Zero

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zero. The number of total wins Se Chan, So Min, Kwangsoo, and Sun Bin had accumulated after playing against Jong Kook and Ji Hyo.

 

The crew was at So Min’s place on a special visit, upon her request and much persuasion that she had been feeling bored and lonely after Se Chan and Kwangsoo’s punishment, emphasizing that she only had a few days left before she goes back on Running Man and yet none of the members, particularly the maknae line, had still met up with her for drinks.

 

Se Chan, who felt absolutely guilty about this, tried his best to convince Kwangsoo into joining him for a more appropriate visit to her apartment. Surprisingly his hyung wouldn't budge.

 

“Yah, did you realize how pathetic and awkward I looked being in the same room with you guys? You acted like teenagers in a constant struggle of push and pull. No! I’m not gonna be in the middle of that, again,” Kwangsoo argued.

 

“Wahhh Hyung, It’s not like that! You know we’re just friends!” Se Chan strongly denied it. “You guys were the ones who made things awkward between us. If you didn’t tease us on the show, this would’ve been normal.”

 

“Would’ve been, but it’s not,” Kwangsoo emphasized in a teasing tone. “Tell you what, if you could bring the other members along, I might just change my mind.”

 

Unfortunately for Se Chan, the only members who had agreed and were available at their planned date were his Ji Hyo noona and Jong Kook hyung: the other couple among their group who certainly loved to play matchmaker with their dongsaengs. The moment Kwangsoo found out about this arrangement, he smugly responded with a final wager, “I’m bringing Sun Bin with me. Take it or leave it.”

 

Se Chan sighed in defeat and accepted his fate. It’s just one night afterall. His friends wouldn’t spend their visit to So Min just so they could tease them, right? They were there for her as friends who considered each other as family, and that’s what matters or what should be of greater importance. Well, joke’s on him cause he was absolutely wrong.

 

Sure, they all started fussing over So Min over dinner but when the drinks came out (with Jong Kook’s exemption as usual) and the hour had passed, the hyungs began to make fun of them. So Min had grown into their jokes (missed their teasing after weeks of rest, if she could be more frank about it) and had played along but poor Se Chan’s face had turned red from their friends’ endless teasing and the increased alcohol intake every time he was put on the spot. To make matters worse, Sun Bin discovered So Min’s customized truth or dare jenga blocks that were sitting in the corner of her living room — a familiar sight that she has accustomed herself with when she’s with her friends for a crazy night out. A light bulb popped in her head and proposed that they play the game, adding fuel to the fire of getting So Min and Se Chan together.

 

“Oppa, this is a perfect game for these two!” Sun Bin animatedly nudged Kwangsoo after taking the blocks out from the corner.

 

Kwangsoo rubbed his palms together with a wide grin on his face, “OK! Let’s play it then.”

 

So Min laughed upon seeing the duo openly and shamelessly plot against her and Se Chan. She ignored their excitement and arranged the blocks on her coffee table while explaining how the game works: Each block contains a truth or dare mission. If a player fails the mission, chooses to pass, or accidentally knocks off the blocks, he or she must drink up.

 

“Ah, this game,” Ji Hyo softly spoke under her breath.

 

“But I don’t drink,” Jong Kook immediately protested.

 

“Hyung, not even for tonight?!” Se Chan scratched his head, “If anyone should be complaining, it should be me. You’ve all been ganging up on me all evening.”

 

“Aigoo, here goes the party pooper,” So Min mumbled.

 

“Just give him a shot of soda. That should suffice,” Kwangsoo blurted.

 

“Yah! That’s too heavy! Besides, I’m the designated driver.”

 

“You know we can always call for a service,” Ji Hyo rolled her eyes.

 

“So they can see how loud and crazy you become once you’re drunk?” Jong Kook teased.

 

Ji Hyo’s mouth twitched, “Aish, stop nagging! Soju or soda?”

 

“Soda,” Jong Kook smiled as he turned his face towards Ji Hyo and leaned closer to kiss the corner of . Groans could be heard from Se Chan and Kwangsoo and while cute and giddy giggles slipped from the ladies upon witnessing Jong Kook fold.

 

“HYUNG! Stop doing that!” Se Chan complained.

 

“Ji Hyo unnie really has him wrapped around his finger,” Sun Bin noted.

 

“Wae? If you would only listen to us then you wouldn’t be moping about being single. Don’t you think so, So Min?” Jong Kook retorted.

 

So Min casted a glance over Se Chan and scoffed, “I don’t know oppa. It seems like a lost cause.”

 

“So Min, you don’t know that. He’s probably just shy. He’ll grow into it. In fact, he was the one who arranged this whole thing for you,” Ji Hyo proudly grinned.

 

“Really?” So Min formed a smile and gawked at Se Chan, “You did all of this?”

 

Se Chan was flustered. He didn’t expect that his Ji Hyo noona would reveal that, “Why is everyone making a huge deal out of this? You were the one who wouldn’t stop nagging me about this visit!” he defensively pointed at So Min.

 

Kwangsoo slapped his thigh, “Yah, just make up your mind — you either want her and not.”

 

“WAAAH Can we just play?!” Se Chan frustratedly yelped.

 

“CALL!” So Min couldn’t wipe the smile off her face.

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sun Bin took the first turn, easily sliding the middle block out of its place and read her mission: DARE — Impersonate your partner’s parent.

 

“Oh my god,” Sun Bin covered with her hands. “Is this even legal?”

 

“You wanted this!”

 

“I thought you already knew how to play?”

 

“Hey you’re drinking if you’re not gonna do this!”

 

“Yah, I’d like to see you try,” Kwangsoo chuckled, “Who do you want to impersonate, Appa or Omma?”

 

“OOH, where’s my phone?!” Ji Hyo frantically searched Jong Kook’s pockets.

 

“Aww this is so embarrassing!” Sun Bin bit her lip and worriedly glanced at the block.

 

Jong Kook handed Ji Hyo’s phone and his girlfriend excitedly her video, ready to capture the moment, “Come on Sun Bin — this is gonna be good!”

 

“Aigoo, unnie! Let’s not go that far. Oppa’s parents might see!!” Sun Bin fanned herself using her hands as she was starting to sweat.

 

“Just go for it,” Kwangsoo smiled and encouraged his girlfriend.

 

Sun Bin closed her eyes and screamed, “KWANGSOO!!!”

 

Stunned, Kwangsoo raised his hand to his mouth, “YAH, you gave me chills! You sound just like omma!”

 

The rest of their friends had started laughing and Ji Hyo was tearing up as she saw the video on constant replay on her phone.

 

“Daebak, Sun Bin. We’ll need to call you next time if he needs a scolding,” Se Chan gave her a thumbs up.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Se Chan came up next. Just like Sun Bin, he took advantage of the middle blocks that were still accessible at the early stage of the game. TRUTH — Have you ever accidentally sent a wrong intimate message to a colleague?

 

“Yah, Jeon So Min, are all of these a couples truth or dare game?!” Se Chan called her out.

 

“Of course! Why else would I keep a jenga box for myself?” So Min answered.

 

“Do you play these when boys come over?” Kwangsoo snickered.

 

“Oppa! You know it’s not like that,” So Min tucked a strand under her hair.

 

“OK, Se Chan, answer the truth,” Jong Kook demanded.

 

“No, I haven’t,” Se Chan confidently replied.

 

“Wait up! So Min-ah, take out your phone and check if he ever sent you any of those messages,” Ji Hyo suggested and So Min’s eyes lit up while her fingers quickly searched through her messages.

 

“What? Noona, I never have!!” he shrugged.

 

“Shut it, you’ll never know,” Jong Kook eyed on him suspiciously.

 

“I swear to god—”

 

“AHA! Here!!” So Min proudly showed her friends a kiss sticker Se Chan sent ages ago, “SEE! It’s a kiss sticker!”

 

“YAH! You know it’s nothing like that! I must have apologized for that!” he took So Min’s phone out of her grasp and examined the message himself.

 

“Then why—”

 

“SO MIN, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. IT WAS NEXT TO THE LOL STICKER! It’s not even intimate!!!” he showed her the succeeding texts.

 

“It was still sweet and cute of you though,” So Min stuck her tongue at him.

 

“Arasso, we’ll accept the kiss sticker! Drink up!” Kwangsoo gave him a shot.

 

“WAAH, when will my suffering end?” Se Chan scowled as he unwillingly drank it.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________


 

Bravely picking the block on an uneven side, Jong Kook had gotten: DARE — Carry your partner while doing 25 squats

 

“OK — Babe! Come here, I need your help,” Jong Kook beamed and happily showed the block to Ji Hyo.

 

“Not fair!!!” Sun Bin pouted.

 

“Daebak, aren’t you two always lucky?” So Min gaped at them.

 

Jong Kook bent down as Ji Hyo hooked her arms around his neck. Before she knew it, he had placed his arms under her knees and she was easily carried by him, “I’m ready!”

 

Se Chan started counting. Jong Kook effortlessly lowered his body into a perfect squat with Ji Hyo in his arms.

 

“That’s it, oppa. You’d get this in a heartbeat,” Ji Hyo cheered on her boyfriend.

 

By the time the count reached 14, Kwangsoo couldn’t help but interfere and grabbed Jong Kook’s hair.

 

“YAAAAAH!” Jong Kook screamed while still managing to maintain his squat. Ji Hyo, on the other hand, swiftly responded by holding on to Kwangsoo’s hair, taking the perfect revenge for her boyfriend.

 

“AHHH NOONA, NOOOOO! STOP!!!”

 

“Aish, you punk. You should’ve thought about this before attempting to attack us!” Ji Hyo barked at him, tightening her grip on his hair without any plans of letting go.

 

“OKAY, OKAY. I’M SORRY JUST LET GO!” Kwangsoo begged and Ji Hyo released him as he clumsily and dramatically fell on the floor. Sun Bin discretely came to his side and chuckled at his luck while comforting his sore head with gentle pats on top.

 

“23….24...25!!! Success!” Se Chan announced.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter