Mother

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wish I could come," Sekyung told her husband.

 

"It will be exhausting for you, love. I will update you about the event, okay?" Seunghyun squeezes her side, and Sekyung smiles. Dara came down and dressed up casually for the event. 

 

“Are you ready?”

 

“Yes,” Dara answered. Dara looks at their children who both looked eager to run back to the garden and play. She crouches down and hugs them. "Don't give Mama a hard time, okay?"

 

"Yes, Mommy," the twin said in unison.

 

Dara let go of the children and follows Seunghyun outside the mansion to his car. Donghwi opens the door for them. Seunghyun went in first, and Dara follows. Donghwi closes the back passenger’s seat door and enters the front seat.

 

Dara and Seunghyun are sharing a ride together for two weeks now. When they came home from work and home, Youngbae was the one who drives Sekyung and the children home. Apparently, Sekyung’s car was accidentally got hit by a truck while she, Hyorin, and the kids are eating in a restaurant, and the car was parked outside. The truck driver was old, and the truck was a loose break. Thankfully, it was only the car that got hit, and no one was injured besides the driver who got a few bruises. Sekyung didn’t complain because he pities the old man, but her car was wrecked. The insurance assures her that it will be fixed, and they can replace it with the same unit, but it will take two months since it will come from the manufacturer from Europe.

 

Sekyung offered Dara to use the other car, but she feels guilty of using it so, she said she will just commute or find a car using her own money. Sekyung suggested that she should take a ride with Seunghyun instead. Dara just agreed.

 

Dara and Seunghyun are on their way to the charity event that Seunghyun and his friends organized. Dara helped with the program, and Seunghyun was impressed by her ability. She managed to get a band to play some live songs and more volunteers.

 

Dara received a message from her friends that they arrived at the event already.

 

"My friends are already in the location," Dara informs Seunghyun. Seunghyun just nodded. "I'll tell Daesung so they will be brief by the event," Seunghyun glances at Dara "Who are these friends, again?"

 

Dara sighs and smiles at him, "Chaerin, Bom, Minzy, Hyoni, Kiyong, Minho and Ilwoo," she stated.

 

"Ilwoo? I thought he's injured?" Seunghyun scowls.

 

"He's okay already. He wants to help. And we get all the help we needed," Dara said while tapping on her phone. Seunghyun sighs before looking outside the window. It will be a long day.

 

When they arrived at the event, the elderly are all in the compound's auditorium. Dara meets her friends, and Seunghyun meets his friends. Seunghyun can see Dara talking to them while Ilwoo is standing beside her.

 

"So Dara brought her friends," Daesung said, "The tall woman will host with Seungri. They have already been brief about it,"

 

"Good. Is everything ready?" Seunghyun asks.

 

"Yes. We will start in 10 minutes," Jiyong stretches his arm before looking at Seungri "Yah! Don't blabber too much,"

 

"I know, I know," Seungri said.

 

"Yeobo, I will join Dara's group and give their assignments, okay?" Hyorin told her husband. Youngbae smiles before kissing her forehead, "Go ahead," he said.

 

Hyorin left the group and approached Dara and her friends.

 

"Hi, everyone," she greets them. Dara was about to greet back when Minho held his hand out first to her. "Hi, I'm Lee Minho," he said.

 

Hyorin smiles at him "Hi, I'm Min Hyorin, wife of one of the organizers of this event," she just bowed to him. Minho pulls his hand back and steps back to his place. The group chuckled at his action.

 

"Dara, I will assign all of you in a particular task, is that okay?" Hyorin asks.

 

"Sure," Dara nods.

 

"Okay. So, Chaerin, Minzy, and Bom will be on the audience to help the elderly if they need something. Hyoni is doing the hosting with Seungri. Kiyong and Minho with help arranging the food for later, and Dara and Ilwoo will be on the backstage for assistance. Is that okay?"

 

The group just nodded at Hyorin. Then, Hyorin pointed them to their assigned station, and they all went to their position. Dara helped Hyoni on her script while Ilwoo went out to get some water for the host. When he returns, Dara was standing on the side as the program starts. Ilwoo offers bottled water to her, and she accepts it.

 

Seunghyun went backstage to check everything and saw Ilwoo and Dara standing side by side. Seunghyun doesn't understand, but he feels annoyed to see Dara with Ilwoo. 

 

After the twenty minutes program, the band that Dara hired starts to play old songs. Dara was glad that she remembers this band for playing not just modern songs, but they are fond of old songs too.

 

The medical mission was on the run first. Each elderly got their check-up. They were checked by doctors, given maintenance medicine, and directs them back to their seats for their meal.

 

They start distributing the food for the elderly in each table. All volunteers and organizers are helping the elderly. Dara is assisting an elderly woman in her meal.

 

"You're so kind, young lady," the woman said.

 

"It's nothing, ma'am," Dara said as she feeds the woman. The woman chewed her food before she speaks again. "What's your name, dear?"

 

"Dara. Park Sandara," Dara smiles at her.

 

"What a beautiful name. I'm Ko Hye In,"

 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Ko,"

 

Hye In smiles, "Dear, would it be too much if you call me 'Mother'?"

 

Dara blinks at the woman. Hye In looks embarrassed, "I'm sorry. It's just I haven't seen my children for two decades since they went to America. Even when I was brought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter