The Truth

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Choi Seunghyun. It's you, right?" Chaerin said. Sekyung looks at her. "It's me, Lee Chaerin. Kwon Ji Yong's hoobae. We met years ago in a club." Chaerin said and smiles sheepishly at him.

"Ahhh... yes. Chaerin. Long time no see." he says awkwardly. Then, he looks at his wife. "She's Jiyong's junior in the university. She also interned in his company."

"Really? What a small world." Sekyung smiles.

"The gifts," Seunghyun said as he picks up the large paper bag of toys. He took out first the dollhouse for Haru and presents it for her. "Happy birthday, Haru-yah." he smiles at her. Haru bows to him. "Thank you." Then, he took out a high-class robot dog toy and give it to Haneul. "Happy birthday, Haneul-ah."

"Thank you, Mr. Choi," Haneul said as he bows to him before he stares at the toy. Haneul smiles and Seunghyun feels so familiar with the boy. He looks at Dara, who avoided his eyes immediately. Dara sighs. "I'll just go to the medical record section. Excuse me." Dara said and she left the room. Chaerin sat back down on the sofa while Minzy pretends to check her phone. Seunghyun looks back at Haneul. He's smiling brightly as he opens the box of the toy. Haru, on the other hand, is showing her new toy to Sekyung who is helping her to unbox it.

"Yeobo, I'll just go back to the car. I think I left my wallet there." Seunghyun said. Sekyung just smiles and nodded. Seunghyun hurriedly went out and tries to find Dara. He saw her from a distance and follows her. When he reaches her, he holds her arm to stop her. Dara looks at him. "Let's talk," he said as he gently guides her out to the garden of the hospital.

They went to the section of the garden that no people are standing by. They faced each other.

"How old are they?" Seunghyun asks.

"They just turned 5 yesterday," she answers. Seunghyun counted in his mind. When Sekyung got pregnant before, he studies the baby guide book from cover to cover. He memorized each word in that book. Then, he looks at Dara.

"Haneul and Haru are..."

"Your children, yes," Dara confessed. Seunghyun covers his lips with his hands. He has a child. No, not a child. Children. Twins. A son and a daughter. He looks back at Dara.

"And you hide this from me?" Seunghyun accused her while looking hurt.

Dara scowls at him. "What do you want me to do? Tell you when I know the fact that when we meet, it's your bachelor's party? I can't do that. We meet, got drunk, and had a one night stand. I just had with a man who is getting married. Do you know how bad I feel the day after that? I didn't even face my friends after that. Then, I found out that I'm pregnant! I was on my way to enroll for my Master's Degree but I fainted and rushed to the hospital. I have no one. My family disowned me for getting pregnant by a stranger. I have no choice. I can't even chase after you to help me because I know you're already married at that time. Can you blame me on not telling you?" she asks him.

Seunghyun rubs his face frustratedly. Then, he thought of Haneul being in the hospital. "Why is Haneul admitted in here? Is he sick?" he asks.

Dara suddenly feels emotional. Her eyes start to tear up.

"Yah! Why are you crying?" Seunghyun asks her. Then, Dara kneels in front of him. Seunghyun is surprised by her action.

"Seunghyun-ssi, please help my son." she sobs. "My Haneul is sick. He had a rare disease in his blood and he needs a bone marrow transplant. My friends and I didn't match at Haneul. The doctors suggested getting Haru examined or wait for a donor from other hospitals. He also told me that his father might be a match with him." She reaches for his hand and holds it. "Please save my son. I don't know what to do if I lose him. Haru needs her brother. Please, help me, Seunghyun-ssi."

Seunghyun feels like he's a rollercoaster of emotion. He just found out that he has twin, now his son has a blood disease and needs his help. He helped Dara stand up and steadies her.

"Of course I will help you. He's my son too. And I won't allow him nor Haru to suffer. But we have to tell my wife. I need to confess to her." Seunghyun said. Dara suddenly feels nervous.

"I don't want to cause a problem with your wife. She's a nice woman," she said.

"Don't worry. I will talk to her. I will tell her Haneul's situation." he assures her. Seunghyun sighs. "They are beautiful children. I hope I will have a chance to know them better."

"Let's discuss that after you talk to your wife," Dara said. Seunghyun agrees. "So, what do I need to do for Haneul?"

"You need to go to the laboratory to have your blood tested. They will determine if you match with Haneul." Dara explained. Seunghyun just nodded. "I will do that once Sekyung rests in her room."

"I should get back," Dara said.

"You go first. I'll come back after a few minutes." Dara left Seunghyun. He sat down on a bench nearby and think about how he will tell his wife that before they got married, he slept with a woman he just met and had children with her.

---

When Dara returns, Sekyung is playing with Haru with her new dollhouse while Chaerin plays with Haneul with his robot dog. She appr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter