@ DIA's

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

At an ungodly (by a tired idol’s standards) hour the quiet pit-a-pat of someone’s socked feet wakes Chaeyeon up. The girl silently groans and just listens, not opening her eyes. Eyes are useless right now, she consoles herself, pretending she is not opening her eyes for this reason. (Not because the sun is burning even through her puffy eyelids.)
Yesterday DIA’s dorm saw some heavy drinking and crying. Chaeyeon faintly remembers Cat’s arrogant boasting, Yebin clinging onto her, Eunchae’s slurry rap, Jooeun’s sudden blackout, and rows — and rows, and rows — of empty wine bottles. Chaeyeon weakly traces her face with her fingertips, trying to assess the damage. She finds the damage to be extensive, and deems it necessary to diminish it before anyone — except for that unknown creeper — sees it. She cracks one eye open.
Heehyun is dead asleep, and nothing will wake her up any time soon, except maybe grilled meat, but even that might be deemed too insignificant. Good. One down, six to go. She pries the door open, and is greeted with a complete silence.
Chaeyeon peeks into Jooeun’s room, expecting to find the girl in her bed, as well, but she is surprised to see there is no one there. She hears the creeper again, and decides to scare whomever this is for waking her up.
She finds the creeper at the door: Jooeun is speedily putting her shoes on. She’s wearing make up, her mask is hanging on the right ear, ready to hide the famous face. 
«Bye, Chae», she says and briefly hugs the sleepy beauty, «I’m running late. I’ll be back at… 22:00 or 23:00? Bye, kiss appa for me, I didn’t get to squeeze her enough yesterday!»
Chaeyeon shakes her head, this particular militaristic way of telling the time has infected a new person; finally, someone to understand Eunice who still uses those ‘hundreds’.
As the door shuts, Chaeyeon finds herself in front of the bathroom mirror, left alone with lazy thoughts about the logistics of Jooeun’s free day. Whatever will she and her girlfriend do for twelve hours? Did Jooeun just sacrifice a chance to sleep for another hour with Hyunjin? And why does Hyunjin never, ever visit their dorm?
Having battled — or, at least, hidden — the puffiness of her face with a pair of eye patches, Chaeyeon is ready to face the world. Today’s plans: a bit of cooking, lots of lazying around, maybe a walk: she won’t be really needed here. Jooeun went out, and Heehyun will spend this day productively: listening to the music and gazing at the sky. Maybe, Chaeyeon will join her in this peaceful amusement. But first, breakfast.
She thanks her meticulousness in maintaining her morning routine upon finding the kitchen occupied by a person who would definitely kiss Eunice for Jooeun. These legs aren’t DIA’s, and neither is this voice, thinks Chaeyeon, listening to gugudan’s main vocalist’s humming the melody of ‘The Boots’. Chaeyeon raps her knuckles on the door frame.
Disheveled, but fairly awake, Haebin presents Chaeyeon with a charming, if somewhat awkward, smile and wishes her — very politely! — a good morning. She is visiting Eunice and, from the look of it, has spent the night here. Haebin must have come very well after midnight, when Chaeyeon was a

Please log in to read the full chapter