What Is Happening?

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara got home after driving Ilwoo and Minho back at Ilwoo's home. Ilwoo told her to go home after she dropped them off at his apartment complex.

 

When she enters the living room, Seunghyun was there. He got up from the sofa and faced her.

 

"Ohh. You're still awake," Dara mutters.

 

"I was waiting for you," Seunghyun told her.

 

Dara huffs, "Why? Is there something wrong?" she looks at the stairs. "The kids?"

 

"Sekyung already tucked them in bed. Haru was looking for you. What happened? Where did you go?" he inquired. Dara walks towards the sofas and flops at the one across Seunghyun. She rests her back on it. "My friend got a second-degree burn. I need to check on him since his family is not here, and the one attending him, which is his best friend, was panicking out of it. I drive them back home after that," Dara sighs before she looks at Seunghyun. "Did the pictorial turn out good?"

 

"It is, but the kids were looking for you after that. I'm just glad they didn't cry or something. But Haru is a bot sad when Sekyung tucks her to sleep tonight," Seunghyun said. "You should at least tell them that you were going somewhere,"

 

"I'm sorry. Minho was a bit overacting by panicking that I panic too. I'm just glad Ilwoo was fine," Dara smiles.

 

Seunghyun's curiosity peaks in, "So, who are these people you're talking about?"

 

"Jung Ilwoo and Lee Minho. They were my hoobae back then, just a year lower than I am. I used to hang out with them, mostly Ilwoo since we help each other in studying, and we have the same mind when it comes to things," Dara says fondly and smiles, "They are professors now in the university I am now. Ilwoo is one of my professors. They are friends from my past," she stated.

 

"I see," Seunghyun said, "I thought one of them was your ex or something," he mutters.

 

Dara chuckles, "No, they are just friends. Although, I used to have a small crush on Ilwoo back then. But we remain friends. I was too focused on my studies that I don't have time for meeting or dating someone," she chuckles. Then, she froze. '!' she thought. Did she admit to Seunghyun that she never dated anyone in university?

 

Seunghyun was silent and surprised by her confession. If Seunghyun was right, Dara never dated anyone in university. Meaning, he was the only man in her life. '!' he thought.

 

Dara stood up, "I'm just going to go to the kitchen and cook some ramen. I haven't eaten dinner yet," she said before she starts to head to the kitchen.

 

Seunghyun stood up immediately. "Let me cook for you," he abruptly said.

 

Dara looks back at him in surprise, "You cook?"

 

Seunghyun relaxes and smiles, "Of course. I learned from my mom. And she's a great cook herself," Seunghyun says before he leads her to the kitchen. Dara follows him.

 

In the kitchen, Seunghyun grabs some apron and wears it, while Dara sat down on the kitchen stool in front of the kitchen counter as she watches him gracefully tying the apron lace at his back.

 

"So, any request?" Seunghyun asks.

 

"I'm okay with just ramyeon, Seunghyun," she said timidly.

 

Seunghyun gives her a look, "What about pasta and steak?"

 

Dara's attention peaks, "Okay!"

 

Seunghyun checks the refrigerator for ingredients, while Dara remains on her seat to watch him. Seunghyun took out a pack of boneless sirloin steak, baby tomatoes, and red bell pepper. From the cupboard, he takes out some penne pasta, ground black peppers, olive oil.

 

Dara continues to watch him as he starts to cook. Seunghyun asks her about her studies, and Dara gladly informs her about it. Seunghyun also points out that Dara wasn't using his card so much. Dara shrugs and says that she only uses it for school purposes. Seunghyun insists that Dara should also use it for meals or wants something. Dara jokes that she might use it in buying an expensive camera, and Seunghyun just told her to do it.

 

After 20 minutes, the pasta with streal strips is ready. Seunghyun even take out some Pinot Noir for her drink. Seunghyun took out two wine glasses and poured some in it. He serves Dara the wine and pasta. Dara noticed that Seunghyun have a glass of wine only,

 

"You're not eating?" she asks.

 

"Nope," Seunghyun sips his wine.

 

"But you cooked this," she points out.

 

"It's for you, Dara. Just eat,"

 

"We can share?" Dara hesitates.

 

"I'm fine. Still full of our dinner a few hours ago," Seunghyun assures her. Dara shrugs and grabs the fork. She looks up at Seunghyun again before she gets a forkful of pasta and places it in . 

 

Dara's eyes widen in surprised and looked up at Seunghyun. He's grinning at her. "How is it?"

 

Dara chewed for a few seconds before she swallowed it. "It's so good!" she said.

 

"Have some wine. It tastes better," Seunghyun suggested, and she listens. She sipped the wine and nodded. "Yes, it's much better. Wow!" she sipped again. Seunghyun chuckled. "I'm glad you like it,"

 

Dara had another bite of the pasta. It's much better than ramyeon. "You're a good cook, Seunghyun," she said.

 

"Thank you. I haven't cook anything for a while now. I think the last time I cooked was last year during our wedding anniversary," Seughyun smiles.

 

"Sekyung must love the meal you prepare for her," Dara continues to eat.

 

Seunghyun's expression became serious, "She wasn't able to taste it because she fainted and we rushed her to the hospital,"

 

"Sorry," Dara mutters. Seunghyun shrugs and leans at the kitchen counter, "It's fine. Sometimes, unexpected things happen. You just have to deal with it," he stated before looking back at Dara. "How about you? Do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter