Mystery Date

Heart Signal (NCT127 Edition)

Hello Love Signals,

Are you surprised to get a message from us? We will be revealing the ladies occupation tonight at the same time we are giving you a mission to prepare.

Mystery Date 22-04-20

Anonymously prepare a gift for your love interest by tonight and place it at the common space area table on the second floor of the Signal House. You will have a date with the person who picks your gift. In the box, write down the place for the date. Goodluck! ~Love panellist

“Did you received the message Young-wonnie?” asked Johnny to Young-won who was still looking at her phone.

“Eo.. Should we go buy it together before we head back home?” Young-won responded.

Johnny and Young-won went to get lunch and walk around Myeongdong to get their gifts. Wonder who are they getting their gifts for? Will they end up buying something for each other? Only them will know.


 

Back at the Signal House, Jaehyun who was sleeping earlier woke up and got ready to leave the house after receiving the Love Message. He was excited to finally go out of the house. He proceed to the Signal House carpark and started the car engine. He then switch on his favourite love song “I like me better” by Lauv as the car starts to move. He was loudly singing along to it as he was in good mood.

DSCF6755.jpg

Youngjae’s POV

After receiving the Love message, she has no idea what to get for her love interest. She is still unsure on who is her love interest at the Signal House. “Johnny? Ayyyyyy really Youngjae yah?” She mumbled to herself. She started to smile to herself when Jungwoo’s image came to her mind.

Frankly speaking, she always had like him in NCT. He was her first love and there was nobody that compared to him. He had her going crazy everytime. She was starstruck. He made her heart pound and skip a beat when she saw him at the Signal house for the first time. But after hanging out with him and the rest, she feels like she is no match for Jungwoo. He is so amazing and now her heart is breaking because she thinks that Jungwoo only sees her as a friend.

Nevertheless, she continued walking around Myeongdong after class when she bumped into Young-won eonnie and Johnny.

“Eookk.. Eonnie!!!” Youngjae exclaimed.

“Youngjae.. Youngjae.. Yoo Youngjae.. It’s so nice to see you here. What are you doing here?” asked Young-won.

“I’m looking for a gift for the mission.”

“AHHHH MAJAAAAA.. oh then let’s hangout together then. We can go back home together after this.” Said Johnny.

“Oh. Geurae.. Kaja..” Youngjae responded while linking her arms with Young-won.


 

Yun-ha’s POV

It was almost time to knock off work and she was still thinking what she should get for Jaehyun for the love mission. She was certain that Jaehyun will pick out sometime nice for her so she figured that she should get something that he would like. Like Perfume? Candles? Accessories? Ahhh Yuno-sshi really have almost everything.

He is Mr. Perfect. Smart, dapper and handsome. To top it all off, he has dimples that when he smiles at her. She almost had a heart attack. Jaehyun was never afraid to show her, his silly sides. Which was why she actually opened to liking him as a person instead of an idol that she adored.

Yun-ha started to pack her bag and clock out from her office. She then went to the nearest Shopping Mall, LOTTE near her workplace. She went into Bath and Body works to get scented candles. She picked out a cedarwood scent for Jaehyun. The scent smelled like him she thought. After paying, she quickly walked out of the mall and took a cab ride home.


 

Jaehyun’s POV

“Yah.. Eodiya?” said Jaehyun on speaker mode calling Haechan in his car.

“Oh.. we are almost done with Radio. Wae Hyung?” answered Haechan.

“Arasso.. I’ll come and pick the two of you up. We need to get gifts anyways for the love mission.”

“Ahhh okayyy..okayyee. See you in half an hour hyung?” uttered Haechan.

“Eo. Kkeneo..” answered Jaehyun pressing the button on the steering wheel to end the call. He then made his way to MBC Broadcast station to fetch Haechan and Jungwoo.

While waiting for the boys to come down to the MBC carpark. He was listing down what Yun-ha might like. It has only been like two days of him getting to know her. So he don’t really know what she likes. Her field of work still puzzles him. He has no clue at all what she does for a living. Its making his heart flutter knowing that he has to go through all this process of getting closer to someone that he is attracted to.

Yun-ha is definitely his ideal type. Smart, pretty and stylish. She is goofy but also shy at times. He likes it when she smiles showing her dimples. It’s amazing how both him and Yun-ha look alike at times. After all those romantic thoughts of her. Jaehyun found himself looking at his selca with Yun-ha on his phone. He was admiring her beauty as the thought of red lipstick came to his mind. “Lighttttbulb..” said Jaehyun with the annoying Gru voice from Despicable Me.

Haechan and Jungwoo finally approached the car when they saw Jaehyun smiling to himself. They knocked on the window to make Jaehyun snap out of it. He was too invested to Yun-ha in his brain already that he looks like an idiot smiling to himself. They got in the car teasing Jaehyun who was lovestruck. They made their way to Hongdae to do some shopping.


 

96a6c668182865.5b544b50424a6.jpg

Jungwoo’s POV

He went in Kakao Friends to pick out a gift for Youngjae. He walked around the store and started filling up his basket. He got too excited buying cute stuff for his love interest. He couldn’t really choose one thing because everything was just so Youngjae’s style. He always try to take notes of what Youngjae wore, like her phone cover, her hair pins and etc.

He once saw Youngjae sitting at the common space area on the second floor reading a book. And he spotted a Ryan themed bookmark stucked on the book. That is where he got his inspiration from to get Youngjae’s gift. When he was done picking out the things he quickly went to the cashier and pay. He went to find Haechan and Jaehyun who were at Naturè Republic.

He also picked out some stuff for Youngjae again as he couldn’t get her out his mind as of now. Is he lovestruck too? You may say so.

The three of them got what they were looking for. They also bought food takeout for dinner and went back home to the Signal house.


 

At the Signal House

The girls were getting dressed nicely for dinner and also because tonight their occupation will be reveal. So they thought they got to look presentable at least. Young-won wearing her usual black top and pants looking chic, Yun-ha wearing pastel coloured clothing making her look really cosy and feminine. Youngjae was also wearing the same colour palette matching her bestfriend.

The boys on the Third floor were busy wrapping up their gifts in a box. Paying attention to the details trying to win a date with the ladies. Haechan who was usually playful also put in effort to wrap up his gift nicely. Finally making him look like a real gentleman. They then placed the gifts at the second floor common space area table on their way down for dinner.

Dinner was on Jaehyun who bought Chicken from KyoChon and tteokbokki from the street food carts at Hongdae. All of them were chatting about their days. Johnny told them about his “date” with Young-won earlier. About how he got his fortune told.

“Yahhh. You’re not supposed to tell people about your fortune. Its bad luck” said Young-won nudging Johnny at her side.

“Oh then you knowing my fortune is Goodluck?” answered Johnny widening his honey brown eyes teasing Young-won.

“No. But hey that’s not fair. We went together so it doesn’t count!” said Young-won flicking Johnny forehead.

They continued bickering while the rest were just laughing at their antics. After dinner they all went up to the second floor common space area for the reveal. It turns out that The Love Panellist had set up a video montage of the ladies. They all sat still to watch the video. The girls were trying not to cringe upon seeing themselves on screen. Yun-ha was almost cursing when she saw her face on the tv. Jaehyun looked at her smiling from ear to ear at how cute she was being embarrassed.

The video montage showcases the ladies occupation starting from Young-won.

tourguide_cropped.jpg

Lee Young Won, 27. (A Freelance Tour-guide and Photographer)

She is chic and detailed oriented. The video then showcase her with her guided tours at Jeju-do, Busan and Seoul. She is also an aspiring street photographer. She takes photos of random people on the street and editing it to make it look like an editorial shoot.

The video then progresses to Yun-ha.

maxresdefault.jpg

Kim Yun-ha, 25. (Fashion Editor of Teen Vogue Magazine)

She is fashionable, stylish and blunt. Sharp with her words during work hours and a perfectionist. The video then showed her at work during Seoul Fashion Week last year where NCT participated as guests.

Haechan then looked at Yun-ha saying, “AHHHH No wonder you looked very familiar. We saw you before!” Yun-ha just nodded and blushed throughout her video being played.

Last but not least, Youngjae.

4.jpg

Yoo Youngjae, 25. Ehwa Univ. Mass-Communication Degree Student

Smart, pretty and quirky. She is one of the top GPA students of her cohort. Showcasing her focusing her in class and helping her friends out during group project. They also showcased her going to Neo City Concert in Seoul with her bestfriend Yun-ha. Fangirling at their best.

The video montage ended with all of them applausing. The NCT members were all very impressed with the ladies occupation. It made them more attractive than before. Jungwoo looked at Youngjae with loving eyes making Youngjae blush.

“You ladies are so talented and WOW. Marvelous!” Haechan speaking up like an excited child.

“I didn’t know you were a tour guide. Is that why you took language classes when we met like five years ago?” asked Johnny to Young-won.

“Ya, now you guys know. Young-wonnie and I used to go to the same language private school in Seoul. It was before we debuted. I came from Chicago and had to learn how to speak Korean fluently.” Johnny explained to them.

“No wonder both of you know each other. But that was five years ago. Did something happened back then that we don’t know? Cause the two look like yall had a Some going on before.” Asked Yun-ha curious.

Johnny and Young-won just looked at each other blushing. Everyone started singing “I believe…..” a song from Shin Seung Hun as a background music. The group conversation immediately stop when a video was being played on the TV screen.

Dear Love Signals

It is now time for you to pick your gift for your Date. May you pick the right gift and spend a romantic date with your love interest tomorrow. Goodluck! ~Love Panellist

They tooked turns picking out the gifts that was prepared anonymously. Although most of them went shopping together. They were still clueless on who the gifts belong to. There were a total of seven gifts. All of them rock paper scissors in order for them to get an extra gift in return because their headcount were uneven. Young-won won the game and she will be going on two dates tomorrow.

There was a clear difference between the ladies and guys choice of wrapping. They took turns on choosing and it ended with the gift order being;

Young-won – Jaehyun’s Gift and Haechan’s Gift.

Yun-ha – Johnny’s gift

Youngjae – Jungwoo’s Gift

Johnny – Yun-ha’s Gift

Jaehyun – Young-won’s Gift

Jungwoo – Youngjae’s Gift

Haechan with none but he still got to date Young-won tomorrow. That he is thankful for. At least he won’t be alone. He hates being alone.

The gift exchange ended being unexpected fun and exciting. They went back to their respective rooms and ponder on what is going to happen tomorrow for the dates. All the love signals ended their day and slept with a smile.


-Omo i'm so excited for their dates. Would we finally see Youngjae and Jungwoo love spark?? To be continued in the next chapter!-

This chapter was inspired by the song Baby by Justin Bieber https://open.spotify.com/track/6epn3r7S14KUqlReYr77hA?si=VAcGZfSuR1y_ctXAsmwm5A