Family Camping

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun is setting up the cooking station at that moment when he looks back at Dara and their kids. Haru and Haneul play inside their colorful tent while Dara sets up the long table for lunch later. Their friends have already arrived and currently playing a combination of volleyball and foot volleyball. 

Dara approaches Seunghyun, "Do you need help?" she asks.

"I'm almost done. How're the kids?" 

"They are playing inside the tent," Dara looks in the direction where their friends are playing, "Is this camping really for the kids or those kids?"

Seunghyun smirks, "What do you think?"

Dar smiles and shakes her head, "Ohh... Should we start cooking for lunch?"

"The chef and his staff will arrive in a while," Seunghyun says casually.

Dara blinks, "Chef? In camping? Really?"

"Blame Jiyong!" Seunghyun says. Dara noticed that Seunghyun was sweating. She unconsciously takes facial tissue from her bag and approaches Seunghyun back. She made him face her and started to wipe the sweat on his face and neck, "You're sweating too much,"

"It's fine," Seunghyun says while smiling at her. Dara sets the used tissue aside before getting a few tissues and wiping Seunghyun's face again. Seunghyun even squat a little bit so Dara can reach him well. 

"We're not gonna have the chef until dinner, right?" Dara asks.

"No, just this lunch. It will be just us for dinner and breakfast tomorrow," Seunghyun mutters.

"Good," Dara smiles and picks up another tissue to finish up.

"Ehem!" 

Seunghyun and Dara look in the direction where the sound came from. It was Hyoni, Kiyong, Minho, and Ilwoo. They are also invited to camp with them. Hyoni and Kiyong are smiling at them while Mino looks between Ilwoo, Dara, and Seunghyun. Ilwoo is just staring at Dara. Seung Hyun stood up straight at took a step back.

"You're here!" Dara says before approaching her friends. 

"Yes, we're here!" Hyoni said while smiling awkwardly. 

"Where are Haneul and Haru?" Kiyong asks. Dara pointed to the twin's tent. "They are playing in their tent," Dara said. Minho pats Kiyong's shoulder, "Come on," he says. Kiyong and Minho went to the tent to check on the kids. Dara looks at Ilwoo. He still has a serious expression on his face.

"Thank you for coming," Seunghyun said as they approached them. Ilwoo glances at Seunghyun. Seunghyun smiles at him. Ilwoo sighs and smiles curtly, "But of course. Anything for Dara and the kids," he said.

Seunghyun nods and smiles.

"Okay! Ilwoo Oppa, can you help me with my tent? Kiyong suddenly escaped so that no one would help me," Hyoni said.

"I'll help," Dara said. Ilwoo sighed and went along with the two ladies. Dara looks back at Seunghyun and gives him a timid smile. Seunghyun just waved his hand at her before he got back in to check the tables and chairs.

The Chef and staff that Jiyong hired arrived and started to prepare their lunch. While waiting for their lunch, their group begins to play a group game. It's team Haneul versus team Haru. Team Haneul consists of Daesung, Youngbae, Donghwi, Ilwoo, Kiyong, and Minho, while Haru's team consists of Chaerin, Bom, Minzy, Hyorin, Hyoni, and Dara. Seungri is the host while Seunghyun and Jiyong sit on their camping chairs and watch them play. Their games consist of various games. The winning team will win an amusement park trip with Haneul and Haru, courtesy of Seunghyun.

The group is currently playing a sack game as two gentlemen watch from a distance.

"The kids are having fun," Jiyong said.

Seunghyun smirks, "More like the adults are having fun," Jiyong chuckles, "It's been a while since we went on a trip together. But our trip now is much better since Haru and Haneul are here, plus Dara's side of friends,"

"You mean Chaerin, right?"

Jiyong sighs, "That woman is so tough to please,"

"She's a strong and independent woman. What do you expect?" Seunghyun points out.

"I know that. Chaerin has always been like that since our university days," Jiyong pouts, "She doesn't even notice when I'm flirting with her,"

Seunghyun crossed his arms on his chest, "Wow! I can't believe it. The great Kwon Jiyong is having a hard time wooing a woman," he tsked. Jiyong smacks Seunghyun's arm hard, "Look who's talking! I know you're struggling, too,"

"I'm okay," Seunghyun smirks.

"Really? Even Ilwoo is here?"

"So?"

"Come on, Seunghyun. I'm your best friend. I know you too well,"

"I don't know what you are talking about," Seunghyun says seriously.

"Do you want me to point it out?" Jiyong asks. Seunghyun remains quiet.

"I know you're starting to fall for Dara, or maybe, you have already fallen for her," Jiyong says proudly.

"Don't be ridiculous, Kwon Jiyong," Seunghyun mutters. Jiyong laughs, "Deny all you want, but I can see it,"

"Dara and I are friends and just co-parenting," Seunghyun told Jiyong. Jiyong huffs as if he heard something ridiculous, "Keep lying to yourself. I hope you don't wake up one day and realize that you really like her, but suddenly, she's already dating Professor Jung. Or worst, they are getting married!" Jiyong rests his back on his chair and watches back at their friends playing.

Seunghyun looks out for Dara. She's happily playing with the ladies and Haru. Then he gazes at Ilwoo, who's staring in Dara's direction and looking at him fondly. Seunghyun has seen how well Ilwoo treats Dara and the kids. Haneul is even close with Ilwoo, which makes Seunghyun jealous of Ilwoo and Haneul's bond. But is Seunghyun jealous of Haneul's relationship with Iwoo or the possibility that Dara and Ilwoo will become a couple someday. Seunghyun sighs and just remain quiet for a while.

Around noon, their lunch started. There was a buffet set up and a long table for them to eat. Haneul and Haru are sitting between their parents. Ilwoo is sitting beside Dara. Jiyong is seated across from Seunghyun. He can see that Seunghyun keeps on glancing at his kids. Then, he will steal a glance at Dara. Then, Seunghyun felt like someone was watching him, so he looked across him and saw Jiyong smirking at him. Seunghyun ignores him and continues to eat.

After the meal, the kids took a nap while the adults did various activities. The ones left at their camping site are Dara, Seunghyun, Ilwoo, Chaerin, and Jiyong. Dara and Chaerin prepare some side dishes for dinner whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter