The Choi Heirs

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun asked Donghwi to entertain the children for a while. Seunghyun, Sekyung, and Dara will have a conversation regarding the lunch party and changing the twins' surname from Park to Choi. The couple is waiting for Dara at Seunghyun's home office. Dara just checks the children with Donghwi on the mini-playground that Seunghyun arranged for the children before she enters the office and sat on the sofa across the couple.

Sekyung speaks first, "To begin with, I want to apologize for not consulting you first regarding the lunch party. I was just excited to introduce them to our family and friends. It was insensitive of me for not asking your permission first," she said.

"This is not just about the part or what I feel. It's about the twins. I prepared them before I told them that Seunghyun is their father and that we will live with you. I don't want to put them in front of these people that they will meet for the first time just like that. I know that they are your family and friends, but whether you like it or not, Haneul and Haru are the results of Seunghyun's betrayal a week before your wedding. Whether we know it or not, they are that, and I don't want anyone to cause harm or make them feel bad for existing," Dara says.

Sekyung glances at her husband. Seunghyun was staring sternly at Dara. She can't read what's in his mind but Sekyung understands Dara's opinion about the lunch party.

"I understand where this coming from. Just so you know, I will never let that happened to our children. I will protect them at all costs. And let's be real here. People will know about them sooner or later. This will be just a heads-up to the people that matter to us. I assure you that when the times come that people will know about Hanuel and Haru, I will protect them to anyone that will harm them." Seunghyun promised. Sekyung squeezes her husband in support. Dara just sighs. As much as Seunghyun's promise is assuring her, she still feels worried about the twins.

"Okay. But who will you invite to this party?" Dara asks skeptically.

"My wife and I only invited our friends, the one you meet in the club years ago, my sister and Mom, and Sekyung's best friend. Her parents wouldn't be present since they are estranged ever since she received her inheritance from her grandmother. You can invite your friends as well if that will make you comfortable. It's just a casual party. Nothing extravagant, just to celebrate the twins." Seunghyun said. Dara rubs her palms on her pants. She doesn't feel well about the situation. She's torn between keeping the twins away from the judgment of the people to letting Seunghyun introduce his children to their loved ones.

"Dara?"

Dara looks up to Seunghyun. Seunghyun smiles at him "It's okay if you're not ready. Just think about it for now." He paused. "But you must understand that as much as my wife wanted this, I want this too. I want to tell everyone that I am a father to two beautiful children; at least I could say that to my family and friends for now. But I will respect whatever decision you will make," he said.

Dara looks away at him and stares down at her lap. Seunghyun smiling at him still has an effect on her. But she learned how to divert the butterflies on her stomach to stop fluttering crazily.

"I know that. Keep what you just said or we're leaving if my children are harmed even just a word from them. They can judge me all they want but not the twins. Not my babies..." Dara mutters. Sekyung let go of her husband's hand and stood up. She went to Dara's side and sat down. She took her hands and holds it. Dara looks up at her.

"Dara, you don't have to worry about anything. We will protect you too along with the kids. Seunghyun and I will talk to the people that will be at the lunch party before the actual event so they will understand the situation." Sekyung smiles at her. Dara hates it that Seunghyun and Sekyung's smiles assure her that everything will be okay.

"Also, someone is coming today to join this meeting," Seunghyun said. Dara looks at Seunghyun. "Who?"

The door opens and Miseok bows to them "Attorney Yoo has arrived, sir," she said.

"Let him in," Seunghyun stood up. Sekyung let go of Dara's hands and stands up too. She went beside her husband. Dara stands up and faces the door. A man in his 50's went in. The man greets Seunghyun and Sekyung first before looking at her.

"Dara, this is our family lawyer, Yoo Haejin," Seunghyun said. Haejin held his hand out for Dara and she shook his hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Park. Seunghyun already informed me about you," Haejin said. Dara just nods as she pulls her hand back. She glances at Sekyung and Seunghyun for an explanation.

"Let's have a seat," Seunghyun said as he helps his wife to sit first. Haejin sat on the sofa with Dara but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter