Rescue

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The music stopped as Ji Hyo shot another apologetic look over Code Kunst and Nucksal. Just a moment ago, they were all fooling around and the rising duo was playing along with Se Chan’s jokes. However, as soon as she began her fourth round in the recording booth, she noticed the sudden change of expression on their faces. Their eyebrows knitted in a deep thought and their mouths twitched downwards forming a frown. The atmosphere shifted into a sullen mood. To make matters worse, she found herself in a more embarrassing situation when Nucksal came to her aid with a bottle of water in an attempt to calm her nerves down.

 

“Your voice is shaking,” he informed her, “Do you want to try recording while sitting down? That might help.”

 

“Ani, gwenchana. I’ll try again,” she cleared and adjusted the headset to prepare herself for another go.

 

“Ji Hyo noona, it’s okay. Just be yourself. We’ve got plenty of time,” Se Chan cheered her on.

 

She closed her eyes and silently gave herself a pep talk. You can do this. You’ve already practiced. You’re getting the hang of it.

 

“Hey noona, are you ready? We can resume recording a bit later,” Nucksal announced.

 

“Ani, it’s okay. I can try again, ” she forced a smile.

 

The music kicked off once more as Code Kunst’s eyes stared into the monitor screen while listening thoroughly to Ji Hyo’s voice.

 

“This really isn’t good,” Nucksal whispered and Code Kunst gave a slight nod.

 

While adjusting a few bars on the computer, Code Kunst called Se Chan’s attention, “Hyung, is there any way we could get noona to relax? Her pitch has become shakier than earlier.”

 

“Ah,” Se Chan murmured, “How long can we extend our recording?”

 

“Hmm, we’re practically free the whole day. You think noona would be able to finish by tonight or should we reschedule?” Nucksal responded.

 

Se Chan’s lip curled, “She’s gonna feel worse if we prolong this. I think I’ll be able to pull some strings to help her out but give me an hour to coordinate everything.”

 

“Cool. We should take a break after this,” Code Kunst declared.

 

“Agreed,” Nucksal said while swinging his head to the beat.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

“That was great, noona. Let’s take a break first,” Nucksal smiled upon ending the recording.

 

Ji Hyo awkwardly returned to the boys and apologized for the nth time, “Joesonghamnida. I’m causing so much trouble for all of you.”

 

“Noona, don’t mention it. We’re going to take care of you,” Code Kunst assured her, “We just need you to chill.”

 

“You sure you could still handle my mess?” she looked at them uneasy.

 

“Yah, didn’t we tell you that we’ve got technology to help you out,” Nucksal snickered.

 

“They’re con artists! We’re in the right place, noona!” Se Chan exclaimed.

 

Everyone laughed while Ji Hyo smiled a little, maintaining her stiff countenance.

 

“Anyway, I ordered some snacks for us. It should be here any minute,” Se Chan said while secretly eyeing at the duo of his plan to help Ji Hyo calm down.

 

“Omo, you did? Let me pay for it when it arrives. It’s the least I could do for the inconvenience I’ve caused,” she offered but Se Chan shook his head and waved his hands in the air.

 

“No need noona. It’s my treat. It has already been paid for,” Se Chan said.

 

“What? That won’t do,” Ji Hyo stood up and busied herself searching for her wallet in her bag, “I insist, tell me how much do I owe you.”

 

“Ahh noona, there’s no way you could pay me back,” Se Chan argued.

 

“Ayeee. Is this how you’re like? How much food are we talking about?” Code Kunst teased.

 

“Yah, Se Chan, are you gonna start bragging about your money now?” Ji Hyo smirked while handing him some cash.

 

Se Chan refused and pushed her hand away, “I can’t take that!”

 

“Yes, you can,” she tried to shove it in his hand but he kept avoiding her attack by running away in the cramped studio.

 

“YAH, YANG SE CHAN!” Ji Hyo yelled in frustration.

 

“Yah, Song Ji Hyo. You’re already getting mad? Drinking hours haven’t even started yet,” Jong Kook suddenly barged in the room and everyone’s heads turned towards him as he carried a bag of food from one of her feel good go-to restaurants

 

“Oppa?” Ji Hyo was puzzled at the sight of Jong Kook standing in front of her.

 

“Hyung! You made it!” Se Chan happily greeted Jong Kook in relief as he successfully escaped Ji Hyo’s attention, for now.

 

Code Kunst and Nucksal were also caught in a surprise as they bowed and welcomed Jong Kook’s arrival in their studio.

 

“Here you go, special delivery,” Jong Kook raised the take out bag and smiled widely at Ji Hyo.

 

“So he’s the secret weapon?” Nucksal nudged Code Kunst by the elbow.

 

“It could be the food?” Code Kunst shrugged.

 

“What are you doing here? Don’t you have to meet with Dong Hoon and Gummy too?” Ji Hyo asked.

 

Before Jong Kook could respond, Se Chan anxiously took the bag from Jong Kook’s hand and took it to the table, “Waaaah! Thanks hyung. You’re the best!”

 

Ji Hyo suspiciously eyed at Se Chan and checked the camera crew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter