Lovely

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud cries echoed throughout the master bedroom, interrupting the sleep of a very tired Jong Kook. He flickered his eyes open. Half-awake and a bit disoriented, his gaze scanned the room as he searched for the cause of his sleep having been cut off again. As his eyes fell on the baby monitor, it immediately caught his attention and confirmed the source where the noise is coming from.

 

Sighing in exhaustion, he took a quick glance over his shoulder and found his wife, Ji Hyo, who was sleeping deeply beside him, completely undisturbed and was evidently more worn out than him. He couldn’t blame her. Two weeks ago, she gave birth to their precious daughter Jin-ae. While having their daughter has been a wonderful gift, the journey in welcoming her was not easy. His poor wife had to struggle and wrestle through a 6-hour labor and there was nothing he could do but hold her and support her with soothing and reassuring words.

 

After witnessing what she went through, Jong Kook felt so bad and sorry for Ji Hyo that he vowed to make it up to her by carrying the greater responsibility in taking care of Jin-ae. Even if Ji Hyo found it absolutely ridiculous, he still made it a point that she gets enough sleep and recovers her strength. Thus, he placed it on himself to be in charge of their night shifts, not unless Ji Hyo’s needed.

 

He got up and hurriedly went to the nursery to ease their newborn. As he entered Jin-ae’s room, her cries became louder which made him rush to her crib.

 

“Aigoo, Jin-ae,” Jong Kook hushed and took her in his arms. “Appa’s here. Gwenchana,” he cooed her and checked if her diaper needs to be changed.

 

“Aha, your nappy is still clean and Omma just fed you not too long ago,” he swayed her gently from side to side.

 

Jin-ae’s cries softened with her appa’s slow and steady rocking. A smile spread across Jong Kook’s face when he noticed his baby was starting to calm down.

 

“Thank you baby girl, we don’t have to wake up omma, do we?”

 

The baby started feeling fussy again as her hands and feet lightly jerked, “Arasso, arasso. Appa’s sorry. I shouldn’t have mentioned Omma.”

 

He didn’t know if his two-week old daughter had easily caught on what omma already meant but she just started wailing. Flustered by her response, he moved her back and forth attempting to pacify her once again.

 

As she starte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter