His Wish

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara closes the connecting door after she tucks the children into their beds. She's about to starts to do some studying when she heard a knock on her door. She went to the door and opens it. It was Sekyung.

 

"Sorry for disturbing you," Sekyung apologizes.

 

"No, it's fine. I'm just about to do a bit of reading before sleeping. What is it?" Dara asks. Sekyung looks in both directions of the hall before looking back at her, "Can I come in?" she smiles.

 

"Ohh!" Dara opens the door widely so Sekyung can come in. She closes the door and faces Sekyung.

 

"Is there a problem, Sekyung?"

 

Sekyung shook her head, "Everything is fine. I'm here to discuss something with you," she said. Dara waited but she felt a bit nervous.

 

"You see, Seunghyun's birthday is 3 weeks from now. I was hoping you can help me to do a small party for him. Just us family and his best friends," Sekyung stated.

 

"Sure, I will help you," Dara smiles.

 

"Good. I was doing everything for his birthday for the past years but with my condition, I don't think I can do things I used to do like running around the city to check everything for his birthday," Sekyung chuckles. Dara nods and smiles. She understands Sekyung's situation. With her condition, she can't do what she used to do.

 

"No problem, Sekyung. Just tell me what to do and I will help you," Dara assures Sekyung. Sekyung took her hand and hold it, "Thanks, Dara." She said before letting her hand go. "Good night," Sekyung heads to the door, opens it, gets out, and closes it.

 

Dara stares at the door for a while. She wonders what kind of party Sekyung wants for Seunghyun. Knowing Seunghyun for the past months, he attends parties but he's not fond of crowded places but he likes intimate parties with family and friends. Dara shrugs and went to her study table. She has three weeks to plan everything. She hopes she can execute Sekyung's surprise party for her husband well.

 

---

 

Sekyung and Dara start planning the surprise party for Seunghyun. Sekyung sets her idea with Dara and Dara gives some suggestions and Sekyung likes it. Sekyung lends Dara her black card to pay for everything on their plans but Dara told her that she will use her card but they didn't need to spend much on surprising Seunghyun since it will be in the mansion. Sekyung was used to having his husband's party in a grand function hall or a lavish club but Dara said that since Seunghyun has the kids, it's better to have a party in their home with the kids, his wife, family, and close friends. They just need a caterer, some music, and decorations.

 

Dara starts looking for the stuff they needed. She managed to inquire to 3 caterers and 4 sound system providers. One of the sound system providers even offers to make a video presentation for the birthday celebrant if they can provide those pictures of the celebrant. Dara likes the idea and she had an idea to add something to that said presentation.

 

Dara contacted Seunghyun's sister, Hyeyoun. Hyeyoun invited her to her home in Hannam.

 

Hyeyoun opens the door, "Dara!" she said.

 

"Hello, Hyeyoun-ssi," she bows.

 

"Pssh, just call me Unnie. Come in," Hyeyoun opens the door wide for her. Dara enters Hyeyoun's home.

 

"Sorry for the sudden visit," Dara apologizes. Hyeyoun directs her to the couch. "It's no problem. I'm not busy anyway. Please seat," she said. Dara sat down and looks around. Hyeyoun has a lovely home and it has Han River as a view. It looks lovely.

 

"Wait here. I'll just get you something to drink. What do you want? Coffee, Juice, Cola, or Tea?"

 

Dara smiles, "Cola will do," she said. Hyeyoun nodded and went to the kitchen. Dara sighs. She hopes that Hyeyoun can provide her with the help she needs. Hyeyoun returns with a tray of a can of cola and some finger food. She places it on the coffee table in front of Dara and sat down an arm away from Dara on the couch.

 

"So, what's it?" Hyeyoun asks.

 

"Well, Seunghyun's birthday is near and Sekyung asks me to help her to make a surprise party for him. She wanted to do it in a grand hall and club but I was thinking of doing it at home so the children can join since it will be Seunghyun's birthday with the kids," Dara stated.

 

Hyeyoun smiles at her while looking at her with adoration, "That's lovely, Dara. And you're right. Seunghyun's birthday these past years are mostly in those places. It will be lovely to have it in his home with his family," she paused, "So, do you need my help?"

 

"Yes, Unnie. I would like to ask for some pictures of Seunghyun during his younger years. For the video presentation on his birthday,"

 

"Ohh! I have lots of them! Wait here," Hyeyoun stood up and went to a hallway. Dara waited for her as she thinks of what she will do next. She needs to talk to Donghwi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter