New Beginnings

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the fifth day of their stay in the Choi Mansion. Everything is well so far. Haru loves playing dress-up with Sekyung since Sekyung provided her with a wardrobe full of pretty dresses and shoes. Seunghyun was please when he found out that his son likes art. He even watches Haneul paints. The child even gives him one of his works and Seunghyun put it in his office. Dara is preparing for enrollment. She already quit her job at the advertising company but her boss said that she can come back anytime.

It was Friday and Dara decided to follow Donghwi's suggestion to pamper himself and buy new clothes. She needs to fit in with her studying life. She calls her friends to help her with her new wardrobe. Bom is busy with her work, and Minzy is in Busan for a project. Chaerin is her last chance now.

"I'm sorry Dara but I have a meeting to attend now. I don't know what time I will be finished. And even if I will, I need to settle some reports regarding the meeting." Chaerin apologized.

"I really need someone with me so I will focus on my clothes rather than my children's needs. You know me when I shop!" Dara sighs.

"I know, Mom. I'm really sorry. We can do it next week if you want."

"Sekyung has a checkup next week. I need to take care of the children" Dara said. She pinches the bridge of her nose. "Ugggh! This shouldn't be a problem, you know!"

"I know. How about you try online shopping? Just look. You know your measurements, try buying a few items." Chaerin suggested.

"I'll try," Dara mutters. "Go back to your work. Sorry I disturb you."

"No worries Dara. Enjoy shopping." Chaerin said. Dara hangs up. She went to the kitchen to have some water. She was thinking deeply when Sekyung enters the kitchen.

"Hey, Dara." She greets her.

Dara looks at her and smiles. "Hi."

"Are you okay?" Sekyung asks before opening the refrigerator and get some water.

"Yeah. Just thinking."

"Can I help?" Sekyung offers. Dara stares at her. Sekyung is a very beautiful woman. With her beauty and sense of fashion, no one will think that she's dying.

"Donghwi told me last week something about pampering myself by treating myself on a spa and buying new stuff that will not scream 'I'm a mom' and your husband is asking me why there are no charges on my credit card. I was hoping for my friends to help me with shopping for new clothes but they are all busy. I can do it online but I rather want to go out and shop manually." Dara mutters.

"I can join you if you want." Sekyung smiles.

"You will?"

"Yeah. It will be fun. Plus, I want my nails to be done too. I need some colors on it." Sekyung smiles.

"Will that be okay? I don't want you to get exhausted."

Sekyung shook her head. "I'll be fine. I promise I will tell you if I don't feel well. I want to go out too. Let's bring the kids with us. It will be fun."

"Okay. I will get them ready." Dara said before leaving Sekyung to get the kids ready. After 30 minutes, Dara is driving while Sekyung is on the front passenger seat at Haneul, and Haru are on the back seat with their car seats on. The two children look excited. Sekyung sends a message to his husband telling him that she, Dara, and the kids are having a day out. Seunghyun was envious but he hopes they enjoy their trip.

They arrived in a shopping center in Gangnam. Sekyung talked to the children first telling them that day is for their Mommy to look more pretty so they will buy her clothes and shoes. The twin looks excited, especially Haru who wants her Mommy to wear pretty dresses.

To Dara's surprised, Sekyung provides a personal shopper who will bring everything to them as they wait in a V.I.P room. Dara wants to insist on going around the mall but she remembers Sekyung's condition and the two children with them. A staff of the mall is playing with the kids as Sekyung and Dara check the items that the personal shopper brought. It's all beautiful and fits perfectly with Dara. From casual wear, dresses, to formal ones. Sekyung even asks for party outfits. Sekyung asks for different types of shoes and bags for Dara.

Dara is fitting one of the shoes when Sekyung took a picture of her.

"What was that?" Dara ask.

"Just going to show Seunghyun that you're getting everything you need," Sekyung said before putting down her phone. "Let's go to this salon for your hair and our nails. They also provide spa for children" she said happily.

"Sekyung, this is too much. I can go shopping in Hongdae for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter