Exposed

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: If you haven’t seen episode 492, you might want to skip this one to avoid spoilers :)

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

They weren’t supposed to know but they found out eventually. It was a subtle mistake of Ji Hyo lending her phone to Kwangsoo that led her secret to be exposed out in the open. 

 

For the past weeks, she has been taking up english lessons in secret. She even got herself a private tutor, who has been so patient in teaching her basic grammar, proper pronunciation and vocabulary words. It wasn’t easy for her to pursue a new language at her age but she was determined to prove Jong Kook wrong. She kept on asking her fiance if they could go to L.A. for their honeymoon but he wouldn’t budge. Instead, he placed a wager on their trip: he’ll only agree to go to L.A. if she’ll be able to converse with him in English for one whole day.

 

It was ridiculous but he has his reasons. He’s been vocal about wanting to travel to Europe. In fact, this region was part of his travel bucket list. He has been dreaming of visiting the world’s most romantic destinations with Ji Hyo as his wife: the Eiffel tower in Paris, the trevi fountain in Italy, the exquisite architecture of Santorini and so much more. Now that the dream was coming close to reality, he couldn’t just let it slip away and compromise for L.A. He’s almost always there on a yearly basis. It would be absurd of him to bring his wife there for a honeymoon.

 

He tried to persuade her that they could just come to L.A. on another trip but she was insistent that she’d like to visit it for their honeymoon. When he asked why, she just gave him a shrug, “Oppa, I just want to.” He was taken aback by her answer. He couldn’t seem to read what’s going on through her head and offered a solution that might just be a bit more favorable to him. He betted on his strength. Surely, if he bargained her english skills compared to his, she’ll concede and they’ll enjoy their romantic escapade in Europe as planned. However, he was caught off guard once again when she nodded her head in agreement, “I’ll give it a shot.”

 

Since then, she’s been intently studying English to some extent that she would sometimes cancel their dates or push it back at a later time because she had to review for her assessment tests. While he was impressed by her dedication, he regretted provoking her to do this. He’s a fool to forget how similar they are: they both never back down on a fight. Oh boy, did he miss spending time with her. 

 

Luckily for him, they were both assigned to the same team after such a long time. They’ve been maintaining their on-screen interactions on lowkey since they secretly got engaged. It was Ji Hyo’s idea, admitting that she wants to refrain from being teased by the fans and the pressures about when they’ll marry that came from their families and friends. Jong Kook couldn’t agree more. He loved and enjoyed the process of being in control with their wedding preparations. He also suggested that they will share the news of their marriage publicly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter