Haneul and Haru

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mommy..."

"Mom... Wake up."

"Mom..."

"Mommy!!!"

Dara rises immediately. She looks at her side and saw her two angels. Haneul and Haru. Her son, Haneul, the older one just for 2 minutes, is smiling at her. Her daughter, Haru, is beside her and smiling shyly. Dara smiles and opens her arms for them and the twins hug her. The twins are celebrating their 5th birthday that day. Dara kisses their forehead.

"Happy birthday, my angels," she said. Haru giggles while Haneul kisses his mother's cheek.

"Mommy, are you going to cook seaweed soup for us?" Haru asks timidly. Dara nodded. "Of course. Then later, we will go to a restaurant where your Aunts are waiting. I heard they have gifts for the two of you." Dara told them. Haneul stood up on the bed and starts jumping excitedly.

"Yehey! Gifts!!!" Haneul screams happily.

"Okay, okay. Now, I want the two of you to freshen up. I will cook your seaweed soup now." Dara says. The two children get off her bed and run out of her room. Dara sighs. They are five years old now. It's been five years and eight months ever since she found out that she's pregnant. It was scary for her but the fact that she has Haneul and Haru in her life is more than enough for her.

---

"Auntie Chae!!!" Haneul screams as he saw Chaerin waiting for them.

"My baby boy!!!" Chaerin said excitedly. Haneul runs towards her and hugs her. Chaerin kisses his chubby cheeks. "Ommo, you're a big boy now. Are you going to have a girlfriend now?" Chaerin teases the little boy.

"Yah! Don't say that." Dara warns Chaerin as she carries Haru who looks shy again. Bom approaches them and pats Haru's back.

"Haru-yah, it's Auntie Bom. I have a gift for you." Bom says. Minzy went to the other side and show Haru a box of princess doll. "Happy birthday, Princess. Look. My gift to you." Minzy said. Haru is staring at the doll and smiles timidly.

Minzy smiles brightly. "These kids are so damn adorable."

Dara glares at her. "Words, Gong Min Ji."

Minzy covers her lips. "Sorry."

Haneul sat beside Chae Rin while Dara places Haru beside her brother. Dara sat on the head of the table while Minzy and Bom sat across the twins and Chaerin. They ordered food. Minzy went out for a while but when she returns, she's carrying a birthday cake for the children. Haneul and Haru look excited upon seeing the cake. Chaerin light up the candles for them and they sang a birthday song for them. Haneul and Haru blow the candle after the song. They clap their hands and Minzy set the cake aside. Their orders arrived and they start eating.

Chaerin's gifts are gift certificates in an amusement park. Bom's gifts are art materials for Haneul and mini-kitchen toy set for Haru. Minzy gave Haru her princess doll and a robot toy for Haneul.

After their meal, they have some dessert. Haneul told Chaerin that he's excited to go to the daycare center soon. Haru went to Minzy and Bom's seat and play with them. Dara is so happy to see her children so happy.

After their meal, they decided to go to an amusement party. Haneul is jumping in excitement while holding his robot toy. Suddenly, the boy fell on the floor. Dara thought he just tripped but when he didn't stand back up, she rushes towards her son. He's unconscious. Chaerin hurriedly went to her car followed by everybody. Dara wants to cry at that moment but she keeps a straight face and remains focus on her son. She looks at Haru who's crying on Minzy's arm. She needs to be strong for her children.

They rushed Haneul in the emergency room. They waited for an hour before the doctor came out. The doctor admitted Haneul because they found out abnormalities in his blood and he needs further examinations.

Haneul is resting in a room.

"Dara-yah, why don't you go home and pick up some stuff. We'll take care of Haneul." Chaerin said.

"I will wait for him to wake up before I do that," Dara said. She looks at her friends. "Can you entertain Haru first? Take her out so she will be distracted or something."

Minzy hold at Haru's hand. "Haru-yah, Auntie Minzy wants some icecream. Can you come with me?"

The little girl looks at her brother. "Can we buy one for Oppa?" she asks. The four women feel brokenhearted. Minzy just nodded and lead her out of the room. Dara wipes her tears.

"Minzy will take Haru to her place if you'll stay the night with Haneul. If not, I can look for Haneul for tonight." Chaerin said.

"Thank you, girls. This is a big help." Dara looks at her son. He's sleeping peacefully. "Haneul, please be okay."

---

Minzy watches Haru walk in the garden of the hospital. She feels bad for Haru. Her brother is admitted to the hospital and they still don't know why he fainted. Haru saw a butterfly and chases it. Suddenly, she bumped into a woman wearing a hospital gown and pushing her IV bottle stand. The woman steadies Haru. Haru looks up at the woman. She smiles timidly at her. The woman crouches down and smiles at her.

"Hello, Little Miss." the woman said.

"Hello," Haru answers shyly. Minzy approaches them.

"I'm sorry." Minzy apologizes to the woman. The woman shook her head. "It's fine." she looks back at Haru. "What's your name?"

"Park Haru," she mutters. "You?" she asks.

"Shin Sekyung." the woman said. Haru points at Minzy. "This is my Auntie Minzy." Sekyung bows at Minzy and she bows back.

"My Oppa has that too." Haru points at Sekyung's IV peripheral catheter.

"Really? What color does he have?" Sekyung asks curiously. Haru thinks before she answers. "Blue. But I like yours. It's pink."

"I know, right? I like the pink. Do you like pink too?" Sekyung asks happily. Haru nodded. Sekyung smiles and pats Haru's head. "I knew it. You are a princess."

Haru smiles happily at her. Minzy likes the fact that Haru is happy.

"It's my Oppa and my birthday today," Haru said to Sekyung. Sekyung looks surprised. "Really? Aigoo. Happy birthday, Park Haru." Sekyung said. She looks around, then back at Haru. "How about this? Let's meet again tomorrow. I will give you and your brother some gifts. Do you want that?"

"You don't have to, Ms. Shin." Minzy said.

"It's fine. I want to. Allow me to do it." Sekyung said. Then, she waited for Haru's answer. "So?"

"I like it. My Oppa will like it too." Haru smiles.

"Okay. Let's meet again tomorrow, okay?" Sekyung asks again. Haru nodded. Sekyung stood up and looks at Minzy.

"What does she likes? And her brother?"

"Haru likes dolls and play house stuff. Her brother, Haneul, likes art and remote-controlled toys like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter