thanked Ilwoo before she bid goodbye to Ilwoo, Minho, and Hyoni.

 

---

 

Seunghyun arrived at Seungri’s club at that moment. The bouncer leads him to the V.I.P room. In there, Jiyong, Daesung, Youngbae, and Seungri are waiting. Seunghyun enters the room and the bouncer closes the door. Seunghyun sat beside Daesung.

 

“Isn’t it early to have a drink like this?” Seunghyun asks.

 

“You don’t have to drink if you don’t feel like it,” Seungri points out. Daesung gave Seunghyun a glass of wine and he accepts it.

 

“So, why are we here again?” Seunghyun asks.

 

Jiyong nods his head at Youngbae’s direction, “Youngbae asks us to be here,” They all look at Youngbae who’s staring at the glass of beer he’s holding. Youngbae looks up to them. They waited for him to speak. Youngbae took a deep breath.

 

“Hyorin and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter