Overseas

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook never fully understood how Ji Hyo was extra clingy whenever he went overseas until tonight.

 

Ji Hyo and Dong Hoon were currently at an event in Beijing. While he also received an invite to the said function, he unfortunately couldn't take a leave due to his upcoming tour. Rehearsals followed a strict schedule which also affected his personal time with his family and girlfriend.

 

Scrolling through a chinese news article, Jong Kook grinned upon seeing a photo of his girlfriend and best friend on the red carpet. Ji Hyo looked absolutely stunning while Dong Hoon pulled off a sophisticated trendy suit. His smile grew bigger when he noticed that she opted to wear the quarter sleeved black ruffle dress and kept her hair pulled back in a low ponytail.

 

Relief flushed over his face. He is pretty much aware of how big her fanbase has become in China, recalling the crazy fanboys that would fawn over her whenever Running Man had a fanmeet. So when she confirmed her availability to join Dong Hoon, he immediately asked her stylist to be careful in choosing her outfit that would not be too revealing for the public eye.

 

Ji Hyo scowled at his response, “It’s not like it’s the first time I’m attending an event. I can wear whatever deems fit.”

 

“You know how crazy fans could get. I just want you to be safe. I won’t be there to block erts out of your way and I can’t expect Dong Hoon to protect you the same way he does for Go Eun,” He placed his hands on her shoulders.

 

She stared at him and nodded, “Right.”

 

“Thank you,” He kissed her cheek.

 

“Now can you please stop wearing those muscle tee shirts at the gym? Gap Jin told me that the pilates moms started lurking whenever you were there to take a good look at you.”

 

He raised his eyebrows, “Huh? When did that happen?”

 

“Aish. Stop pretending you don’t know. You’re not playing fair.”

 

He smiled teasingly, “You know I’ll just end up ripping my sleeves as I workout.”

 

“And you know that I’ll wear whatever I want to the event,” she smirked.

 

“Aigoo.”

 

“Nice try though,” she playfully his nape before pulling him for a kiss.

 

He chuckled at the memory and gazed at her photos once more. Oh boy, does he miss her. It has only been two days since he brought her to the airport but his home had become a lot quieter and sadder without her around.

 

He let out a sigh, suddenly felt bad over the fact that they won’t even get to spend Christmas together. He regretted agreeing to schedule a show on the 25th. Not that she minded. She wasn’t a big holiday person either but it would be nice to spend that special day with her.

 

Unable to contain his longing for her, he took out his phone and sent her a text.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter