Home

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara is with her children inside a rented car. They are on their way to Seunghyun and Sekyung's home. They waited until Sekyung was discharged from the hospital so she can see the kids coming to their home properly. Dara already sends some of their stuff on their home so that they will just go there when Sekyung is home.

When they arrived, Dara was amazed at how big their home is. There's just the two of them but their home is huge that Dara thinks will fit a family of 12 members. Dara took their bags before they went to ring the doorbell. Dara checks on her kids. They looked excited. She smiles. She hopes that they will adjust well in their temporary home. The gates open and they enter.

They have a beautiful entryway and as they can see, Seunghyun and Sekyung are waiting in front of the door. Beside them is an old woman in his mid-50's, wearing a helper uniform and a man in his 30's wearing a suit. The kids run towards Seunghyun and Sekyung. The couple crouches down to meet them with a hug.

"Ommo. You're finally here." Sekyung said as she pats Haru's hair.

"Daddy, you have a big house. It's bigger than our house," Haneul said while looking up at the house. Seunghyun ruffles his son's hair.

Dara approaches them and bows. "Hi." Sekyung stood up while holding Haru's hand. "Thank you for agreeing to live with us," Sekyung smiles at her.

"It's nothing. The kids are excited to spend time with the two of you," Dara said.

Seunghyun also stands up as well. "By the way, this is Han Miseok, she manages our home. And this is my executive assistant, Lee Donghwi. If you guys need help or anything, you can just ask them," Seung Hyun said. Dara bows to Miseok and Donghwi. "Nice to meet you. I'm Park Sandara,"

"Nice to meet you too, Ms. Park," Donghwi said.

"Welcome to Choi Mansion," Miseok said.

Seunghyun looks at his staff. "This is our children, Haneul and Haru,"

Haru and Haneul stood up side by side and bow to them. "Good day," they said. Donghwi and Miseok both find the kids adorable.

"Let's go in. Miseok prepared lunch," Seunghyun said. Miseok and Donghwi lead the way. Dara stays behind as she follows them.

The lunch is served and they are all enjoying it. Sekyung is taking care of Haru while Haneul eats by himself. Dara is checking on him since he eats messily sometimes.

"Dara-yah," Seunghyun calls her.

Dara looks up at Seunghyun "Yes?" she said.

"Where do you work? I want to know since our home is outside Seoul,"

"Ohh... I work in Yeoiudo. I think I saw a bus stop nearby I can check on that on how I will travel from here to work." Dara said.

"You can take a ride with me. It's on the way and you'll get there faster," Seunghyun paused. "Can you drive?"

"I can. It's required in our company, just in case," Dara said. It was true but the main reason she learned how to drive is she wanted to buy a car when she has the right amount of money so the children don't need to be bothered in public transportation.

"Use my car. It's just in the garage. We're planning to sell it but we've been busy," Sekyung said. Dara shook her head. "No need. I'll just take the bus"

"Dara, used it. It's just in the garage. You can also use it when you and the kids want to go out," Seunghyun said. Haneul and Haru look excited when Seunghyun said about going out.

"Fine. Thank you," Dara said timidly. Then, Dara remembers something. "By the way, I need to consult the two of you with something,"

"What is it?" Seunghyun asks.

"I'm planning to enroll in school. I want to finish my master's degree," Dara stated. Sekyung looks at her husband. Seunghyun is staring at Dara sternly.

Dara breathes in before she speaks. "Haneul and Haru are not starting school yet. We can enroll them in pre-school but that won't take too much time. Since we're sharing responsibilities now, I want to take this chance to go back to school and finish my degree. Having a master's degree will help me a lot to find a more beneficial job." Dara babbles. She looks at Sekyung and Seunghyun nervously.

"Actually, my wife and I talked about that. We would like to offer you a scholarship to any university you want for your master's degree. We will provide anything you need. Books, projects, school fees, allowance, everything. It is my way of giving back to you what you've missed. And I hope you won't refuse it," Seunghyun said.

Dara wants to cry at that moment. She wasn't expecting it even Minzy and Chaerin were sure about it. She just smiles and bows to them.

"We'll discuss it later after you guys settled in," Seunghyun smiles at him. Dara just nods and looks away. Honestly, Seunghyun's smile is what made her into him when she met him back then. She glances at Sekyung, she smiling as she watching Haru eats. Dara sighs. Sekyung is really lucky to have Seunghyun in her life.

After their meal, the kids were sleepy so Dara settles them to their room. Seunghyun and Sekyung provide them with two rooms with an adjoining door. Dara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter