Daddy and Mama

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara is waiting outside the surgery room for hours. Haneul is undergoing a bone marrow transplant. Haru is with Minzy and Sekyung at that moment. Chaerin is with her at that moment.

Then, Jiyong arrived with Daesung. Chaerin talks to them.

"What are you doing here?" she asked them.

"Checking on Haneul and Seunghyun. Any news?" Jiyong asked.

Chaerin shook her head. "Nothing yet. We've been waiting here for hours." Chaerin looks back at her friend. Dara was praying at that moment.

"She hasn't slept since last night. She's so worried," Chaerin said.

"Everything will be okay. Seunghyun demands for a good surgeon to do the surgery." Daesung said.

Suddenly, the surgery room door opens as the doctors came out. Dara stood up and approaches them. "How is my son, doctor?" she asked.

"The surgery is a success. The patient and the donor will be in the recovery room soon. We will just observe your son for a few days and he can go home if he passed all the check-ups." the doctor said. Dara releases a deep breath and she feels like some weight is lifted on her back. "Thank you, doctor"

"You're welcome. I'll go ahead," the doctor and his colleague left them. Dara embraces Chaerin as she cries. "He's okay now, Chaerin-ah. My baby is okay," Dara said while crying. Jiyong and Daesung smile as they watch Chaerin comforts Dara.

After an hour, Seunghyun and Haneul are brought to their respective recovery room. Because of the anesthesia and sedative, they are both sleeping. Dara watches her son sleep from the outside while Sekyung was in her wheelchair, staring at her husband. Dara looks back at Sekyung.

"Sekyung-ssi?"

Sekyung looks at Dara.

"Thank you for helping my son," she said. Sekyung smiles. "Dara-yah, even Haneul, and Haru are not Seunghyun's children, if he matches your son, I will convince him to help him. The child deserves a good life. I can't have it but Haneul does," Sekyung said.

"Sekyung-ah, please be strong. Your husband still needs you," Dara said.

"I know. That's why I'm doing everything to make sure that he's happy before I leave. I was at the point that I want to find a woman for him. But I know he wouldn't want that. I'm glad that he has the twins now." she smiles weekly.

"Seunghyun asked me when we will tell the kids about him being their father. I told him that we will talk after the surgery," Dara informs her. Sekyung just nodded. "I hope you will tell them soon. I want to see the kids call him daddy. It will be so adorable,"

Dara feels sad about Sekyung. She doesn't have a child and she's getting weaker.

"The kids will love it if they call you mommy too," Dara said.

Sekyung sighs "Dara, don't pity me,"

"I don't. I admire you. Because you're strong and you're doing everything for your husband. And you being my children's second mom is really awesome. Can't you see how Haneul and Haru adore you? Haru is more open to you than her aunts. The girls are getting jealous sometimes," Dara giggled.

"I really like Haru ever since I meet her. If my first child is alive, he will be the same age as them." Sekyung looks at Dara. "By the way, where is your family? I haven't seen them,"

Dara smiles nervously. "They are not around. My family disowned me after they found out that I'm pregnant. Even my brother, he didn't talk to me ever since. My father even removed me from our family register. I'm basically an orphan now." Dara shrugs.

Sekyung can't believe what she just said. She knew that she raised her kids alone but she didn't know that her family did this to her. "I'm so sorry, Dara. I can't imagine how hard it is for you,"

"It was hard. When I found out that I'm pregnant, I was about to enroll in my master's degree. I was really scared. My friends even convinced me to tell Seunghyun but since I know that he's getting married when that happened, I didn't bother finding him. I did part-time jobs to earn money. I lived with Chaerin. My friends helped me in a way as I try to save money for the hospital. I'm glad that someone hired me as a PC shop cashier. The owner pitied my situation. I stopped working when I was 8 months pregnant. After I gave birth, I was jobless for 3 months. My friends are the ones providing for me. I feel so bad about myself at that time but the thought of my children not having a good life push me to work hard. Thank God for Minzy's former nanny. I hired her to take care of the kids as I work. She's with us until their three years old. She was a big help. Then, I start sending them to a daycare center. They are a big help too. Thankfully, I was hired as an office staff in a small advertising firm. I'm a team leader now." Dara said with a smile.

"Oh, dear. You went through a lot," Sekyung said. "You're so strong, Dara. I admire you,"

"I will go through all of that if having my children is the end of it. I will not exchange my children with anything. They are my family," Dara said. Sekyung took her hand and hold it.

"You're not alone now, Dara. I'll make sure that Seunghyun will be there for your children," Sekyung assures her. Dara smiles and nods.

The next day, Seunghyun was the first one to wake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter