Unexpected Guests

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara and Sekyung watch Seunghyun attend to his children who are so excited to see Pororo and his friends. Seunghyun took pictures of his kids like a stage father of some child actor.

 

“They’re adorable,” Sekyung said. Dara glances at her. Sekyung looks stunning in her branded dress and shoes but Dara can see that she’s pale and losing weight as days go by.

 

“Sekyung?”

 

Sekyung looks at her, “Hmm?”

 

“How are you, really?” Dara asks. Sekyung smiles but her eyes are sad. “I’m fine, Dara,” she said.

 

“Are you sure?” Dara inquires.

 

Sekyung nods, “Of course,” she sighs. Dara doesn’t believe her but she just let it go. Sekyung is nervous. Did she did her make up well? Maybe Dara noticed she’s pale or something. So she tries to divert Dara’s attention.

 

“How’s school?” Sekyung asks.

 

“It’s okay. We will have a group report soon. My groupmates even suggested that we make our report together this weekend but I can’t. Weekends are my only time to spend with the kids,” Dara stated.

 

“Why don’t you bring them home? Do your report there. You can use one of the guest rooms,” Sekyung suggested. Dara shrugs, “I don’t know. My groupmates, Hyoni and Kiyong, they didn’t know about the twins yet,”

 

Sekyung faces her, “Why?”

 

“They are my friends at university. They are younger than me. I don’t know if they will understand. I’m scared that they will resent or dislike me if they found out that I have them,” Dara said. Sekyung was confused.

 

“Are you ashamed of the kids?” Sekyung sounds hurt.

 

“God, no. They are everything to me. It’s just…” Dara paused, “I want to enjoy this feeling for a while,”

 

“What feeling?”

 

“Being just a regular grad student. When I’m at school, I’m just Park Sandara, a regular student taking her master’s degree. I love being a mom but I somehow missed being just me,” Dara chuckles, “Do I sound stupid?”

 

Sekyung shook her head, “No, I understand you. You lost your single life when you have the twins. It’s just right that you miss your life before you have them,” Sekyung places her hand on Dara’s shoulder, “You’re a great mom, Dara. You deserve what you have right now. I am willing to give you everything I can give for giving my husband Haneul and Haru,”

 

Dara smiles at her, “We have a weird set-up, Sekyung, but I’m grateful for everything you did for me and the kids,”

 

Sekyung laughs, “It’s nothing,” she looks at her husband, “I already achieved half of my wish before I leave Seunghyun,”

 

“Sekyung…” Dara frowns.

 

“Dara, I’ll be completely honest with you. I’m not getting any better. I will leave after a year or two. I’m grateful that Seunghyun has the kids and you,” Sekyung took Dara’s hand, “Can you promise me something?”

 

“Anything,” Dara said immediately.

 

Sekyung smiles, “When I’m gone, be there for Seunghyun even he asks you to leave him. He will be stubborn and will lash out at everyone, but don’t leave him until he’s okay. Be there when he grieves, comfort him when he cries and make him understand that he has his family, kids, and friends. Can you do that?” Sekyung asks Dara.

 

“I will do my best, Sekyung. The kids will help for sure. And I’ll be there for him as his friend,” Dara promised.

 

Sekyung nods and grins, “Thank you,”

 

“Yeobo,” Seunghyun calls his wife. Sekyung let go of Dara’s hand and approaches them. Dara watches them. She doesn’t know if she did the right thing but promising Sekyung that she’ll be there for Seunghyun when the time comes that she’s gone isn’t enough to repent for the sin she did. Dara is grateful that Sekyung treats her children well.

 

After spending hours in the Pororo theme park, they went to the mall since Seunghyun wants to buy toys for the children.

 

Kiyong just finished buying a book in a bookstore when he decided to go to the department store to buy pairs of socks since it’s already autumn and it’s getting colder. He was about to enter the department store when he saw Dara. He smiles upon seeing her but she noticed that she’s with a couple and two kids. Kiyong wonders who they are and why they look familiar. One of the kids pulled Dara’s hand so Dara picks the little girl up. Kiyong tilts his head. Is Dara a babysitter to those kids?

 

Dara and her company enter a toy store so Kiyong just went on to his shopping. He bought some socks and shaving cream since he runs out of it. He was heading to the subway when he received a call from Hyoni.

 

“Hyoni?”

 

“Kiyong!!! I think I will die soon!” Hyoni whines.

 

“What? Why?!” Kiyong starts o panic.

 

“The report I’m doing, I don’t understand a thing. And the presentation is messed up! Dara Unnie will kill me!” Hyoni sounds frustrated. Kiyong sighs in relief, “Yah, I thought something happened to you!”

 

“Kiyong, help me, please!” Hyoni pleaded.

 

“I’m outside right now. I’m just gonna drop home to get my laptop and stuff. Just send me your address,” Kiyong said. He heard Hyoni sighs, “Thank you, Yongie! You’re a sweetheart. I would love to call Unnie but she might be busy,”

 

“Speaking of Noona, I saw her a while ago. She’s with a couple and kids. I think she’s babysitting or maybe they are her relatives,” Kiyong told Hyoni.

 

“What? Unnie is strolling while we’re panicking now over this report?!” Hyoni squeaks. Kiyong wants to roll his eyes and tell her ‘You’re the only one in panic, silly!’. Kiyong clears his throat, “Knowing Noona, maybe she’s already done with her part,”

 

“How did you know? Have you seen it?” Hyoni asks.

 

“No, but you know Dara Noona, she’s advance in everything,” Kiyong points out.

 

Hyoni huffs, “I don’t think so. We should check. Hurry up. We will go to her place,”

 

“Yah! We should tell her first. What if she’s with her relatives?” Kiyong points out.

 

“Just come here, Jang Kiyong!” Hyoni said before ending the call. Kiyong stares at his phone before he sighs. Hyoni is really tactless. He just hopes that Dara isn’t home later or have all the patient in the world for Kang Hyoni.

 

---

 

“How did you get this address anyway?” Kiyong asks while sitting on the passenger side of the car as Hyoni drives to the residential area in Bucheon. When Kiyong arrived at Hyoni’s place, she’s been ready and still on her house clothes. It took her 2 hours to take a shower, pick up clothes, and do her make-up, which made Kiyong saw awkward so he just stayed on the balcony of her living room.

 

“I have a friend who works in the admin of the school. She gave me Dara’s address. It’s a fancy residential area. She must be really rich,” Hyoni grins.

 

“Yah. Noona might get upset when we come into her home without telling her first,” Kiyong points out.

 

Hyoni rolls her eyes, “It’s an urgent matter, she will understa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter